Chapter 40

Marriage is something I have always imagined about. I had different plans and ideas about how I should get married. Its something that you will remember till the end of your life and I wanted it to be perfect. I never thought that I would have a love marriage because my family never believed in them, but as the time passed, they warmed up with the idea and I am happy that my parents supported me in it.

So here I am sitting in the chair by the dressing table all ready and nervous to get married to the love of my life. My wedding gown is full sleeved and backless with flower design.

My dad and Mark are going to walk me down the aisle because I love them both equally and I wanted them to walk me down the aisle. Blake is the best man of course.

"How's my daughter doing." Mark enters the bedroom with Lisa behind. He is dressed in a blue suit and Lisa in a matching blue dress. She looks stunning.

"Hey." I give them a small smile and get up to walk towards them. I hug them both. Lisa is already in tears making me tear up again for hundredth time since yesterday.

"My Sweetie. You look so beautiful." she says dabbing under her eyes.

"So do you both." I say smiling.

"Here." she says as she takes out something from the box that I didn't notice before. Its a flower back piece and matches with my dress.

"Oh my. Its beautiful." I say as soon as she shows me. "But you didnt have to bring that Lisa" I say as she helps me to put it in my hair.

"Oh shut up Ivy. Its a tradition in us to bring it to the daughter on her wedding day." she says. It warms my heart every time they address me as a daughter. We may not be related by blood but they never made me felt that. They love me and Alia like there own daughters even when we were just employees at there café.

"Its beautiful. Thank you soo much. For everything." I say and I swear I see tears shining in Marks eyes but he turns his head other way.

"Are you ready Ivy?" My mom asks as she, Tyler's mom, Alia and Sophie walks inside. My bridesmaid are looking beautiful in their dresses. Dad is the next to step in the room.

"We will be outside." Tyler's mom says and they all leave me and dad alone. We stand there in silence for a while and then he finally speaks.

"I can't believe you are getting married" he says as he tucks his hands in his pockets.

"Me too." I smile nodding.

"We didn't have a good relationship with you but we love you. You know that right?" he asks as his eyes fill with tears making me teary again. Its my wedding and here I am crying with every person I meet.

"I know." I nod giving him my best smile. He is not good with expressing his feelings but I am glad he is here today for me.

"I love you my little girl." he says as he hugs me. This is the first time he uttered those words for me. I don't remember him telling me that he loves me.

"I love you too dad." I say as a sob escapes. Tyler would be so happy if he was here to see this moment between us. He always pushed me to mend my relationship with my parents and that's what got me to have them back I my life.

"Come on let's go or Tyler would barge in here and take out to the aisle himself. He is pretty restless already." he chuckles. I nod and pull away.

I take the bouquet of the flowers from the table and walk outside the bedroom. Mark is standing in the living room alone. And Sophie and Alia are out on the back porch waiting for us.

Mark and Dad walk me down to the porch and the song starts. The first person I see is him. He is dressed in tux and looking handsome as hell. I don't remember how I walk down by the aisle with Mark and Dad but as soon as they hand me to him, his eyes are filled with tears.

"You look beautiful my princess." he whispers as soon as we are left alone with the priest.

"Thank you. You look handsome yourself."

The ceremony goes on and its time to take the vows, the priest announces.

According to the priest Tyler is the first one to take the vows. He looks into my eyes as he says,

"I was always detested the word called love. I always thought that it was fake. No one would love you like your mother. But you my Princess, proved me wrong. You were the most mysterious person i had ever met. You were shy and innocent. You made me think differently,you taught me many things. I never felt so happy with anyone before. You are my sunshine and I will love you always and forever till infinity. Thankyou for choosing me, for loving me and for forgiving my mistakes. I promise you to keep you happy and love you through thick and thin till the death does us apart." and by the end of his speech everyone including me is in tears. God I love this man so much.

"Your turn." the priest reminds.

I clear my throat lightly as I start.

"I remember my hands were shaking when I stepped down from my dads bike on the first day of the college. I was regretting my decision to come to that college already. Then I met Alexa and Ella, we became friends and I started to back down from regretting my decision. I remember the moment clear as a day when you came in the class looking handsome as hell. I knew I was in love with you that exact moment and I know people don't believe in love at first sight but I do from that day. You had the most captivating eyes and I still remember you staring at me with curiosity. Then we became friends and best friends and started dating. We had many highs and lows in the initial days and most of the time it was because of me, but you never gave up on me. You always stood by my side no matter what. You gave me everything that I had always craved for. So today on this beautiful day, I Ivy Dain promise you that i will always be by your side in thick and thin and I will love you always and forever till infinity."

There are cheers and whistles at the end of my speech and Tyler's Eyes are holding all the emotions he is going through right now. We go for the standard vows to that the priest makes us repeat. After exchanging the rings and the toe curling kiss, we are announced as husband and wife.

The after party is really good. The back yard is decorated beautifully with flowers and there is a dance floor on one side. After dancing with almost everyone from the family and friends, I am beyond exhausted. It was along day and I am happy everything went well.

"Ready to start a new life with me my princess?" Tyler asks me hugging from behind as I stare at the lake.

"Yes" I smile.

"Lets go its time to go to the airport." he says taking my hand and walking back to the table where every close person in my life is sitting.

"Happy honeymoon." they all shout as we walk to the car after saying good byes. I throw my bouquet back and it lands in Alia's hands. So here is to the new life and new adventures in my life.

______________________________________________________

A/N

If you are here, its last chapter of the book. Thank you for reading the book. I may have made some mistakes while writing and of course you all can tell me in the comments.

Please like and Vote. 🤗