Chapter 51

"He hasn't done anything!" I yelled and was about to approach him. However the queen's sword stopped me right before I could touch him.

"Oh, no, no... You are wrong and you know that, Y/N. This man has done very much, haven't you Philo?" The queen chuckled and stared at the poor old man that had no strength left.

"Y/N..." He coughed and tears streamed down my face like a river. This is my fault.

"They know, but i-it is okay.

"No, no, no...!" I yelled when one of the guards slowly moved his arm to make sure I was watching as he then pointed a gun against Philo's head.

"DON'T DO THIS! LET HIM GO!" I screamed but one of the guards pushed me away and the queen stretched out her arm even more so I the sword touched my chest. One step closer to the old man and I would be dead.

"I did e-exactly what I always wanted to do. I told the truth and you saved them by using the information. You saved m-my people. Thank you." Philo stuttered, using all the energy he had left.

My senses sharpened with adrenaline. Shoot me, I thought. Stick the sword through my body and let Philo go. No matter what he says, it's my fault he has a gun aimed at his head. It's my fault.

"JUST LET HIM GO! KILL ME! JUST LET HIM GO!" I screamed while standing there, helplessly and scared. "Kill me!"

"Do you think I would be so kind to you? Never." Said the female monster in front of me, although she did not look very feminine anymore. Now she was just a disgusting monster with an ugly face. "You will suffer just like I have done."

The loud noise caused a ringing sound in my ears. It was as if the time stood still for two seconds, and those seconds felt like an eternity. I saw how the old man's body slowly and lifelessly fell to the ground as the guards released him, completely unbothered. They did not move a single muscle in their faces, they just stared at the blood that had begun to spread over the white tile floor in the kitchen making it look we were standing on a red carpet. It was not until the red liquid had reached my feet that I realized how my legs trembled under the pink dress which now had a red stripe at the bottom. I did not feel the sword against my skin until the queen had inserted it a bit into my body, so deep that now blood also flowed from my body.

I looked up at her, down at the innocent man who was laying on his stomach, and then up at her again. Her swollen lips had formed such a disgusting grin as she stared at me and my face that was soaked in tears.

She opened her mouth to say something to me, but no words came out. She just stood there, gaping. Suddenly her tomato-colored face turned white and she lost her grip on the sword she was holding. I would have picked it up if it were not for the fact that it was covered in the blood on the floor. White froth began to come out of her mouth and I took a step back. The guards did no longer focused on me as the queen started coughing it sounded almost louder than the gunshot. She fell to the ground with a loud noise and she landed with her face down in the red liquid in front of my feet. The guards looked at her body in shock as I slowly began to back away. It took a few seconds before they dared to approach her.

"Your Grace? Are you alright?" One guard carefully asked but she did not move a muscle. They started to shake her body, but nothing happened. She just laid there in front of Philo, just as lifeless as him.

"She is dead." One of the guards stated.

"No, she cannot be." Another one nervously answered, and they all tried to shake her and lift her up but there was no sign of life.

"Hey, what did you do?" One of the guards hissed at me.

"N-nothing." I stuttered while backing away until my back hit the wall.