Brody's Gem (Kingston Spin-of...

By unknownn2020

Kingston Spin-off #2 THE SECOND BOOK OF THE KINGSTON SPIN-OFF SERIES! Brody Kingston is fed up with his life... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44 (Bonus)

Chapter 29

2.2K 91 6
By unknownn2020

**(Edited)**

Brody's POV

Gemma beat my ass like she told me she was going to. I'm shocked considering how small she is but she did it. She beat my ass.

"I totally won! And you tried I know you did!" She squeals out walking to the car as I shake my head no. She laughs while pulling my arm as I push her back making her almost fall over from my body weight.

I've loved being with her tonight. I feel like we're getting a lot closer and I wouldn't have it any other way. I love that woman, and she's slowly making me fall deeper into love with her. I'm just a pussy who can't tell her how I feel.

"I did but I've lost my touch. We'll have a rematch next time" I tell her opening the door for her to get in before going to the drivers side. Something I love about being with Gemma is that she's not only my girl, she's my best friend. I'd do anything for her because I love her, but she's my best friend. I can have fun with her, without offending her, and she's my person.

I pull out of the parking lot texting Lily's cousins who let me in, and telling him I locked up. I'm glad he let me in there to have a day with Gemma. We didn't even drink that much, she had one drink and I had two beers but the truth is, I never get drunk off of beer. It's cheap and I'd have to drink over fifteen to get drunk.

I reach over and hold her hand as she leans up and kisses my cheek while rubbing my neck. I'm glad she's happy, I think she loves me too.

"Thank you for this, I'll have to come back and bring my mom" she tells me as I nod and rub her fingers. Her bare fingers, that need to have something on them. Maybe not an engagement ring yet, but something that shows her how much I love her, even if I can't tell her yet.

"Your fingers are so small" I tell her as she nods. "I know, my dad wasn't very big and my mom has really small hands too. I can't even fit her wedding ring she wore a long time ago. It's a size five and to big, I think I'm a four and a half." She tells me while looking at her hands. Jackpot, I got my answer.

"I think I'm a thirteen or something" I tell her as she rolls her eyes. "Thirteen? How are you so big? You're not bigger than your dad yet and that's impossible." She tells me while resting her head on her elbow on the dash. She picked up my dads wedding ring beside the sink and was shocked at how big it was. She gave it to him after he laughed at her face about this size of his hands and it made my mom smile.

"I don't know, it's odd though. Think about what my kid is going to look like." I tell her as she looks ahead and doesn't say anything. Oh fuck, kids, she doesn't want kids.

"Umm yeah" she whispers while I rub her leg and keep driving towards my grandparents house. They called me earlier and invited Gemma and I to dinner so we decided to go and eat with everyone.

"Gemma we have to talk about it eventually" I whisper as she shakes her head no and sits quietly. I know she doesn't want to but, I want kids and I'm not compromising on what I want.

"I don't want to talk about it. We just started dating and now you're talking about kids and we don't even have sex." She rasps out as I grab her hand.

"Look at me." I demand as I rub her hand softly.

She turns and sighs as I look at her, "I want children and I want them with you. I want you Gemma, I think you'd make an amazing mom. I want that with you, yeah we don't have sex now. It's because we aren't ready, and I don't want to hurt you." I tell her as she sighs.

"Brody I just don't want children." She tells me as I release her hand and grab the steering wheel. She looks over at me as I stare at the road and don't say anything.

Here's our first major argument and I don't speak to her as I drive slowly. I don't even know what to say.

Gemma's POV

Brody is never this quiet and it kills me. I want to be what he wants but I'm terrified of being a mom. I'm deathly afraid of not having anyone to raise it with, like my mom. She did everything and I don't want to be a single mother. I want to be married before I have children, but even then, he could leave. He could leave and I'd be left big and pregnant by myself.

"Brody" I whisper trying to grab his hand as he doesn't move it. He always holds my hand, and now he's not. This is what I was afraid of, coming to Georgia and arguing.

I pull my hand away and turn my body to look out the window as I feel my tears start. He just doesn't understand me. He doesn't understand why I can't be a mother. I just emotionally don't think I could handle it. And that's what he wants, he wants to settle down and get married because he's twenty six but I'm twenty five and I'm not settling into a marriage that I don't feel secure in. And here I am talking about marriage and we aren't even getting married!

The whole ride is quiet for five minutes before more tears fall down my face and I reach up covering them as I watch houses on the side of the road. He must hear my cries because he tries to grab me and I pull away from him.

"Will you please take me back to your house?" I ask softly as I cover my face. I want to go home, I want to get on the plane today and go home.

"Gemma" he whispers trying to touch me as I swat his hands away.

"Baby, talk to me" he whispers as I scoff. "YOU DON'T FUCKING GET IT BRODY! I can't be that mom, that single mom raising a baby by myself. I don't trust a marriage because my dad left. What's stopping you from leaving me? What if a new hot sexy model comes along and sweeps you off your feet and you have to come home to an ugly and pregnant Gemma? You'd leave me, you'd fucking leave like my dad did and I refuse to have that in my life. I don't want kids because I can't do that to my baby. I know what it feels like and I love my mom with my whole heart. I do, but she struggled taking care of me for so long! I stole peanut butter and jelly sandwiches from the lunch line so we could have dinner! So don't start with me Brody! Don't start the you want kids conversation because I don't!" I yell at him as he pulls over on the side of the grass. He abruptly stops the car and looks over at me fuming.

"You're not at all who I thought you were. You'd think I'd leave? You really think I'd leave you pregnant? You don't trust me at all. You don't think that I'm scared of you running off with Christian? Do you not know that you could be fine without me! You could retire tomorrow and live off selling your damn company! I know you're damn rich so moneys not an issue and you know it. I've got money too, and I would give anything to my children. Let me spell it out for you, whoever my baby mama is, and I though it was going to be you, will be treated like the queen she is for being pregnant. I can't believe you don't even know me." He whispers looking away as I nod.

"Good, let me get on a plane and leave. We're done" I spit out opening the car door. I grab my bag and cell phone as he calls my name. I don't have a clue where I am, but I'm getting out of here. I walk away from the car back towards the city as he gets out and yells my name. He keeps yelling Gemma as I keep walking and I see a SUV stop. Fuck yes.

I walk up to it and see Tatum, oh my fuck. "Gemma what's going on?" She asks rolling down her window as I see Dean driving.

"Will you please take me to Brody's house? I'm ready to go home" I whisper wiping my tears away as she nods immediately and I open the back door. Brody starts sprinting as I lock the door and I reach up and lock Tatum's.

He beats on my window as I grab my seatbelt, "Please drive me back" I whisper to Dean as he backs up and starts driving.

"What's going on Gemma?" Tatum asks as I wipe the tears off my face and see Brody standing in the middle of the road. He grabs his hair before going to the SUV.

"He's flipping out on me and I can't handle it" I whisper as she grabs my hand and rubs the side of it.

"I just want to go home to New York and see my mom" I tell her as she grabs a tissue and hands it to me.

"Gemma, he loves you. I know he does, he doesn't mean it. He just gets angry so easily." She whispers rubbing my hand as I shake my head no.

"I don't want kids. I don't want children because of what my dad did and he doesn't get that. He doesn't get me and I can't talk to him about it because he's so dead set on babies. We just started dating and now he's already talking about marriage and kids and it terrifies me." I tell her as she rubs my hand.

"Honey" she whispers as I wipe my face with the tissue.

"Please take me back" I beg as she sighs and nods. The whole rest of the ride is quiet as she drives me to Trevor and Avery's house. Thankfully they are home, so the front door is open. After thanking Tatum and Dean I open the front door of the house and run to Brody's room quietly. I run up and lock the door before grabbing my bag and packing it the rest of the way up. I finish and call a taxi service to pick me up at the back gate so nobody sees me.

I don't regret being here for him, but I regret the baby conversations because we broke up. I broke up with him over it and I had to. I was falling in love so fast, and I just can't be with him when he doesn't even consider how I feel.

I can't do it. I can't have a baby with fear in my mind of man leaving me. I can't do it.

Walking downstairs I see the bedroom door open meaning his parents are probably in there. I walk to the backdoor and hit the button cutting off the alarm, and open it quietly before shutting it behind me. I avoid the garage door and go directly to the back door. I cut it off and open it slowly while walking through the backyard to the gate.

I talk to the security guard for a second telling him I have to leave as he opens the back gate to the main highway. I automatically see the text waiting and my name being screamed.

I turn and see Brody making me cry harder as I grab my stuff and put it in the taxi. I tell the lady to drive as I see him sprinting and she drives off leaving him there.

I don't think I'll ever see him again and that kills me. I'll check the hallway in our apartment before walking out, and I'll avoid him at all costs. He just doesn't understand me and that kills me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 91.1K 95
Chelsea Madison, 25, had a story book life. She grew up in Seattle, Washington with two parents who loved her very much, gave her everything that sh...
579K 14.7K 42
I looked at his eyes and put up a strong face. His eyes bore into mine as much as mine into his. It was like he could read my mind and reach out to m...
42.5K 1.7K 26
Kingston Spin-off #4 THE FOURTH BOOK OF THE KINGSTON SPIN-OFF SERIES! Kinsley Andrews doesn't know where to pick up when her life takes a major shif...
295K 8.2K 24
Kingston Series #1 THE FIRST BOOK OF THE KINGSTON SERIES! Tanner has his entire life planned out. He has a full ride football scholarship as the st...