Chapter 50

I was standing on the balcony with a microphone in front of me along with bright spotlights shining right at me. A camera was placed on the side, recording every single one of my actions so that everyone could see literally everything. I looked at what was in front of me, at the view. The ground below me looked like a sea of lights and it stole my breath away in the most magical way possible. It was like someone had taken a handful of glitter and thrown it as far as the eye could see. It was too dark to see the houses and the dirty streets, but the lights were enough for me.

Suddenly everyone began to applaud, and my stomach shifted uneasily. I noticed that the hands that I was hugging myself with were pinching into my skin. Therefore, I released my hands, but then I couldn't figure out what to do with them, so instead they clasped and unclasped each other as if in constant need of touch and reassurance.

"Good evening to you, the inhabitants of the phenomenal country of ours!" I said and I didn't need to raise my voice at all because the microphone was already making it loud enough. "I'm here tonight to speak to you about the past, now and the time to come."

A loud cough from inside the castle made me stop for a moment. It was so loud that I thought that even the audience could hear it through the microphone in front of me. I was about to start but then I heard it again and again, it didn't stop. I couldn't stop though, I had to continue.

My attention fell on the audience again and for the first time I was glad I wore a long dress because otherwise my shaky legs would be visible. I placed my hands along the side of my body to show the people that I wasn't nervous, even though it felt like I would pass away right there. If I wanted them to trust me, I had to look confident. I took a deep breath and got closer to the microphone and in that moment, it was like every sound around me disappeared. It felt like it was only me and the inhabitants in this world.

"There are two things I need to tell you quickly and I need you to listen carefully." I said to make them react and it worked. Every light stopped moving and everything went quiet.

"The king and queen are liars. The princes are adopted. THE PRINCES ARE ADOPTED!" I yelled and every light stopped moving. Even if it felt like everything went in slow motion I knew it went fast, which it had to, otherwise I wouldn't have the time so say it all before someone pulled me inside again.

"THE KING AND QUEEN HAVE BEEN LYING TO THEIR SONS AND TO YOU THE WHOLE TIME! And that is not everything! THE KING IS NOT THE REAL KING. HE HAS AN OLDER BROTHER THAT IS STILL ALIVE! I am risking my life saying this and I will get killed after this speech, so please! BELIEVE ME! LISTEN TO ME AND FIGHT AGAINST THE KING AND QUEEN NOW! RIGHT FUCKING NOW! I AM ONE OF YOU!"

Then I felt it. The hard hands that grabbed onto my body and pulled me inside, away from the balcony and away from the people. I fell on the floor and my head hit the ground so hard that I became dizzy for a moment. My eyesight was blurry and all I could distinguish for some seconds was screaming, coughing and people running back and forth. Someone slapped me across the face and I automatically kicked the person between his legs. I soon saw that it was a guard.

I quickly stood up and it was complete panic around me. Guards were running back and forth; maids were escaping and the smell of smoke filled my nose.

"Y/N!" Jin yelled. He was standing by the staircase beside Jimin and they waved with their hands, showing that I should go towards them. I began to run and I felt hands all over my body on my way there, trying to grab me and stop me, but neither of them succeeded. I reached the two princes and they grabbed my arms as we ran down the stairs. People were screaming, yelling and shouting behind us. That coughing I heard earlier got louder and louder. In the middle of the staircase I could hear it being right behind me and at the same time I felt nails digging into my upper arm, making me stop and scream.

"You are not going anywhere!"

I didn't understand that it was her first, the queen. Her face looked like a tomato. In fact, all of her looked like a tomato. Her skin was red, swollen, and full of some kind of yellow dots. Her eyes were wet and red as well. It looked like her dress would crack on several places any minute since she was so swollen. What the hell?

"LET ME GO YOU LIAR!" I screamed and Jimin and Jin came from behind, grabbing my waist in an attempt to pull me away from the grotesque monster in front of me. Meanwhile, the smell of smoke got stronger.

"YOU HAVE DESTROYED EVERYTHING! YOU WILL DIE!" The queen yelled in my face and her red eyes was filled with nothing else but hate. My heart began to beat fast as fuck and I would probably have died of a heart attack right there if it weren't for the two princes that finally got me lose from her grip.