Things We Do For Love. ~Chapter 19

This is it guys. Chapter 19.  way short than the other two. but if i, as the author, think it's a book, then it's a damn book.
The pic is of Robert and Scott.  :)
The video link is 'Speak Now' by Taylor Swift. (excuse why i ask myself what is with the sudden obsession with Taylor Swift's songs)

ENJOOOOOOOOOOOY
comment, like, vote, promote, etc :D

~Robert~

I ran as far as the entrance of the building yelling Scott’s name like a mad man. I even went out into the street and got a few weird stares from a few passersby.

I ran up to the homeless man hugging a cardboard box. “Hey, have you seen a young man, about twenty, run pass here?”

“I wouldn’t still be sitting here if I saw a young man.” He said looking at me suggestively. I took a step back in disgust. Clearly Scott had not come this way.

The cold started to get to me and I wrapped my arms around myself and rushed back into the building. I exited the elevator and opened the door to my apartment.

I glared at Nicki as I entered. She was sitting at the kitchen counter drinking of the wine that Scott took out for us.

“What are you doing here Nicki?” I ground out.

“What does it look like?” she said with indifference. “I’ve come to take you back home.”

“Haven’t you heard?” I asked raising my eyebrows.

“Oh, I’ve heard enough.” She replied quickly. “All about how you’ve been shacking up with another man. I’m guessing that was him? All for the better, I suppose. Can’t leave any lose ends over here.”

“That is my boyfriend. God forbid him thinking that we’re not together anymore.” I said glancing quickly at the ceiling. “You drove him out.”

“And I was right to do that.” she turned in the seat and uncrossed her legs before standing up. She moved closer to me and trailed one of her long fingers down my chest. I cringed at the thought of her touching me. “You’ve changed Robert. I don’t know you to keep your toys lying around for so long. In fact, how long has it been for this particular toy?”

“Don’t call him that.” I all but growled. “Scott has done nothing wrong. He doesn’t deserve this.”

“Oh, he has a name. How cute.” She flashed a toothy grin that I knew held something else.

“Why are you here?” I asked again.

“I’ve already told you Robbie.” She said sweetly.

“This is my home now. I don’t even know why I’m still standing over here talking to you when I should be out there looking for Scott. Once again cleaning up the mess that you made.”

“He really has you wrapped around his little finger, doesn’t he? Look at you, going out of your way to chase after him.” She scoffed. “I could see the tears forming in his eyes. I’m guessing that he didn’t even know I existed. Secrets are nasty little things. It’s best not to have any. Although, I am filled with pride to know that I was your dirty little secret.”

“Has anyone ever told you that you are a cold bitch?”

“I’ve been called worse.”

“I don’t want you here. You had no right barging into my home and kicking my boyfriend out.”

“We are supposed to be getting married!” she yelled.

“You left me!” I yelled even louder. “I was ready. I showed up. You were the one who left me standing all alone at that alter looking like a Goddamn idiot. You do not have the right to show up on my doorstep and act as though everything is okay.”