Things We Do For Love. ~Chapter 3

Here's Chapter three. i hope you guys enjoy it. the book started off a little boring, but come on, no one's perfect right?

The pic is of Scott. ;)

The video link is 'Why don't you love me' by Hot Chelle Rae :D

comment, vote, like etc... 

ENJOOOOOY!

~Robert~

My eyes flew open at the sound of kids screaming and running around outside my bedroom door. I jolted up and knocked my head against the headboard. I threw the covers off me and got out of the bed. I peeked into the hallway, but there was no one there. I went back into the room and grabbed a t-shirt before brushing my teeth.

I walked to the kitchen and saw my sister, Stephanie playing with her kid. I honestly forgot the girl’s name. I leaned against the doorframe and rolled my eyes. Stephanie was telling her kid to be quiet because she’ll end up waking me up. She knew that I wouldn’t be happy about that.

“I think it’s a bit too late for that.” I stepped away from the door and poured myself a glass of juice.

“Uncle Robbie!” the kid screeched horribly and ran towards me. I stepped back and gave her a disgusted look.

“Robert, not Robbie.” I gulped back the juice and sat down. “What are you doing here anyway?”

“Mom told me you were back. I wanted to bring the kids over to spend the day with you.”

“I don’t want to spend the day with them. Find them another babysitter.”

“Uncle Robbie, look what I drew.” The brat still wouldn’t say my name properly. She showed me a picture of heaven knows what. All I saw were colors and sticks.

I patted her head and turned back to my sister. “You’re their uncle Robert. You could at least act as though you’re part of this family.”

“Me being their uncle has nothing to do with actually spending time with them.” I got up from my seat. “I’m busy today. I need to go fetch my car and call the lawyers.”

“All you care about is work.” She up her hair into a bun and have her son some more cereal. “Don’t you have any other interest? A girlfriend?”

“I don’t believe in anything other than work. Girlfriends are for people who have time to waste. None of which I have.”

“You’re such a bore. Go play with your little pens. I’ll probably still be when I get back. John’s work late again tonight.”

“I don’t care about that. I’ll be leaving in thirty minutes. Also tell your kids to keep it down. I hate being woken up the way they just did.” I rubbed the back of my neck and went to go get freshened up.

After an hour I was closing the hood of my car and check to see if the engine went on. I locked the car up again and walked the short distance to the diner.

As I walked in by the door a few people looked up from their plates. What were with these people and staring at me? I sat down at the furthest table and picked up a menu.

“What can I get you?” I heard someone say. I looked up and saw the waiter from last night.

“Uhh, a toasted tuna sandwich and a coffee. Thanks.”

“I didn’t think you’d come back.” He wrote down my order. “Is that all?”

“Today’s newspaper too.”