Brody's Gem (Kingston Spin-of...

By unknownn2020

Kingston Spin-off #2 THE SECOND BOOK OF THE KINGSTON SPIN-OFF SERIES! Brody Kingston is fed up with his life... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44 (Bonus)

Chapter 22

2.4K 106 9
By unknownn2020

**(Edited)**

Brody's POV

I feel numb, like everything has left my body. I'm not an emotional guy but she's gone. Grace is gone, and I don't know how to take it.

Beau's gone and now Grace is gone. I lost them and I can't function. Beau was my second dad, and then Grace was my second mom. That couple was my world, I spent as much time as I could with them. I'll miss her, and I hate that the last time I spoke to her was on the phone. On the stupid phone and we ended it by telling each other we loved the other one. But I'll miss her.

My phone starts ringing from the airport and Gemma reaches into my pocket and grabs it. I think she knows how I feel. I don't want to talk, I just want to see her for the last time. When I left, I didn't think she would pass away. She was perfectly fine and happy and she just died.

I wipe my face and I don't hear her until she hands me my phone, "Brody it's your mom" she whispers as she hands me the phone. She holds it to my ear as I grab it.

"Mom" I whisper as Gemma grabs my free hand and we keep moving through the airport. We make it to the waiting area as my mom starts.

"Brody I'm so sorry about GG. Gemma told me you're both on the way here but I want you to know that I love you. Everyone is coming into town and your rooms ready. I'm sorry." She tells me as I stay quiet.

"Love you mom" I whisper before hanging up and putting my phone in my pocket. Gemma holds my hand as we walk into the gate and onto the plane.

We sit down right next to each other after waiting a while and she takes our bags and puts them in the overhead compartment.

"I called your coach and told him you'd be gone for the rest of the week." She whispers sitting down and holding my hand. I stay quiet and nod as I look out the window. I don't know why I'm shutting down, but it took me three months to get over Beau's death and I know it's going to take just as long to get over Grace.

"Will you talk to me?" She asks while holding my arm as I shake my head no and look down at her hand.

"Brody please tell me how you feel. I can't help if I don't know, don't shut me out." She whispers while the plane fills. We both get looks from people knowing who we are and I don't speak to anyone.

"Grace and Beau, were-, my second set of parents. We called her GG, because I couldn't say her name. Beau taught me how to play football along with my dad and everyone else. I have Beau's number because I spent every summer since I was fourteen with him. So GG, and Beau were close to me. I was the only great grandchild that they were with almost twenty four seven. I know I'm taking it hard, but my aunt Tayson is probably going to fall apart." I whisper as Gemma lays her head on my shoulder.

"Thank you for telling me" she whispers while rubbing my arm.

"You can tell me anything and I promise I won't judge you. Brody I know it's hard but I'm here for you. Whatever you need I'm here." She tells me as I lift my arm. I throw it over her shoulder and pull her into my side as she lays into my chest.

I hold her and she holds me and stays still and breath is her rose smelling hair. The whole flight is quiet. I don't talk and she doesn't talk to me as she holds me. She rubs my arm the whole time and just stays completely quiet as I breathe in her.

I'm so happy she's here with me, and she's not giving up on me because I know I have a hard time opening up. I have never opened up in a relationship and I'm trying my hardest to for her.

An hour and forty minutes later we land in Atlanta. It's quiet as we stand and I grab all our bags from the overhead compartment. We walk out and to the baggage claim quietly as Gemma rubs my hand. She steps forward and takes our two bags as we walk through the airport.

I stop when I see Seth and Luka waiting by the front door. I hold Gemma still as they look over at me.

"That's my cousins Seth and Luka. They're my aunt Tayson, my dad's sister and uncle Connor's kids. Connor and my dad are best friends. I played with Luka for the Falcons. Seth plays with Brock for the GreenBay Packers" I whisper to Gemma as she nods. I don't really know how he got home so fast, but I'm not questioning it.

"Brody" I hear as they both walk up to me. I hug both of them before they look down, "This is Gemma my girlfriend" I tell them as she reaches up and hugs them.

"I'm so sorry about GG. I hate we have to meet this way." She says while hugging Seth and then making her way to Luka.

"Well, we were sent to pick you up. Brock was supposed to be here a few minutes after you guys were." He tells us as I nod. I know Brock had to come from Wisconsin.

"How'd you get here so fast?" I ask Seth as he shakes his head.

"I was already here, I had to come home because I got into it with my head coach and he's not happy right now." He tells me as I stay still and hold Gemma.

"What did you do?" I ask as she sighs.

"I got the coaches daughter pregnant and he wasn't happy. He told me to come home and never speak to them again, little does he know that Anna is coming to Atlanta tomorrow. She's only a month pregnant but he's not happy. He thinks her career is over because she's a cheerleader, but we both knew what we were doing and I don't regret it." He whispers as Luka shakes his head.

"And that's Brock" Luka says as I turn and see Brock walking towards us with his bags. Except he's got a girl on his arm too.

He walks up to us as I hug him and so do Seth and Luka. "Brock this is my girlfriend Gemma, Gemma this is Brock." I tell her as she hugs him.

"Oh, this is Alee my girlfriend, Alee this is Brody my older brother he lives in New York now and plays for the Giants." He tells her as she nods and hugs me. It's odd though because she doesn't really let go as fast as she should.

"I'm so sorry for your loss" she tells me while pulling away as she introduces herself to Gemma. She looks odd of some sort, and I don't think she's going to last. Brock dates new girl every week, so I don't expect her to last. She looks Gemma up and down smirking as I see her look over at me and bite her lip.

The hell?

Seth and Luka help Gemma and Alee with their bags as we walk out and to my aunt Tayson's car. It's the biggest one that will fit all of us so we pile in and Luka drives off as I hold Gemma's thigh. Alee looks over as I rub Gemma's leg and stares at me. This shits getting weird.

"So, don't freak out when we get there, I grew up rich." I whisper to Gemma as she nods. I haven't really said much since the flight but I'm dealing with it.

"I'll be fine, are you okay?" She asks while rubbing my hand as I nod. She rests on my shoulder and I hold her close. I think I'll be okay as long as she's here beside me.

We pull into the security gate of my parents house about twenty minutes later and Gemma just stares out the window. I think she's shocked at how big it is, and honestly most people are. My families rich, there is no other way to put it.

Luka hits the security pad before it recognizes his face and lets him in. He waves to the three security guards before driving into the driveway and parking the car. I get out and take Gemma's hand with me as I grab our bags. I take out Brock and his girlfriends and hand them their stuff before walking to the front door with Gemma.

I see Alee smiling at me seductively as I shake her looks off. I just have to deal with it for a few days and  then it will be over.

She rubs my arm as I take out my keys and unlock the door, "Gemma I know it's a lot but please just don't freak out. My mom doesn't like to talk about money because my dad bought this house before he met her." I tell her and she nods and rubs my arm.

"I'm okay, I don't care how I feel right now Brody. I'm here for you, I know it sucks I'm seeing your home for the first time this way but this is the place you grew up and it makes me happy to know you want me here." she whispers as I lean forward and kiss her head.

I don't know what I did to deserve her. I know I messed up earlier and tonight, I'm going to apologize when everything settles down.

I open the door as the alarm sounds and we take our bags in. I drop them in the hall, and walk past the big set of stairs as I hold Gemma's hand. When we make it to the kitchen I see my dad holding a cup of coffee sitting quietly at the barstool, and my mom is sitting right next to him holding his arm.

"Hi mom, dad" I say behind them as I feel Gemma tense up as they look at her.

"I don't think I properly introduced Gemma, she's my girlfriend now and I asked her to come with me. I hope that's okay." I add as she nods.

My mom stands up and walks over to me hugging me into her chest, "Brody I missed you so much, and I'm sorry about GG." She whispers to me as she pulls away.

"It's nice to finally meet you in person Gemma. I'm Avery if you don't know but you can just call me mom, and this is Trevor my husband, but you can call him dad." she tells Gemma pulling her into a hug as she sadly smiles and motions to my dad.

"Nice to meet you Gemma" he tells her standing up from the barstool as he hugs me and then hugs Gemma. I stand there quietly as my mom rubs my dad's arm, he looks upset. I know he is, because I am.

"Dad can we talk a minute?" I ask motioning to his office as he takes his coffee and nods.

"Gem I'll be back in a minute baby" I tell Gemma kissing her forehead before walking off behind my dad. I follow him into his office and sit down quietly as he sits next to me and the silence fucking kills me.

Then I look over and see a tear fall down his face. I've never seen him cry, ever and now I'm watching him break down.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

296K 8.3K 24
Kingston Series #1 THE FIRST BOOK OF THE KINGSTON SERIES! Tanner has his entire life planned out. He has a full ride football scholarship as the st...
276K 10.9K 21
"I walked over to where Aaron was sitting on the ground, kneeling so that I was face-to-face with him. He was wearing a blank expression on his face...
188K 7.7K 60
**This is an MMF love story** Sex and relationships don't interest Gemma--until she gives Tre a chance. One date with him makes her rethinking everyt...
218K 7.1K 41
Kingston Series #3 THE THIRD BOOK OF THE KINGSTON SERIES! Following his father, brother and grandfather's footsteps Trevor makes it to the NFL and l...