EPISODE 9

They continued walking when Hinata's phone rang. Sasuke's name appeared on the incoming caller details. "Where are you?" He ask, annoyed from the other line.

"I'm sorry. Weird things happened..."

"I said where are you?"

"I'll be there in―"

*toot 

Her phone died which made her curves a sarcastic laugh. Does fate love to play games with her?

"You wanna use my phone instead?" Itachi offered.

She looks at him with a defeated beam. "Thank you. But I think there's no need for that. We are here..."

The man eyed the tall and luxurious skyscrapers before saying, "This is where you two meet?"

"Yes."

"Cool."

Silence

"Itachi-San, I need to go. Goodbye."

"Wait."

"Hmmm?"

"Let's grab a drink. I'll pay."

"I'm good. Thank you!" She bowed feeling embarrassed.

"Come on! Don't be stingy."

"But, Sasuke is―"

"My brother can wait."

His words are tempting and so, she dismissed every doubt she had. "Okay..." She replied just to end the argument quickly.

Hence, Itachi leads the way to the nearest convenience store and even opens the door for her. "Pick one. I'll pay," he offered.

Hinata chose the milk tea while he took a liquor. "So, how long have you guys dating?" He asks with a trace of awkwardness in his voice.

"We're not dating," her cheeks crimsoned and she is trying her best to hide those from him. It's just embarrassing for some reason. "But we're seeing each other since last year."

"Ah..."

After they paid for the goods, they decided to walk outside. And as usual, Itachi opened the door for her. This man is the contrast to Sasuke's behavior. Indeed, Itachi is more like a gentleman. "We are settled. I owe you nothing."

She smiled because she finds his gesture delightful. "You're kidding." She said.

For that exact moment, he can't take his eyes off her. He likes how her face formed while smiling and it's beautiful. He pulled the tab and instantly gulps the liquid on the can without breaking his gaze on her.

They are staring into each other's eyes now.

"Tell me, how much do you know about Sasuke?" He asks out of the blue.

"What do you mean?"

Itachi broke the odd gaze as he drank the liquid again and again, "Do you have the slightest idea what you're getting yourself into?"

"..."

"How pitiful."

Her hair dances gracefully as the breeze swirl around. Seconds after, Sasuke's distressed face appeared right in front making Hinata terrified. 

For a while, he struggled to make his breathing pattern stable.

Silence

It took almost a minute for the woman to gather her thoughts from being shocked by his sudden arrival.