True repentance

Friday, 04 December, 2020 

You must prove your repentance by a changed life. - Matthew 3:8 (TPT)

The bible says, "You must prove you repentance by a changed life."  What is repentance and what does it mean? Repentance is a complete turnaround. It means to reconsider or to do things differently. As believers, we can only truly repent with help from the Holy Spirit. If there's something in our lives that we need to repent from, its only by the help of the Holy Spirit that we can do so.

I will put my Spirit inside you and help you live by my rules and carefully obey my laws. - Ezekiel 36:27( NCV)

Let's study what the Scripture above says. Its quite interesting.  God puts His Spirit within us for the reason that we live differently. The Holy Spirit helps. One of the functions of the Holy Spirit is that of a helper. He gives us supernatural power to change our lives.  When the Holy Spirit resides in us, He helps us to live by the rules of God. 

I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper to be with you forever—
John 14:16 (NCV)

Jesus also reveals to us that the Holy Spirit is called the helper. Having the Holy Spirit live in us is important. When we become more aware of His presence in our lives, He starts to change us.
The Holy Spirit helps us to live differently. The Holy Spirit causes us to change completely. 

At that time the Spirit of the Lord will come powerfully upon you, and you will prophesy with them. You will be changed into a different person. - 1 Samuel 10:6 (NLT)

This Scripture was speaking of Saul, the first King of Israel. Saul needed the Holy Spirit of God to function as a king.  We also need the Holy Spirit to function as believers. Just look at what the Holy Spirit does. The bible says, "You will be changed into a different person." 

When the Holy Spirit abides in us, we change. Notice that we don't change on our own, the Holy Spirit does the changing. We just have to learn to co-operate with Him. Remember He is called the Helper. That means there's a part we also have to play. We cannot change if we don't want to.  The reason the Holy Spirit is called the helper is because He is gentle and doesn't force His will on us. While He is willing to help, we also have to be willing to be helped by the Holy Spirit. 

Prayer : In the name of Jesus, Glorious Father we thankyou. We bless your name. Lord we ask for a manifestation of your Holy Spirit.May we enjoy the fellowship of the Holy Spirit as He lives in us. May we have the presence of the Holy Spirit  in the fullness ofHis glory and power. Forgive us our sins, both sins of Commission and sinsof Omission. Extend your grace and mercy as we live for you. We thank you foranswered prayers. In the name of Jesus Christ we pray. Amen.