Do not love the world

As for what was sown among thorns, this is he who hears the Word, but the cares of the world and the pleasure and delight and glamour and deceitfulness of riches choke and suffocate the Word, and it yields no fruit.
Matthew 13:22 AMPC

Jesus explains the parable of the sower in detail in Mathew chapter 13. He explains the things that cause the word of God in us to become ineffective. The bible says, "But the cares of the world and the pleasure and delight and glamour and deceitfulness of riches choke and suffocate the word, and it yields no fruit." What could be hindering the word of God from producing fruit in our lives? The minute that we become fruitless, let's consider what Jesus says. Having a liking for the world and the things of this world can easily turn us away from what God wants us to do. God wants us to produce fruit. 

"Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you."
— John 15:16 (KJV)

Jesus chooses us in order to produce fruit that lasts. But we cannot produce it if we are still strongly connected to what the world offers. Our deepest desire should be the word of God. Sometimes we do not have a proper estimate of the word of God. Its easy to measure how beneficial other things are but with the word, usually there's little we do to show that we desire the word of God. 

"As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:"
— 1 Peter 2:2 (KJV)

Having a desire of the word of God according to the Bible is a desire that is achieved in our infancy stage as believers. Without this first stage, we cannot experience what Jesus wants us to experience. If you think about it in the natural, usually only mature people can produce fruit. When a lady is mature enough, she is able to give birth. But an immature lady would never give birth.  Maturity in God is being able to produce fruit and producing fruit that lasts. 

As for what was sown on good soil, this is he who hears the Word and grasps and comprehends it; he indeed bears fruit and yields in one case a hundred times as much as was sown, in another sixty times as much, and in another thirty.
Matthew 13:23 AMPC

To bear fruit, we need to hear the word, grasp it and comprehend it. How much do you hear the word of God?  The more of the word of God we have in our lives, the more fruit we bear. The less of the word we have in us, the less fruit we bear.  When we focus entirely on Jesus, He helps us to overcome the the temptations that come just by living in this world. 

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith."
— 1 John 5:4 (KJV)

The bible says, "For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world." As long as you are born again, you have everything in you to overcome the world! 

In the name of Jesus, Father we magnify you. We glorifyyou for who you are. We bless your name. We worship you. Thank you for beingour ever present help in times of need. Lord, may you help us to seek you withour hearts. Help us to focus on you so that the pleasures of this world don'tchoke the word in us. In the name of Jesus Christ we pray. Amen.