Things We Do For Love. ~Chapter 13

Here's chapter 13! :D YAY!!

 i've been taking lots of breaks lately. and i've recently joined in on the NaNoWriMo so yea...

 the pic's of Scott :)

the video link is Let Me Love You by Ne-Yo

comment, like, vote, promote, etc :D

ENJOOOOOY!! 

~Scott~

I looked down at the forms laid down on the table in front of me. I was still contemplating whether I should actually fill them out or not. A part of me was still trying to figure out why I agreed to this. It wasn’t lie this was easy. What if the exact same thing happened? If it did, I would never get out of it alive. As I shuffled the papers around, I though back to last Sunday, or as I like to call it; the day all hell broke loose.

“So Scott, I’m curious.” Robert said behind his burger. My head perked up. “What do you want to be one day?”

“You’re joking right? It’s too late.” I scoffed.

“It’s never too late. Come on; tell me you haven’t thought about it, going back.”

I thought about lying or maybe stretching the truth a little. He would see right through it. Sometimes I wondered how he managed to read me like an open book, as if I was on display no matter how hard I tried to seem closed off. I took a sip of my soda and eyed him suspiciously.

“So what if I have? What’s it to you?”

“Why don’t you go back? You could get out of here and have more opportunities.”

I shook my head. “Just because you left doesn’t mean that I should too. I happen to like it here.”

“Calm down. I didn’t meant anything offensive by it.” He said holding up his hands in front of him defensively. “Just trying to make you see that you need not work in a diner for the rest of your life.”

“I like this job.” I pouted.

“I’m sure you do. But it’s not a good financial base. One day you’ll find out that it won’t be enough.” He pushed a fry into his mouth and chewed on it.

What he didn’t know was that I had already found that out. That was the main reason why I got that job at the library and started walking the neighborhood dogs.

“I know.”

“Think about it. This could mean a huge step for your future.” He started devouring his burger again and I just sighed and hoped that he was right.

I blinked a few times and was admittedly a bit shocked when I hear the doorbell ringing. I stood up and walked over to the door. I saw a tall figure from the window and narrowed my eyes. I reached the door and put my hand on the knob. I pulled the door open and was met with someone crushing me in the tightest bear hug ever.

“Lay off dude!” I said pushing Robert off me. “What your deal?”

“Relax Scott.” He said still smiling.

“Why are you here anyway?” I questioned.

“I have some good news.”

“I have a feeling that I’m not going to like this.” I said wincing. “Come on. Tell me something that I’m going to hate.”