Seek the Kingdom of God

Sunday, 06 December, 2020

“Don’t hoard treasure down here where it gets eaten by moths and corroded by rust or—worse!—stolen by burglars. Stockpile treasure in heaven, where it’s safe from moth and rust and burglars. It’s obvious, isn’t it? The place where your treasure is, is the place you will most want to be, and end up being. - Matthew 6:19‭-‬21 MSG

Jesus says a lot of things in this Particular chapter of the book of Mathew. He teaches His disciples how to pray. And finally, He tells his disciples to seek God and forget about the issues of life. Most times, its really difficult not to worry. Your depth in God makes you have a kind of faith that others might not have.
The deeper you are in God, the stronger your relationship with Him.

So Jesus says something that had me thinking over and over. Let's take a look at it together, shall we?

Mathew 6:21 says, "The place where your treasure is, is the place you will most want to be, and end up being."

Let's look at it from a different translation.

For your heart will always pursue what you value as your treasure. - Matthew 6:21 TPT

The bible says, "Your heart will always pursue what you value as your treasure."
Church should be the most important thing for us, as Believers. There are some people who say they worship God privately. Which is understandable. But the same people who always give an excuse for not going to church will run to any church when they have problems.

What do you value most? Just answer that honestly in your heart.

Many things can change our priorities. School can change our priorities. Jobs. Money. Relationships and many other things.
When your relationship with God is Strong, you'll know how to overcome such temptations. We should learn to value God and to seek after His kingdom in humility and with gladness.

I was overjoyed when they said, “Let’s go up to the house of the Lord.”
Psalms 122:1 TPT

Look at a man who found joy in seeking God. David was set apart because He valued His relationship with God. He found serving God more important than any other thing.

“So above all, constantly chase after the realm of God’s kingdom and the righteousness that proceeds from him. Then all these less important things will be given to you abundantly.
Matthew 6:33 TPT

We should have a proper estimation of how important God is in our lives. Jesus calls the other things less important. They are important, but not as important as seeking the kingdom of God.

In the name of Jesus, heavenly Father we thank you. We bless your name. We magnify you. Thank you for choosing to love us. Thank you for choosing to be with us. Thank you for choosing to send your Son to die for us. Today, we choose to serve you and seek after you with our hearts. Help us to stay focused on you. Help us to yearn for your presence in ways we have never done before. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen