Things We Do For Love. ~Chapter 7

Helloooo...after an extremely long time, it's time for a new chapter. sorry for the long wait. i had a lot on my mind...

anyhoo, the picture is of Robert...still thinking of people to play Carl, Stephanie and John.

The music video is 'Jump' by Flo Rida and Nelly Furtado

ENJOOOOOY!! :D

comment, vote, like etc. promote if you feel like it :)

~Stephanie~

“What do you mean, ‘immediate suspension’? You told me just last week that he wasn’t in trouble anymore.” I almost yelled at Carl’s principle.

I felt John grip my arm tighter probably hoping that I’d calm down. It had been a week since Carl’s threatened suspension and I thought that I had sorted everything out. I shot a glare at John before turning back to the principle.

“Mr. Filkins, I cannot stand when people attempt to go back on their word.” I said in a calmer tone.

He leaned forward and rested his elbows on the desk in front of him. “Mrs. Weller, I am well aware of what I said. I do remember saying, that I would not have him suspended if he honored the laws of the school. Which he didn’t.”

Both John and I remained silent. I took a deep breath and shook my head. I felt John’s hand move down my arm and grip my hand in a more supportive way instead.

“Many of the teachers have been complaining about Carl either being inattentive or not coming to class at all. He yelled and cussed at two teachers, one of them in my presence and started picking fights quite a few times. All of these things took place in the past week.”

I gasped and brought my hand up to my mouth. How could Carl do all of these things? We had a tough enough life at home. We didn’t need him adding more stress to the pile.

I vaguely heard the principle buzz Carl into his office. I was too shocked to do anything. He entered the room and sat in the vacant chair next to me. But not before pulling the chair further away. He was smirking and completely slouched into his seat.

“Wipe that smirk off your face. And sit up straight. You’re in the presence of adults.” I reprimanded him.

After another stern look, he finally did as I asked. “What’s he doing here? I though he’d be off ‘working’ or whatever.”

He was looking at john. “You’re my son. I was called because of your sudden need for attention and suspension.”

“So now I’m your son?” Carl scoffed.

“Stop talking nonsense.”

“John, Carl, please not here let’s get back to the issue at hand.” I turned my gaze to the principle.

“Carl will be suspended for on week starting o Monday. He is to return the Monday following next.” He filled in a form and signed it before handing it over to me. “This will be his final suspension. If he acts up again, he’ll be expelled.”

I looked at Carl and sighed. I was extremely disappointed. “See what you did? If you jeep acting like a hooligan, know one will accept you anywhere.”

“It’s not you care. Jimmy and Stacy are treated better anyways.” He raised his voice.

“They’re kids. They need the attention.” I said.

“Don’t talk to your mother that way.” John’s voice echoed through the room.

“Don’t tell me what to do. You’re barely at home anyways. It’s not like you’re much of a father. Go back to work, you’re more wanted there.” Carl got up.