Chapter 19

Namjoon continued teaching me how to read and write the next day. It was hard and it felt quite wrong to let him teach me since I didn't want him to become arrogant than he already was. However, he never did and he had patience with me. It was surprising for being the king and queen's son – a child to devils should be a worse devil itself, shouldn't it?

Before the dinner was going to take place, I figured I needed a better hiding place for when I'm observing the hallway. Just because I got caught last night doesn't it mean that I'd give up, rather the other way. Probably I wouldn't sneak out this night though since I'll sleep with Jungkook, but when I sleep with Yoongi I'll definitely will since he seems to sleep like a log.

I walked upstairs, around in the castle and I must have walked for 30 minutes before I stopped. It wasn't because I was tired though - it was because I dropped Mi-sun's ring. It fell to the floor and rolled back the way I already had walked so I started running, but I wasn't fast enough. The ring continued rolling down the long staircase as it shimmered under a large crystal chandelier that was hanging from the ceiling. I ran after the ring all the way down the staircase and I watched as it, at the same second as I took the last step, slipped under a door.

"Shit!" I cursed.

"Be unlocked, be unlocked, be unlocked, be unlocked..." I mumbled as I made my way towards the door. I pressed down the golden door handle and almost shouted out of joy as it opened. The lights turned on and in front of my feet the ring laid completely still, almost like it was waiting for me to pick it up. Breathless I grabbed it. Then, before I was about to walk out, I looked up and saw what was in front of me. My eyes widened as I realized that I had found it.

It wasn't a hiding place; it was something perhaps even better – a wardrobe for the workers. For a split second I glared at the ring, thinking that it had some supernatural powers because it did bring me to the wardrobe, although I knew it must have been a coincidence. A very good coincidence though.

It was a small room, yet it was very long. To the right all the maids' clothes were hanging, to the right all the guards' clothes were hanging and in the middle the cooks and some other clothes hung. With a smile I scrolled through the guards' clothes, like I was scrolling through a book, until I found one in my size. I knew I shouldn't be trying it on in the wardrobe because someone could walk in any second, but I did it quickly and it fitted my body perfectly. Since it wasn't a close-fitting uniform I looked like a man and the hat covered the most of my face.

I undressed, got into my own clothes and was ready to leave until I realized that I had nowhere to hide the uniform. Without any success I tried to put it under my long dress, but it was way too obvious and there were no other choices. I refused to return here though. This was my chance because maybe the door usually is locked, and everyone was probably eating dinner by now so I... FUCK! It was dinner!

I put the uniform between my knees and pressed together and walked out of the room, pretending like nothing odd was going on. Since the dress was so long it covered my legs, but I was walking very slowly and weirdly. The large clock in the hall I was in at the moment showed 10 minutes past dinner time and I knew I was dead, but I had to hide the uniform first and I knew where.

When I had arrived, it was probably 20 minutes past dinner. I was in the walk-in-closet Mi-sun always was inside to help me and luckily, she wasn't there yet. I didn't trust her so much that I could tell her that I had stolen a guard's clothes. Quickly I threw the uniform behind some dresses and then began running towards the dining hall even though I knew it was already too late. Even one minute late was unacceptable so I didn't even want to imagine what 20 minutes late would lead to.

As fast as I could I rushed towards the dining hall and took a deep breath before entering. All eyes fell on me as I approached the them, even the maids and guards were staring.