Jesus did everything for us

Sunday, 27 December, 2020

Mat 27 (NKJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁴² "He saved others; Himself He cannot save. If He is the King of Israel, let Him now come down from the cross, and we will believe Him.
⁴³ He trusted in God; let Him deliver Him now if He will have Him; for He said, 'I am the Son of God.' "

Jesus was mocked and criticized by people who were religious. He was crucified by religious people.  "He saved others. Himself He cannot save." Jesus endured all this mockery until He finally breathed His last. And it was all for us. Is it really true that Jesus couldn't save Himself? No! I don't think so. 

In the previous chapter, we learned about the will of God. If you want to know how God's will looks like, well, you're looking at it right now.  Jesus wasn't exactly in a very comfortable situation. Everyone teased Him. They bullied Him. Some slapped Him. People didn't stop accusing Him. And you know, He still endured. 

He did all of this for us. Jesus suffered so that we could enjoy the righteousness of God in Him. God's will won't always be the glamorous one, but its the one that pleases God. It's the one that keeps us in the right path. 

If Jesus had given up here, none of us would be saved. The religious leaders got something right.
 Jesus did save everyone. But look at His response. He said nothing. Did nothing. He just believed and trusted in God.  Sometimes, we will be mocked for serving God. Sometimes, we'll get mistreated. But like Jesus, let's leave everything in the hands of our Father. 

When we learn to believe God even through the toughest times, we would have learned how to commune with Him.  When God does nothing, like in this case. Let's not assume He's forgotten us. There's always a valid reason. The Bible teaches us to live by faith. 

""Behold the proud, His soul is not upright in him; But the just shall live by his faith."
— Hab 2:4 (NKJV)

The just live by His faith. Yes, we might not be where we want to be, but we are still somewhere. Your faith keeps you focused on Jesus. The minute you lose faith, you lose Jesus. Your faith in God is the weapon that causes you to surge forward. 

In the name of Jesus, Glorious Father, we blessyour name. We magnify you. We worship you. Everything belongs to you. And youknow just the perfect time to act. Help us to believe in you when troublescome. In the name of Jesus Christ, we pray. Amen