Things We Do For Love. ~Chapter 11

Here's chapter eleven guys :)

this was an extremely short chapter, but it was difficult writing with people staring at me all the time. it was like they could read my mind.... *paranoid*

the picture is of Robert because we haven't seen him in a while...well for a few chapters. okay maybe you saw him two chapters ago, but he's hot so my reason is valid :D

the video link is Count On Me by Bruno Mars

Comment, like, vote, promote, etc

ENJOOOOOOOOY!! :D

~Scott's POV~

I was walking through the park at ass ‘o clock in the morning walking two very stubborn dogs. Seriously, who wanted their dogs walked during the winter? The only reason I was doing this anyway was because I was out of cash and the diner just wasn’t enough.

“Slow doing boy.” I said pulling on one of the leashes. “Where are you taking me to?”

He tugged hard on the leash and got out of my grip. “Get back here!”

I was running for about five minutes before returning to the spot where I ted up the other dog. At least this one listened to me. She waggled her tail and tilted her head to the side. In the distance I heard the faint sound of a dog barking. I looked around and saw the dog waling back with a man in tow.

As the man got closer I started to realize who he was. Why now of all times? I found it quite difficult to get a break lately. One would say that he had nothing to do with his time.

“I think this belongs to you.” Robert said stopping in front of me and handing me the leash.

I accepted it and mumble a soft ‘thank you’ before turning my attention to the other dog.

“Don’t mention it.” He replied. “So tell me Scott, how many jobs to you actually have? I’ve seen you with three so far.”

“Well not everyone can be born with a silver soon in their mouth.” I stated.

“Hey, I made a name for myself. I never asked my dad for help. I was always independent. I even got my first job when I was twelve and saved up for my bike.” He protested.

“I’m not saying that you never did anything. Could we please just forget this conversation ever happened?”

He nodded and smiled at me. he reached out his hand and I stared at it in confusion. “At least let me help you walk these dogs. I at least owe you that much.”

I thought about it for a while then handed the leash back to him. Many hands made light work and I wasn’t about to look a gift horse in the mouth.

We walked for a while in silence with barely there comment about the weather or people passing by, it was quite rare for there to be a slight chill during this time of year. Usually it’d be too cold for anyone to even step outside.

It was about an hour later when we were leaning against a tree out of breath and too tired to walk any further. I glared at the dogs and groaned when they tilted their heads and gave me those damn puppy dog eyes.

“So, we really should not do this again.” Robert gasped.

“I agree.” We looked at each other for a few seconds before laughing out loud. I admit, we receive a few weird looks but we didn’t care.

“I’ve been meaning to as you,” my head snapped up at that. “Would you like to join me and my family for lunch this Sunday?”

I was a bit surprised at the question. It really was quite unexpected. “I don’t mean to sound suspicious, but why?”