Chapter 35

We used the same plan as when all eight of us left the castle that night. It was actually easier to get to the tunnels unseen now when we only were two instead of eight. As Jimin and I began to walk through the thing that looked like I giant pipe, I got a little anxious. I hadn't told him that the king and queen were gone this night because they were going to visit the town, probably to check so that no one was out too late. Maybe I should have told him. But on the other hand he didn't ask, and I was too scared that he would chicken out if he knew about it. Therefore, it would be better if I not told him.

I looked to my side and saw those white and green flowers that grew out from the wall. I remembered Jungkook telling me that the queen was allergic to them. After glancing over at Jimin to check where his eyes were, I rapidly grabbed a few flowers and stuck them in my bra. It could be good to have...

When we got to the place where the tunnel parted, Jimin covered my eyes with a blindfold. He did that mostly because it felt right for him, I don't think he actually wanted to. 

After a while I could feel the same air as I felt that day when I stood on the balcony of the castle hit my face and I had to stop for a second, to breathe it in, to feel it, to understand that I actually was outside again.

"Let's hurry." Jimin said. My eyes had got used to the dark, but I wasn't surprised by any strong light when Jimin removed the blindfold. The town was just as dark as the blindfold.

"Where do you want to go?" I asked and he slowed down his pace, walking beside me now. His eyes were wandering over the familiar barracks, the dirty streets and he was listening to the only thing that could be heard except from our voices – the birds that cried terribly.

"You're cold." Jimin said and I looked at him shaking my head.

"No, I'm not."

"You're shaking." He pointed at my hands and it was true, they were shaking. I don't know if it was because they were cold or because I was so overwhelmed with being outside again. I couldn't really tell.

"I know what would help me get warm again." I mumbled. Jimin didn't answer, he kept on looking around, but I knew that he still listened.

"If I would get to see my parents again."

"There's no time for that, I want to see more than this." Jimin quickly responded and I grabbed his wrist, stopping him. His brown eyes met mine and I glared at him seriously making his attention stay on me.

"Then we separate. You continue and I go to my parents."

"You think th-"

"Let's meet here in 30 minutes." I cut him off and he tilted his head to the side, not breaking eye contact. He barely even blinked.

"Y/n..." He sighed. "I like you a lot and I want to trust you, I really do. However, I don't think I can let you go just yet. What do I know? Maybe you have some kind of hiding place you sneak out to. Then I'm doomed forever and most importantly, I don't want to lose you." He spoke with honesty in his voice, but that didn't stop me.

"This is my chance to prove you that you can trust me. You think I would dare to leave the castle with anybody? You know me. I don't trust anybody so actually, I should be the one worried that you will be here in 30 minutes."

My respond made him look down. He grabbed my hand and it took some time before his eyes finally met mine again. Come on Jimin, I thought. Come on, just let me go because I will come back. This isn't the night for me to escape.

"20 minutes. We will meet exactly here in 20 minutes." Jimin said and I could see the regret in his eyes. I wouldn't make him disappointed though, I would show up and he would know that he could trust me.