Things We Do For Love. ~Chapter 2

Okay, so here's the second chapter.
The pic is of Ian Somerhalder who plays Robert Wilson :)
The video link is 'Rude Boy' by Rihanna :D
Comment, Like, Vote ect...
ENJOOOOYY!

~Robert~

Checking into the hotel was an easy process. Thankfully. I didn't need to wait for the other people to be served. instead i was greeted the second i got out of my car and led straight to my room. I loosened my tie and gulped most of the water that was left on the cart. after removing my shoes and all those unecessary items, I picked up the phone and dailed my mom's number.

What i thought would be a more pleasant conversation, turned out to be my mom trying to persaude me into staying at home. In my opinion, a hotel was much better than being at home. Where anyone could walk in at anytime. I felt that this was more private. Let's leave it at that.

“Mom, I don’t want to stay at home. I’m perfectly fine staying at the hotel for the week.” I repeated for the fifth time.

“But a hotel is so unfamiliar. It’s not your home. I want to see you Robert. We haven’t seen each other for half a year.”

“I was there for the fourth of July.”

“Exactly. It’s been too long. I miss you. I’d feel safer with you here.”

“Mom you’ve been living alone for months now.”

“Yes I know. But I’d be able to sleep better at night knowing that you’re safe and no harm is going to get to you.” I could hear the manipulation in her tone.

II could just see her now. In one of the blouses that my dad bought her to make it up to her when he came home late from work. She'd probably be sitting in her lounge chair, sipping on a martini. that woman was going to die if she didn't stop drinking the way she did. I could imagine that sly smirk playing at her lips. She knew how to get me to change my mind. And i had to admit, reluctantly, that she had me wrapepd around her finger.

“You’re making as if room service is going to strangle me when I open the door.” I rolled my eyes.

“Robert.” Her voice was stern.

“Fine! But let me sleep. I'm extremely exhausted. I’ll drive down tomorrow morning.”

“It’s for the best. I love you honey.” I sensed her smiling.

“Clearly I love you too. Otherwise I would have stayed here like I had planned.” I hung up after that and fell back on the bed.

My mother was the most annoying, complacent and manipulative woman I knew. But she still cared about me so I didn’t mind. Most times I remember when I was a kid, I nagged at her so that I could go to the amusement park. We argued but she still let me go. Funnily enough, when I got home later that day, I had a broken leg and a busted lip. She took me to the hospital and let me stay out of school for a week.

I sighed and got up. I pulled my tie off and took off my belt. Once I was in my boxers I grabbed a towel and walked to the bathroom.

When I got out I had a towel in my hand and I was in the process of drying my hair when the phone rang.

“Hello?”

“Mr. Wilson, it’s Deb. I have bad news sir.” Her voice was shaking.

“What? I don’t have time for bad news. Fix it.” I dropped the towel and gripped the phone tighter.

“I tried sir. Your flight for next week has been cancelled. There was a mistake at the airport with the booking and they say that your name was not on the list.”