EPISODE 43

The deafening echoes of sea waves govern the atmosphere as both the woman stares at the view of nothingness. The lighthouse is visible hinting to Hinata everything will be fine. They are outside Toneri's room, specifically on the veranda listening to the beautiful sound Ishikagi offers.

"So you're Hinata," Nana exclaimed, eyeing the cup she was holding.

"Yes..."

"I see."

Silence

"Do you love my son?"

"I'm sorry?"

"I ask, do you love Toneri?"

"He's my friend," she replied, stunned.

Hearing her response made Nana breathes audibly. She tastes another tea and then fixes her eyes on her. "I'm not his biological mother."

"..."

"But I love and treated him as one. As my flesh."

"Nana-sama..."

"Nana. Just Nana."

"He's a good friend."

"For sure."

"I'm sorry about earlier, (a long pause) I'm trying to help him dress. He's drunk so I just need to do―"

"Hinata san," she cuts her off.

Silence

"I think you're catching feelings for him."

Hinata's eyes widened, terrified to realize how her heartbeats doubled. What does this mean? Weird...

"Uhm..."

"I'm a woman so I can tell the way you look at him. You deny everything because you're scared."

Hinata blinks twice, trying her best to look unbothered.

"My son keeps on talking about you even before you guys visited this place. I guess he's a grown man now. Maybe, deeply in love." She looks at Hinata adding, "My son has brain hemorrhage."

"What?"

"So, If you plan to break his heart, you'll deal with me."

"..."

"He has frequent consultations but that kid never listens to me anymore."

Hinata began zooming out, remembering the day she saw Toneri in the hospital. That makes sense since he is taking sessions for his illness.

As they continued exchanging conversations, a sudden grunt from the inside cut their dialogue. Both panicked and went to check what's the commotion about then rushed to the distressed grey-haired.

"What are you doing?" Hinata asks while helping him to stand up.

He chuckled since he isn't yet sober. His cheeks have gone reddish. "Baby." He exclaimed looking at Hinata's pale eyes.

"What's the matter?" Nana barges in all of a sudden. Her vision glued on both and that made her face curve a genuine smile.

"Are you alright?" Hinata asks, concerned, seeing Toneri's sweat dripping ceaselessly.

"I'm not sure."

Her forehead twitches as she touches his temple, checking his temperature. She looks back in Nana's direction and was stunned to witness the old lady smiling which made her cheeks crimson.

"I think he had a fever," She said, blushing.

"He needs to take medicine. I'll get it for you." The old woman suggests. "Can you take care of him for a while?"