Pretend (Harry Styles) - Book...

By Posh777

-Sequel to Almost Lover and All of Me- Harry & Ava Engaged Expecting In Love Three things holding them togeth... More

Pretend
Chapter 1: "What happened to us?"
Chapter 2: Plans
Chapter 3: "Everything's good."
Chapter 4: Two Weeks
Chapter 5: A Last Minute Change of Plans
Chapter 6: Teasing and Toasting
Chapter 7: Foolproof
Chapter 8: Fainting Spells Before Wedding Bells
Chapter 9: "I do."
Chapter 10: Speeches and Surprises
Chapter 11: "Only us."
Chapter 12: Rules
Chapter 13: Star Gazing
Chapter 14: 100%
Chapter 15: "Just nonsense."
Chapter 17: Another Lie
Chapter 18: "What did you do?"
Chapter 19: Apologies and Regrets
Chapter 20: Broken Promises
Chapter 21: Overwhelmed
Chapter 22: "I'm so hurt."
Chapter 23: Boy or Girl?
Chapter 24: A Surprise
Chapter 25: A Proper Boxing Match
Chapter 26: "It's a...."
Chapter 27: "We're good."
Chapter 28: Confused
Chapter 29: So Many Lies
Chapter 30: Day Made
Chapter 31: Slow
Chapter 32: Safe.. Happy.. Okay..
Chapter 33: "Are they real?"
Chapter 34: "I'm sorry."
Chapter 35: "My wife."
Chapter 36: "Things will be different..."
Chapter 37: "You're something else."
Chapter 38: "For..ever."
Chapter 39: "Is it always like this?"
Chapter 40: An Accident
Chapter 41: "I know."
Chapter 42: "You alright?"
Chapter 43: The Best Thing
Chapter 44: Breaking Point
Chapter 45: Seeing Red
Chapter 46: A Life Changing Diagnosis
Chapter 47: "It will be worth it."
Chapter 48: Fresh Air
Author's Note
Chapter 49: "Something?"
Chapter 50: "She needs you right now."
Chapter 51: A Complete Mess
Chapter 52: Focus
Chapter 53: It Worked
Chapter 54: "Come to me."
Chapter 55: "One picture."
Chapter 56: Seven Words
Chapter 57: Anger
Chapter 58: A Phone Call
Chapter 59: Good?
Chapter 60: "What happened to us?"
Chapter 61: An Unexpected Visitor
Chapter 62: Reasons
Chapter 63: "I always need you."
Chapter 64: A Slap Across the Face
Chapter 65: The Real Plan
Chapter 66: Conflicted
Chapter 67: "Always."
Chapter 68: Perfect
Chapter 69: Just Us
Chapter 70: The Truth
Chapter 71: Moments
Chapter 72: Completely Content & Perfectly Happy
Authors Note

Chapter 16: "Just tell her."

13.7K 519 52
By Posh777

14 Weeks Along

-Zayn's POV-

I pause as the couch dips next to me, waiting for the movement to cease before continuing to draw on my arm.

"Thinking about getting a new tattoo?"

I glance next to me, a bright smile spread across Ava's face.

"Just bored mostly." I hold my arm over towards her so she can see the small drawing on the underside of my wrist. "Fan actually drew it. Sent it to me on Twitter. Wicked yeah?"

She nods, her eyes scanning the black sharpie marks littering my skin. "You know it's pretty unfair... You being so good at both singing and drawing."

"That so?" I chuckle.

"Most people don't even have one talent. Let alone two."

I raise an eyebrow at her, putting the cap back on the pen before sitting back on the couch.

"Out with it."

"Out with what?" She questions, sitting sideways on the couch.

"You want something."

"Why would you think that?"

"Buttering me up.. Singin my praises. Last time this happened you told me I should break into modeling... Right before you begged me to help you throw all Louie's clothes out the bus window."

"That was hilarious!" She laughs at the memory. "Remember the look on his face?!"

"Yeah... Till I realized you had grabbed my bag instead of Louie's."

"Oh right...." Her face falls. "Sorry about that."

"Found it quite funny actually." I chuckle. "Besides... hated the clothes picked out for me that tour. Did me a favor really."

"Well then you're welcome." She smiles at me. "Sounds like you owe me."

"You think so yeah?" I pull a cigarette out of my pocket along with a lighter.

The second it's between my lips Ava gives it a sharp tug, throwing it into the bin next to the couch.

"Right. Sorry." I cringe, realizing I was about to light up in front of a pregnant woman.

And not just any pregnant woman...

Harry's bird.

He'd surely try to beat the piss out of me just for having my pack in the same room as her.

"So what is it?" I question as she sits back down next to me. "Perrie put you up to something?"

"No." Ava shakes her head, "Actually was wondering if you could help me out with Harry."

"Harry?" I shift uncomfortably in my seat, suddenly wishing I'd followed the other lads to get some food.

"Yeah. I'm just worried about him is all."

"Why would you be worried? Nothing to be worried about." I shrug, picking up my phone and fumbling it around in my hands.

"I just... I think something's wrong. He won't talk to me about it, keeps coming up with excuses. Seems like he's been talking to you though."

I clear my throat nervously. "No, don't think so."

"I've seen you guys... Off in a corner... Whispering." She sighs, "I'm not blind."

"Right... Well..." My voice fades off as I struggle to come up with a reason. I'm wretched at this sort of thing. Always have been.

"I just want to help if I can."

"Not sure I know what you're going on about..." I finally look into her eyes, "But he can handle himself. He's got a tough skin on him."

"I know." She nods, thinking over my words. "He just seems so stressed out lately. I hate seeing him like that."

"Ava... I'm sure it's nothing to be concerned about." I lie, "He likes things easy on you. Especially with the baby and all. You know Harry... If he's up to anything, it's with what's best for you in mind."

She purses her lips, her fingers mindlessly playing with her hair. I can tell I don't have her convinced. Not even close.

"He wants to take care of me and I love him for that. But I want to be able to do the same for him. He just seems unhappy." She frowns, staring down at her lap as she speaks quietly. Almost to herself.

"You are Ava." I nudge her knee with mine to get her attention. "You being here on tour... That is you taking care of him. That is you making him happy."

"Doesn't feel like it."

"Couldn't be more wrong." I shake my head. "Know it's a sore subject... But when you were split up... All those months apart. He wasn't himself."

She frowns, her forehead crinkling up in sadness.

"Not making it out to be more then it was." I say honestly. "He was a proper mess. Barely slept. Angry as fuck all the time.... But now.... He's good. He's really good. Happier then I've ever seen him. That's cause of you. Don't belittle how much you do for him. You've made his life your life. You've no idea how amazing that is... how rare. Everything you do is for him. And Harry... He knows it. Fucking brags about it all the time, the cheeky bastard. But it's true... Every bit of it."

She gives me a soft smile, trying to keep herself from laughing. "That's really sweet of you to say."

"What's funny about it?"

"Think that's the most I've heard you talk... Like ever." She giggles.

"Yeah yeah.. Fucking hate sharing feelings and shit, so you're welcome." I groan, "Now just leave it be yeah? Nothing to get worked up over."

"Yeah..." Ava narrows her eyes in thought, a piece of her hair being wound around her fingers.

"Think I'm gonna grab some food." I stand up, stretching a bit. "You want anything?"

"No." She shakes her head. "Harry's bringing me something. Thanks though."

I nod, gripping my phone in my hand as I exit the room. I make my way through the building, stepping inside the room where the buffet was set up.

I spot Harry, a plate full of fruit in one hand. I can hear Ava whining already.

"Mate." I get his attention. "We need to talk."

"Now? Have a baby that needs nourishing Zayn."

"We both know Ava's not going to eat that shit." I scoff, motioning towards the food in his hands. "And yes.. Now."

We take a seat at a table in the corner of the room, out of anyone else's earshot.

"Make it quick, will ya?" Harry asks, glancing at the clock on the wall, "Only... twenty minutes or so till the next interview."

"Ava knows something's up. She knows I know. Was trying to get me to tell her."

"What?" Harry's eyes widen a bit. "What the fuck you say to her?"

"Calm down. I didn't say anything." I sit back in my chair as Harry scowls at me. "Well, nothing except some overly sappy shit about how much you love her."

"Thanks mate." Harry breathes out a sigh of relief.

"Why the fuck haven't you told her yet?"

"I...."

"Enough." I cut him off. "You know I won't accept your bullshit excuses. Only making it worse, not telling her."

"Don't... You don't think I know that?" He narrows his eyes at me, "What the hell am I supposed to do? You know how many times her doctor has said she's not to have any stress?"

"She's gonna find out. She's digging Harry."

"Fuck..." He rakes his hands through his hair nervously.

"She's worried about you mate. Has good reason to be... The way you've been acting. Just tell her."

"Can't." Harry shakes his head adamantly. "It's not... It's gonna be bad.. When she finds out. Just bad timing right now."

"Never gonna be good timing for this."

Harry's eyes meet mine and I can tell he's scared. He should be.

"I'm not lying to her again Harry." I stand up, more then done with this conversation. "Hate that shit. For once.. Just tell her. Before she finds out on her own."

"I will." He nods, looking past me at nothing.

"Soon." I look down at him, grabbing an orange off his plate. "And stop mucking shit up. Bout time you learned from your mistakes."

I leave him sat at the table, his head dropping into his hands.

I hope he'll listen to my advice...

But I know he won't.

____________________
Please vote! It only takes a second!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37K 561 31
Second book of the series, please go and read the first book 'One direction pregnancy series' don't forget to follow me and have fun reading
78.8K 962 27
Sophia, Simple,Sophisticated, and maybe a bit of stupid when she finds out she might be pregnant with an unknown man's baby. She meets Harry, he's hu...
1M 26.8K 37
You may think that this is a cute family story about two people who's in love, but no, it's a lot more complicated than that. You see, this was never...
263K 3.2K 32
**CURRENTLY EDITING** Pregnancy Series for the four boys!! Enjoy:)