Things We Do For Love. ~Chapter 9

After two months of...NOTHING, here's chapter 9

apologies and stuff are in the author's note.

picture is of Robert. our gorgeous Robert ♥♥

the video link is Hero by Sterling Knight :)

ENJOOOOOOY!! 

comment, like, promote etc...

~Scott's POV~

After Robert left, I leaned my head back against the door and slid down to the ground. I closed my eyes and felt the slow ad faint trickle of tears run down my cheeks to my chin. I took a deep breath and rested my head in my hands. I wasn’t quite sure for how long I sat in that position but I felt the door being pushed open behind me.

“What are you doing sitting on the floor boy?” my gran said with her head peeking around the door. “Get up before you catch a cold.”

“Maybe that’s what I want. At least that would give me a reason to stay home and not go outside.” I mumbled, but got up anyway.

“Stop acting like a miserable teenage girl and come help e pack these things away.” She said getting out a few of the stuff.

“II wasn’t expecting you back till next week. Did your trip get cancelled?”

“No. I decided to come home early. I might have gotten a bit homesick.”

I stared at her in shock. I raised my eyebrow and placed a box of crackers on the counter.

“You took an entire year off to go run around Spain and you can’t even spend two weeks away? And that’s not even that far out of town.”

She smiled at me. “It comes with age my boy.as you get older you prefer to stay in the comfort of your own home instead of wanting to go around touring the country.” She sighed. “I came back after that year was finished though. I had someone who was waiting patiently for my arrival.”

“Granddad?”

She just nodded and gave me a fond smile. She lightly brushed her fingers over the photo of him hanging on the wall. “As fate would have it, I met him just before I had to leave. It felt as though we’ve met before. I wasn’t expecting him to wait for me. When I got back, he was at the station with a bunch of flowers and greeted me with a kiss.”

Having sat down halfway through her story, I rested my chin in the palm of my hand. I’ve never heard that story before today. Sometimes I wished that I could find a love like that. I didn’t think that it was impossible, just out of reach at the moment.

My gran brought me out of my thought by clearing her throat. “Let’s make us some tea and then we’ll talk about the boy that’s got you thinking too much lately, hmm?”

I tried to protest but thought it would be pointless as she was kind of, in a way right. I denied the fact that I was thinking about Robert all the time though. There were many other things I could think of instead of him. I just couldn’t find a good topic right now.

When I told my gran the story, I decided to leave the make sessions and the evening’s event out of it. It was better that way. For everyone. There was absolutely no need to bring out the brain bleach.

She nodded in understanding as the story progressed and chimed in here and there with comment that could really do without. I rolled my eyes every time she did it but continued anyway.

When I was done, there was an awkward moment of silence. I shook my foot nervously and looked up to the ceiling. My grandmother cleared her throat which caused me to look at her.