Things We Do For Love. ~Chapter 17

Chapter 17 is a go people!
I'm not sure whether it's a long, decent or short chapter. i wrote whatever popped into my brain at the time.
I hope you guys enjoy this...also, read the "A/N" for a news/a tiny bit of information.... ;)
the picture is of Tamryn :)
The video link is 'I don't wanna miss a thing' by Aerosmith. :D

ENJOOOOOOOY
comment, like, vote, promote, etc...

~Robert's POV~

“Scott, could you bring in that box over there?”  I said standing at the door trying to balance two boxes on top of each other.

“There’s nothing but boxes over here.” He yelled back. “How am I supposed to know what box you’re talking about?”

“The one marked ‘books’.” I carried the box into the house and put them down in the lounge.

I was quite surprised and glad at the fact that all my furniture arrived a few days early. Everything was already in its place and all I had to do was bring in the last of my things that I had stashed over at my mom’s house.

Scott came in a few seconds later and put the box a couple of feet away from me. I opened my box and started packing the things on the unit in front of me. It was your typical coffee table books –which I didn’t want on my coffee table and football trophies along with a few photos.

Once everything was packed out, I looked down into the box and saw one more thing in there. I reached down and picked up the photo frame. When I turned it around my eyes narrowed. It was a picture of someone that I used to know. All the memories came rushing back to me. I shook my head and closed my eyes for a second before I threw it back into the box before Scott could see it.

“I’m going to put this out in other room.” I said picking up the box.

“Why don’t you just throw it out?” he walked over to me and tried to take the box. “I could take it out for you.”

“No it’s okay. I’ll do it later.” I pulled the box back.

“It’s not a problem. You’re just going to make more work for yourself.”

“I said its fine Scott!” I said pulling back so hard causing me to fall back against the wall and hitting my back on a nail that was knocked into the wall.

I yelped in pain but flinched away when Scott tried to help me. He pulled his hand back with a look filled with hurt on his face. He clenched his hand into a fist and dropped it to his side.

“I’ll just, I’ll go and, I’m sorry Robert. I was just trying to help.” He blinked away his tears and ran for the door.

“Scott, wait. Ow, shit that hurts.” I said as I tried to get up.

I finally got to the door and saw that Scott was already making a turn at the corner. I thought of running after him but went against it. I knew I was being a dick but I couldn’t just leave everything like this.

I walked into the bathroom and switched on the light. I turned a bit so that I could see the mark on my back. It was bleeding a bit but not too much. All I needed to do was clean the wound and slap a bandage over it.

I got back to packing out the last few of the boxes. I wanted to get everything in the apartment before it got dark. Once the lounge looked presentable, I moved on to the kitchen. I packed away what little crockery and kitchen utensils I had with the promise of buying some more.

That didn’t take too long. Soon I was done with everything apart from the bedrooms. I shrugged as I looked down the hall and passed out on my sofa.

I woke up to the sound of knocking on my door. I rubbed my eyes and sat up. I could have sworn that the doorbell worked yesterday. And true to its word, the doorbell started ringing. I groaned and dragged my feet to the door.