Chapter 25

Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.

― Hunter S. Thompson.

*****************************************************

The sun seems more bright and the birds are singing more loudly today. Is this how we feel when we are in love? I never paid attention to the outside world until now. Every moment feels right and everything feels like a dream. I am happy and I have become better since I stopped thinking about life. I want to go with the flow, wherever my life takes me.

Currently I am having a huge conflict on what clothes I should wear to college. After the whole day I spent with Tyler yesterday, I feel like I need to change. I want to look beautiful for him. So here I am searching for a good outfit. I make a mental note to go shopping because I don't have any trendy outfits.

After thinking for a long time, I go with the denim overall and black crop top and pair it with the red heels.

I put some red lipstick to complete my look. I hear Tyler's blaring his horn outside my house. He is one hell of an impatient person. I grab my bag and glasses and rush out not before locking the door.

"Whats the rush Ty. Its still half hour till the college starts. My neighbors will sue you." I say as soon as I reach his car. He is scrolling on his phone the entire time and as soon as he looks at me he stops what he was going to say.

"Woah. Who are you are where is my Ivy?" he says teasing me and looking behind me.

"I left here by the lake yesterday and decided to bring home a new one." I say twirling. "So how do I look?"

"Sexy and beautiful like always." he says smirking at me. I blush getting inside the car.

"Thank you."

We are greeted with the annoying faces of Alexa and Ella along with their new minions and they all glare at us as soon as we leave the car and walk towards the entrance. Ha! As if we care. Tyler grabs me by my waist and pulls me closer as we walk past them.

"What was that?" I ask as soon as we enter the hallway.

"Nothing. Was just telling them what belongs to me." he says kissing on my temple. I grin at him. I love this side of him. He is more possessive when we are in college.

"They already know." I say pulling away from his hold as we reach the lockers. At the far end of the lockers there is a couple making out and from the color his hair I recognize its Blake. Ugh I shudder looking away. Tyler looks at my scrunched face and at then where I was looking.

"Get a room Blake." he yells laughing. I laugh along with him looking at them and the girl is red as beetroot. Blake says something in her ear and she scurries off the other way.

"I'll get back to you for that Campbell " he says punching Tyler playfully on his bicep. I get my things from the locker and shut it putting my bagstrap on the shoulder.

"You won't find me , bro" he says hugging me from behind.

"Aw look at you love birds" Blake says cupping his face with a dreamy look like an old lady.

"Shut up old lady" We both laugh at him. Tyler releases me from his hold and we three walk to our class.

Alexa and Ella are already seated at there place. We walk past them and sit at our new place. The classes go surprisingly well. We have two projects and the finals start next month so its going to be a really busy month. I make a mental note of telling mark in advance about my days off at the café.

After the last class I walk to my locker alone since Tyler had another class and it gets over in next fifteen minutes. I decide to grab my things and wait for him here until his class gets over. So I take out my phone and scroll through Instagram.

"Look who we have here." Its Ella and she has been making snarky comments on me since the day she new about us. I look up at her raising my eyebrow in a 'really' look.

"Where is your lover boy? Left already?" she asks snorting.

"Well that's non of your business." I say crossing my arms on my chest.

"Wow she has got claws huh?" Alexa chimes in. Wow just Wow.

"You looked so innocent when we saw on the first day and look at you now. Talking back to us. We befriended you and you took her boyfriend from her." Ella says pointing her neatly painted finger towards me. I have never experienced such situation before and its making me nervous . I can feel my heartbeats increasing and I don't want to give them the satisfaction of giving then their desired reaction. So I standup for myself for the first time and speak for myself with all the courage I have got.

"First of all let's make this clear. Tyler asked Alexa and she rejected him so that doesn't makes him her boyfriend so stop addressing him that. I know you were the first to befriend me but do you remember you dragged me in your group I didn't ask for that but anyways thanks for that. Its been 8 months since that and the way you befriended me you pushed me away so don't you dare to throw that on my face." surprisingly I feel more confident to talk and I continue with staring directly at them.

"And Tyler loves me I repeat love me and whatever he had for Alexa was a mere attraction so please do me a favor and stop your snarky comments on us. I may look like a innocent and naïve person but believe me I can't be a bitch when I want and you won't like that." I say with my body fuming with anger. I need to get out of here before I start tearing up. God help me. I have a pathetic way of taking out my anger by crying and I don't want them to see me so vulnerable.

"Its better you both leave before I say anything that you won't like." I hear Tyler saying from behind me. "And Alexa? I love her I know I asked you but your rejection made me realize that I deserve someone better that you. You always seek for attention and you don't like it from same person I knew it from before but I thought you would change. But no you won't ever. So you better leave us alone."

I feel sorry for her. But they both asked for it. He grabs my hand we walk away. I let the tears flow once we get into the car. He holds my one hand in his and drives with the another.

We head straight home and I am calmed down till we reach home. I get out of the car and he follows me inside.

"Thanks for having my back." I say hugging him.

"I'll always have your back baby. And I am proud of you for standing up for yourself." he says rubbing my back. I smile at him.

"Want to eat something?" I ask him as I enter the kitchen to grab a water bottle.

"Yes please I am famished." he says rubbing his tummy.

"Okay lets see what we have got in my refrigerator" I say going through the things I have in refrigerator.

"Or we can order something?" he asks.

"No I have ingredients for sandwich we can make that instead of ordering something" I suggest.

"As you wish ma lady. Lets make a sandwich. " he says pecking me on lips and taking out the ingredients from the refrigerator.

So we spend the rest of the afternoon making and eating sandwiches until I have to leave for work. I freshen up and change into something comfortable. He offers me to drop off at the café , more like tells me he will drop me at the café.

______________________________________

A/N

Please like and comment.