Chapter 33

I didn't stop thinking about what I had found out, not even for a second. My mind was a mess, like a crazy storm. Violently I shook my head side to side, but my thoughts wouldn't organize themselves. They drove me insane because they were so fucking many and they consisted of more questions than facts.

How many knows about it?
Should I go back and try to find out more?
Did someone notice me?
Is it true what I heard, or did I understand wrong?
Should I tell anyone?

The two last-mentioned were the one that made me go most crazy. Mostly because I was hesitant as hell that the way I understood it wasn't what the king meant. Maybe he spoke about a completely different thing. Or maybe he wasn't. And who would I talk to for advice and help? I had no one I could trust, not Mi-sun and especially not the princes. At least not yet.

It was during the dinner that day that I felt my heart beginning to pound for real, my palms began to sweat and my eyes became big as apples. I was staring at the family beside and in front of me. The richest, most powerful and greatest persons in the whole country filled my view as my eyes wandered from one to another until I had seen them all. 

As the royal family elegant cut up their exclusive white fish that I didn't know the name of, I saw the differences, the differences I was so stupid to not have noticed before. Even at the Great Election when it was the first time that I saw them up close, I saw differences but I was dumb enough to not think of it more. I was really an idiot and everyone else in this country were too to not have noticed it before, the things I saw now. But I don't blame us, who would have thought about that the princes were adopted? No one wouldn't even had dared to mention it if they knew.

All of the princes have almond shaped eyes with a beautiful brown iris, which couldn't be seen in their parents' eyes. They were much lighter. The king was also muscular and quite handsome for his age, but still he actually had nothing in common with his sons when it came to appearance. Well, they didn't have very much in common regarding their personalities either. Furthermore, no one had the queen's sharp voice, instead the seven princes all had quite smooth voices. And the cherry on the cake was the queen's originally blonde hair. Neither of her sons were born with blonde hair and she had dyed it black since the princes were kids. Was it because she thought it was pretty? I wouldn't think so. I refused to think of that it would be a coincidence, it was impossible.

It all was because their sons aren't theirs even though they had tried to make it look like it. The seven princes are adopted and that means a lot of things because they aren't just any persons, they are the ones to become the kings. In the moment didn't want to think of what the consequences could be if this were announced to the inhabitants, but I knew they were many. However, I soon must find out what would happen and there was one way to find out;  I had to get the law book. What are the actual rules and what would happen if the king and queen don't have any heir that has the same blood as they do? Who will then take over the throne? What would happen to the king and queen? What would happen to princes? What would happen to me?

"Hey, what are you thinking of?" Jungkook asked and scrunched his eyebrows while looking at me.

"Oh, nothing." I nervously chuckled and shrugged.

"Sure? You look a little tense." He tilted his head, examining me as he spoke. It felt like he would find out exactly what the problem was just by looking at me at that scared the shit out of me.

"Maybe me and Jimin could help you relax a bit." He continued.

"No, you don't need to do that because I'm not tense." I answered, trying to sound like myself.

"Don't lie to me." He spoke with a more silent but darker voice. "I know something is off. You don't need to tell me what's wrong though if you don't want to, just let me and Jimin help you out."