Chapter 44

The man in front of me was wearing the uniform I knew too well. He was much taller than me and his arms and legs were swelling with muscles. The tight uniform only made that even more visible. He crossed his arms over his chest, looking down at me and I already knew what he thought of me.

"Can't I be where I want to be?" I mimicked his actions by also crossing my arms over my chest.

"You can't be in the garden without anyone with you, and I hope you do know that." His dark voice was scary and I knew that if he just pushed me once I would fly across the room.

"Jin and Taehyung will be here any second." I lied and he scrunched his eyebrows under the hat he was wearing. I gulped while waiting for his respond.

"Just let me have five minutes of air alone. You'll be standing right outside here, and I guess there are several guards in the garden as well? This isn't the night to escape so you can stay calm."

My arguments seemed to affect him. He wasn't as tough as he seemed to be with that body and dark voice.

"I'll be here, and I hope for your sake that the princes arrive soon." He said while raising his head a little, making me feel even smaller than I already was. Honestly, I was scared as hell that he wouldn't let me or that he would beat me up. His respond therefore made me feel such relief despite the fact that I only had five minutes.

"Yes." I nodded and rushed outside as soon as he stepped aside and luckily, he never noticed the sandwiches I was hiding.

Since Philo had told me he had seen the brick wall being damaged in the corner closest to the castle on the right side, I followed the wall that would lead me there. If I had more time, I would crawl on my knees to be sure that no one saw me, but now I didn't have much time at all. Instead I could only bend down while half running.

I could see guards on my way to the corner. They were lighting up the dark garden with something that shone a yellow light. It was moving and sometimes it got so close to me I had to lay down on the ground fast as fuck.

"Shit, shit, shit..." I said, feeling the time rushing away.

But then, I saw it, the brick wall's bright rosy color. The hole in it wasn't very large, but I knew that both me and Gi would be able to fit in it anyways. But as closer as I got, the hope was leaving my body and I felt a river of anxiety spreading inside of me. I didn't see anyone. It was nothing but a hole. No one was there.

No, no, no... I thought and began thinking of all the negative things that would happen now when Gi wasn't there. I wouldn't get to see him. I had sneaked out for nothing. They won't get the sandwiches or the expensive rings. My mother and father won't be warned about the statement I'm going to make during my speech. Gi won't be warned. They will get killed.

Suddenly my body was pushed against the ground and a hand covered my mouth. I began to panic, and I screamed even though the hand was making me shut up. The sandwiches fell on the ground as I kicked with my legs but the person, that I assumed was one of the fucking guards, was sitting on my thighs, preventing me from moving. Also, he held my arms above my head with another hand, so I was basically completely stuck. Fuck! It was probably the guard that had found out Jin and Taehyung wasn't coming. Damn it! I'm dead.

"Mhmm!" I shouted against his hand and looked up at him, ready to bite his hand. But I couldn't do it. I couldn't do it when I saw his face.

"Y/N! It's me!" Gi whispered with his sweet voice while slowly removing his hand. I opened my mouth in shook and stared at him. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close, snuggling his face in my neck. Even though he was slim and his arms didn't cover a lot of my body, his hug still spread warmth in my whole body. It was a hug stronger than everything I've ever known, and I couldn't let go for a while. Tears began streaming down my face and when we let go of each other I sat up and hugged him again.