All you need is a word

Tuesday, 08 December, 2020

When evening came, many who were demon-possessed were brought to him, and he drove out the spirits with a word and healed all the sick.
Matthew 8:16 NIV

Jesus shows us something that I believe is an eye opener.
Studying the life of Jesus helps us to live in the exact way that Jesus lived.
How did Jesus deal with the deep issues. Issues that are overwhelming and issues that aren't exactly so easy to handle.
In the previous chapter, we learned about aksing, seeking and knocking. Which is different types of prayers.
To Live like Jesus, we need authority. Where did Jesus get all His authority?
If there's anything we should have learned by now in the life of Jesus, is his remarkable prayer life.

Jesus always prayed. He was always on His knees. How can we pray like Jesus?
Jesus was always praying. Pray as you wash the dishes. Pray as you shower. Pray as you go to school. When you learn to see opportunities to pray, do pray. Each time we pray, we receive strength.

pray continually,
1 Thessalonians 5:17 NIV

The bible says, "Pray continually. Now why am I talking about prayer?
Because, you cannot do what Jesus does without prayer.

When evening came, many who were demon-possessed were brought to him, and he drove out the spirits with a word and healed all the sick.
Matthew 8:16 NIV

How could one word have driven out demons and healed the sick?
Jesus didnt pray. He spoke a word.
The bible says, "And He drove out the Spirits with a word and healed all the sick "
The Greek word for Word is Logos. It means the spoken word. It means preaching. It also means utterance.
The many who were possed by devils were delivered by the Spoken word of Jesus.
We Only need one word, and our lives can become different. One word that's been carefully spoken into our lives can change us for the better.

Going to church is especially important. When we go to church, the word we hear is a word that has the ability and capacity to change our lives.
After Jesus Spoke, demons were driven out. After Jesus spoke, many were healed.
Choose to believe that one word can be Transformative enough to change your life.
One word can set us free from whatever has us entangled. Just one word. Jesus Spoke one word and reaped wonderful results.
Choose the word today and your life will never be the same!

Heavenly Father, we thank you. We acknowledge your presence here. You are with us even as we pray. Thank you for showing  us that the Spoken word of Christ has such tremendous power! Thank you for being our Lord. In Jesus name we pray. Amen