Be real

Wednesday, 23 December, 2020

"Woe to you, experts in the law and you Pharisees, hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs that look beautiful on the outside but inside are full of the bones of the dead and of everything unclean. In the same way, on the outside you look righteous to people, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.
Matthew 23:27-28 NET

One of the greatest evils that a man could ever have  within them is the evil of being a hypocrite. Let's look at what Jesus says about people who pretend to be who they are not.
 The bible says, "On the outside you look righteous to people, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness." But before we judge the pharisees, let's look deeply into our lives and check if we are also like them. Jesus loves everyone. But He has relationships with people who are real. 

Studying all the men that Jesus chose for disciples will shock you. From Peter and all the way to Judas. None of the men were what you would call 'righteous' and yet, those are men Jesus picked over many other people. 

"For many are called, but few are chosen."
— Matthew 22:14 (KJV)

Many are called, but a few chosen. Perhaps Jesus called many people to be his disciples, but only the 12 were chosen. The fact that we know their names should say a lot about their value to Jesus.  Why did Jesus choose such men to dissipate the word of God around the world? Its something to think about.  As flawed as they were, they were probably the most real people to be around. Pretending to be who we are not doesn't attract God's presence. It rather makes God seem so far away. 

Let's look at David. 

"Your word I have hidden in my heart, That I might not sin against You!" — Ps 119:11 (NKJV)

David says, "Your word I have hidden in my heart." Why? The bible goes on to say, "That I might not sin against you."  Why would David as great as he was saying such a thing? Sometimes I'd wonder why some people are so close to God. Then I realized its because of being honest. And being real. David was real.

 Let's look at another great example. 

"Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months."
— James 5:17 (KJV)

Elijah was a man of like passions. Just stop and think about this. What could the Bible be talking about? Elijah also had feelings. So if you have strong feelings. Its a normal thing. But look at what the bible says next . " And he prayed earnestly that it might not rain." And it never rained for three years!  Much as he had strong feelings, God was still able to use Him as a mighty vessel. But these people were real men of God. 

Determine to be the man or woman that God wants you to be. Regardless of our weaknesses, let's purpose in our hearts to be real to God.

"But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king's delicacies, nor with the wine which he drank; therefore he requested of the chief of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself."
— Dan 1:8 (NKJV)

I love this Scripture! Daniel was determined to stay committed to God. He purposed in His heart. Purpose in your heart to be faithful to God. Purpose in your heart to be holy. Purpose in your heart to be real to God just like Daniel did. 

In the name of Jesus, Glorious Father we thankyou. We bless your name. We magnify you. We thank you for being the mostawesome God. Be to us our savior. Be to us our guide. Be to us all you need tobe. Lord, help us to real to you as we pursue you with all our hearts. In thename of Jesus Christ we pray. Amen.