𝟑𝟗𝐓𝐇 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ➤ Ray

By Amanda_Grathan

"Come escape with us and be free." "Come and escape with me." ゚ Summary - ➴ With the escaping and... More

𝟹𝟿ᴛʜ ɢɪʀʟ - ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇᴅ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ
ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ
ᴏɴᴇ
ᴛᴡᴏ
ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ғᴏᴜʀ
ғɪᴠᴇ
sɪx
sᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
ɴɪɴᴇ
ᴡʜᴀᴛ's ᴛʜɪs?
ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ
ғᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ
ғɪғᴛᴇᴇɴ
sɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ
sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ
ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
sᴍᴀʟʟ ᴛᴀʟᴋ ᴡɪᴛʜ ɴᴏʀᴍᴀɴ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ғᴏᴜʀ
ɴᴇᴡ ғɪᴄ! sᴏʀᴛ ᴏғ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ғɪᴠᴇ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-sɪx
sɪᴅᴇ sᴄᴇɴᴇs
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-sᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ɴɪɴᴇ
ʏᴇs, ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ғɪᴄ
ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴇᴍᴇ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ
ᴇᴘɪʟᴏᴜɢᴇ

ᴛᴇɴ

5K 241 119
By Amanda_Grathan

𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥, 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐞.

Reality hits hard, am I right?

Ray stood, dumbfounded. There was a cliff past the wall. There was no need for security when that enough can make one cattle child inside the walls. That's also why (Y/N) didn't make any move earlier. She knew what was there and purposely let Norman go see it.

"It's a height we can't jump from." Norman said, his head low. "Sister Krone wasn't lying. The demons didn't underestimate us. With that cliff, security wouldn't be necessary."

"So that means we can't escape.." Emma widened her eyes in fear.

"There is a way." Norman said, taking a notebook by the nearby table.

"So I tried going to the edge of the wall. It split into two more walls. One side continued along the cliff. The other wall was the side of our house. The angles were about 60 degrees each." Norman explained, drawing out the layout of the farm.

"The inside of the two walls, where it splits, were nearly symmetrical." He added on. "I saw the same scenery in front of me. It means that the house is on a hexagonal property surrounded by a cliff. And the lot west from us is probably the headquarters. Because it was the only lot with a bridge."

"If you're going to escape, the only way to go is to cross that bridge." The boy concluded.

Ray felt his chest tighten. Norman was referring to them, excluding himself. There was no way he was going to let his friend. No, his brother leave them.

He wasn't going to die. Ray won't let that happen. He wasted years of efforts for this? For his best friend, dying for their sake. He was the one who was supposed to do that! Norman and Emma must at least live.

Just like in the books he read. There will be that one certain person, who will take themselves in front of danger. Risking their lives for the others. He didn't expect it would be Norman, the boy who was their dear friend, was going to do it.

"Norman!" Phil called out by the door, holding a bell. "Mama is calling you!"

The white-haired boy turned to the child, giving him a smile. "Tell her that I'll be right there."

Phil then skipped off, leaving the three elder children behind.

"Oh right." Norman got something from his pocket. "I wanted to give this back." It was the device Ray made to nullify the tracking devices.

He was angry, frustrated and couldn't believe his assumptions were right. "You-" Ray grabbed the boy's shoulders. "You were planning to return from the start, huh? You said it yourself, right?"

"That we will all stay alive together!" He exclaimed.

"Yes, I am sorry that I lied to you guys.."

Norman shook his head. "I cannot afford to make any mistake. Because I can't let anyone else die. If I run away, the plan will deviate. Even if it deviates just a little, It will be problematic to handle. I don't want to lose." Norman said. "It's pointless to argue. I will not change my mind."

Ray stumbled back and sat on the bed beside Emma. He doesn't know what to do anymore, there was no time. Norman wasted his chance of escape for them to be free.

Earlier, (Y/N) didn't even effort to try and run after Norman. It was because she knew that he wouldn't want to escape in the first place. Of course she knew the way around the house, she was Mom's informant! She must know, observe, and be knowledgeable about everything that surrounds her.

"Funny, so that's why she didn't run after me huh?" Norman smiled sadly. "I did what I can today, I'm leaving the rest to you. Make sure the escape succeeds."

"Wait, Norman-" Before any of the two could say anything, they were embraced by the boy.

"So warm." Norman said. "Thank you for everything. Because of you all, I had a good life." He said, smiling.

"I had fun, I was happy, I was very fortunate." He added on.

It was all going down like this. He couldn't accept it. Ray was in a verge of crying, but he held back his tears. He furrowed his eyebrows, quivering. "Damn.. Damn it, damn it!"

"Hey Norman." Emma was crying, grasping the back of his shirt. "It's still not too late to run away. Run and hide in the forest."

But it was too late.

"Like I said, I'm not going to change my mind." Norman stood up properly, smiling once more. "See you."

Norman left the two in the infirmary. Both of them sad and alone in the room, not knowing what to do.

Ray stood up and walked out as well. So this was the end, this is where he gives up all of his plans. Norman will be gone and leave them behind. There was only one option that was left and that was let the others escape before his birthday.

Emma didn't know about that plan, so he is taking advantage of that. "Ray.." She called out.

"I'm going to think." He mumbled, making his way to the library.

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

No one was in there at the moment. He closed the door, sitting on the floor. He didn't expect himself to cry at the very moment he was alone.

He bitterly smiled at the memory six years ago. It was a cold, winter day. Both Emma and him were playing outside in the snow. Emma had challenged him in a snowball fight which lead him winning.
And a few moments later, the sickly boy got a cold.

Emma was so worried about him that she wanted to get sick too so Norman wouldn't be alone. It was a stupid idea, but then it was very thoughtful of her.

He was worried too but it was just a cold. Though he wanted to go inside the infirmary, just like Emma. But Isabella didn't want them to go in as they might get sick as well. Ray followed her orders and stayed outside the room. Emma on the other hand can't seem to sit still.

"Idiots don't get sick. That's what in the book said." He stated, pointing at the book he was reading.

It was a bit illogical if he thinks about it now. Whether you were an idiot or not, you can get sick. Funny, how Emma believed every single word he said that was straight up from a fairytale book.

Emma was pestering him about how to talk to Norman. So, Ray made some stringed-cups that resembled how telephones work. He remembered how both of them were so happy, talking to each other.

"Yay! Now I can talk to him without going inside!" Emma yelled excitedly.

"If you're going to shout like that, you won't even need the cups in the first place." Ray grumbled.

It was nostalgic, just thinking about it.

Then there was Norman's eleventh birthday. Just seven months ago, they planned the biggest surprise for him. Because the boy doesn't often display shocked expressions.

Ray initially planned it all, how it will all end up. Everyone worked hard and none of them were caught. Well, almost got caught. Norman was supposedly to see a mysterious girl that would just dissapear out of nowhere. Let him be misdirected, Norman even thought there was a 39th girl. His reaction was priceless when he found out Emma was the one dressing up as the supposedly thirty-ninth sibling.

How ironic when there was indeed a real person being the 39th girl.

The door suddenly opened which made his back hurt by the sudden opening. Quick tip, do not weep and cry in front of the door. "Ow.."

He quickly wiped his eyes with his collar. Standing up to see who it was. When the door finally widened, he saw (Y/N).

"I'm sorry, did I hit you?" She asked, genuinely concerned.

"No." He lied. "What are you doing here?" Ray asked. He preferred to be alone at the moment.

"Mom wanted you to come downstairs, to say goodbye." She said, breaking eye contact.

Silence. None of them moved or spoke. Just the two of them awkwardly standing in front of each other.

Right now, Ray can't really face Norman. He was still angry about his decision. But he can't do anything about it anymore. Nothing was to be done at this situation. Norman was truly going to face his end.

He also had an argument with Isabella. She, who promised to delay their scheduled shipment date, didn't fulfill their deal. Norman was requested by the headquarters and that was probably he was smart. There was no use in opposing now.

"So.. Are you coming?" She asked at the boy who was too lost in his own thoughts.

"I'll be there later." He said, almost whispering.

She was about to leave when suddenly Ray spoke. "You knew about this, didn't you?" He asked at the young girl who stopped in her tracks.

"Yes." She answered, her back facing him. "Yes I did."

"I'm really sorry, Ray." She turned to him. "It's how the world works and there is nothing you can do about it."

Actually there is something they can do. Escape and be free from the farm. Was this girl in denial?

"There's nothing I could've done too." She looked down, which made Ray confused. What is with this girl? Earlier she spoke in the most malicious way possible, threatening them. Now she talked to him sincerely, she was genuine.

"Well, I'm going now." She awkwardly waves and walks off, dissapearing from his sight.

There was sincerity in her way of delivering the words. And what did she mean by couldn't do anything? Everything about her is so confusing, she is confusing. From an innocent looking girl to a person with bad intentions. Which was her?

He doesn't even know if he's going to consider on taking her.

"Ray, don't leave her behind alright?" Norman whispered, patting his shoulder.

She obviously is a threat.

"Emma wouldn't want that, she said to take you even though you were the traitor." He added on.

"But she has intentions I didn't have! Will you really risk letting her join us?"

"It's what Emma had told me, and I'd do anything for her." He simply stated. "I know you want to take her too."

She was the epitome of confusion. Her every action was just like Mom. Even though she just arrived, she took care of the children like she had known them for an entire lifetime. Earlier, she was genuinely happy. Acting was different from complete feelings. She just told him she was sorry she couldn't do anything. But then again, acting also revolved around faking feelings as well.

How does he put it? He just doesn't know what she was putting on a show. Does she really feel sorry? Was it just part of her plan of luring him in, thinking she was sympathetic?

All of these thoughts spiraled around his head, leaving his mind into utmost confusion. It was as if the girl were a puzzle that his mind was mind was trying to solve.

He walked down the stairs, each step  echoing. He could hear all the shouting and talking of the children. He stopped by the middle part of the stairs, crossing his arms.

Norman passed by with his dark blue tuxedo on, a hat resting on his white hair. Ray looked back at the boy who was smiling at him. They didn't speak to each other. One small eye contact exceeding for about ten seconds were enough to say goodbye. At least for Ray.

He turned his head away, hearing Norman's footsteps echoing the hallway.

And just like that, Norman was long gone.

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

Welp, Norman's gone. Did she really mean her words? Find out on the next chapter 📄

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.1K 1.9K 25
(y/n) (l/n) never liked the idea of having a group of people to be close to. But when her best friend introduces her to the student government, she t...
39.6K 2.1K 8
[[DISCONTINUED]] ✧ The Promised Neverland x F!Reader ✧ "Would you forgive your best friend, if they killed your worst enemy?" With the destruction of...
64K 1.6K 26
" two birds on a wire~ one tries to fly away and the other... " she quietly hummed while watching her siblings and her one and only love go furthe...
148K 4.5K 59
••• "Snow?" He whispered. I faced him and gave him the 'what is it now?'look. He sighed deeply. "I cant change your mind could i?" He asked me hoping...