Take Courage

Monday, 14 December, 2020 

About three o'clock in the morning Jesus came toward them, walking on the water. When the disciples saw him walking on the water, they were terrified. In their fear, they cried out, "It's a ghost!" But Jesus spoke to them at once. "Don't be afraid," he said. "Take courage. I am here! "
Matthew 14:25-27 NLT

When we look to Jesus, He gives us the confidence to do the things that we wouldn't normally do.  Having Jesus in our lives is the actual difference. Jesus isn't some genie who always just does what we ask for, but His presence gives us the confidence to walk in faith. When our eyes are fixed on Jesus, we are able to handle everything life throws at us. But the moment we shift our gaze, things start to fall apart. The ability to always stay fixated on God is what actually brings peace. Having peace in our circumstances may not solve our problems, but it gives us a calmness that only God can give us. 

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee."
— Isaiah 26:3 (KJV)

The bible says, "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace." Let's quickly look at the condition that this kind of Believer is supposed to meet. The Bible goes on to say, "Whose mind Is stayed on thee" Peace can only come when our minds are focused on Jesus. Without focusing on Jesus, peace can never be ours.  Another thing we see in the Scripture above is that only those who trust in God can keep their gaze on Him. 

But Jesus spoke to them at once. "Don't be afraid," he said. "Take courage. I am here! "
Matthew 14:27 NLT

"Don't be afraid," Jesus says. Because He is here. And where Jesus is, there is peace and calmness. As long as Peter stayed focused on Jesus, he could walk on water. But the moment he lost his gaze, he started to sink.

But when he saw the strong wind and the waves, he was terrified and began to sink. "Save me, Lord!" he shouted.
Matthew 14:30 NLT

When Peter saw the strong wind and the waves, he was terrified. The next thing we read is that Peter began to sink.  But when His eyes were fixed on Jesus, he could walk on water. The minute that Peter shifted his focus, everything started to fail.  This passage of Scripture teaches us to always place our trust in God. Regardless of what the circumstances are, our only help comes from God. 

Our help is from the Lord , who made heaven and earth.
Psalms 124:8 NLT

As believers, this is our belief. We believe that any form of help comes from God. God takes care of us. When we have that fixed in our conscious, we will always seek God. Not as a last resort, but as a Father who always looks out for His children.

In the name of Jesus Christ, Father we thankyou. We bless your name. We acknowledge you. We magnify your name. We lift youup. We thank you for being our Father. Lord we ask that you help us to alwaysto look you you for guidance, assistance and for everything we need. Help us tofix our gaze on you at all times. Lord we pray against anything that might beoverwhelming in our lives right now. In the name of Jesus Christ we pray. Amen. 

Note: Hey readers, I am sorry for updating later than usual. Thank you for stopping by. God bless you for reading. Have a wonderful day.