What is your request?

Sunday, 20 December, 2020

Then the mother of James and John, the sons of Zebedee, came to Jesus with her sons. She knelt respectfully to ask a favor. "What is your request?" he asked. She replied, "In your Kingdom, please let my two sons sit in places of honor next to you, one on your right and the other on your left." - Matthew 20:20-21 NLT

A lot of times we fail to worship Jesus. Sometimes our views or perspectives of who we think Jesus is blocks us from receiving Him as the Son of God.  The bible says, "She knelt down respectfully to ask a favor." Let's read a different version so that we learn how to ask Jesus for requests. 

Then the mother of Zebedee's children came up to Him with her sons and, kneeling, worshiped Him and asked a favor of Him.
Matthew 20:20 AMPC

In the Amplified Version, the bible says, "Then the mother of Zebedee's children came up to Him with her sons and, kneeling, worshiped Him and asked for a favor of Him." The mother of the Zebedee sons didn't just ask for a favor. Prior to her asking, She knelt down and worshipped Jesus. She first acknowledged Jesus before she asked for her requests. 

"Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."
— Philippians 4:6 (KJV

The bible says, "In every thing by prayer and supplication." We should let our requests be made known to God.  But a lot of times we scratch out the thanksgiving part. Our prayers can never be complete without giving thanks. How we receive is greatly dependent on how we approach God.

  If you wanted to ask  out a girl  that could be a potential partner, do you think she'd be happy if you just went straight up to her and asked for her number without engaging in any conversation? Would she even give you her number? No! When we approach God, let's approach Him with thanksgiving, with kneeling and worship. Then He'll ask, "What is your request?"

Jesus is always more than willing to answer our prayers. He is always willing to hear what we have to ask of Him. Much as He readily listens, He is to be worshipped.  Ask your master that thing that is in your heart with grace and thanksgiving. And watch Him cause miracles unfold in your life. 

In the name of Jesus, Glorious Father we thankyou. We magnify you. We worship you. Thank you for who you are. You are master.You are Yahweh. We bless your name. Thank you for wanting to know what werequest of you. Help us to live for you and help us to love in response to yourlove. In the name of Jesus Christ we pray. Amen