Things We Do For Love. ~Chapter 21

as promised, two chapters in minutes...
Chapter 21 folks. i hope you like this one. (but even if you don't, that won't stop me from uploading...)
The pic's of Robert ;)
The video link is 'Catch My Breath' by Kelly Clarkson

ENJOOOOOOOOY!!
comment, like, vote, promote, etc.

~Robert~

As I walked down the street, I did my best to compose myself. As I approached the restaurant I took a deep breath and walked up to the hostess and informed her about my reservation. With a smile, she led me to the back of the restaurant where I saw Mr. Barkley, with his salt and pepper hair and wearing a neat black suit, already seated. He noticed me coming and stood up from his seat.

"Mr. Wilson." He held out his hand and I shook it with a firm grip. "I took the liberty of ordering you a cup of coffee."

"Mr. Barkley, always a pleasure." I took my seat opposite him and rested my briefcase on the chair beside me. "Thanks for the gesture. We should get started."

He nodded and flipped open his own briefcase. He took out a few papers and set it down on the table.

"I'm still not too sure about what you mentioned in our phone call." I started. "How does this have anything to do with Scott?"

"That's of course why we're here. I didn't bring it up at first but due to the sudden change of events, I had to check over your father's will again." He took put piece of paper and slid it over to me.

I read through it and furrowed my brows. "I don't understand. I read this already."

"I know. A paragraph was ignored as in accordance to your father's wishes."

"And what paragraph was that?" 

"Your father left something aside for your family." At this point I was even more confused than before. "He mentioned that if you should settle down, all the finance needed would be provided for them. Medical, education and along with that, a trust fund large enough to be split between three children."

I could feel my jaw drop. I this were some alternate universe -a world fill with cartoons- my jaw would probably have been hanging on the floor right now. I cleared my throat and tried to process everything Mr. Barkley just said. 

"That's a lot of money." I breathed out.

"It is. He said that he wanted you to live as comfortable as possible." He gave me a small smile.

"What about Steph and John? Not to mention, my mother."

"They've been sorted out. There's no need to worry."

"Why didn't he tell me about this before?" I glanced down at the papers and saw my father’s signature at the bottom of the page.

"He wanted you to join the company because you wanted to, not because you heard that he had money put aside for you." I didn't say anything in response to that. “I know that you thought he cancelled you out. He may have at first, but he was trying to test your limits. Your father cared about you. There's no doubt about that."

I nodded. "So what do I do now?"

"You sign the papers and I'll get everything finalized within the next few weeks." He took out his pen and handed it over to me.

I wondered if I should have told him about the little disagreement Scott and I had yesterday. It didn't mean that we weren't together anymore but I think that it was best if I spoke to him first before I did anything else.

"Do I need to sign them right now?"

"If you need some time, you can have it. Just don't take too long. The bank is waiting." He said with a nod.