Chapter 30

Our lives are so important to us that we tend to think the story of them begins with our birth. First there was nothing, then I was born...Yet that is not so.

Human lives are not pieces of string that can be separated out from a knot of others and laid out straight.

Families are webs. Impossible to touch one part of it without setting the rest vibrating.

s Impossible to understand one part without having a sense of the whole. - Vida Winter

― Diane Setterfield

****************************************************

The last time I had a long discussion with my parents was when I decided to move out. They needed a lot of convincing to allow me to leave the house. I never thought I would move out and be on my own until I left the house and I am glad that I left. They never bothered to ask me my reason to leave the house and I didn't bother to tell mine because.....who cares?

Right now I am at the same place I was that day. Same room and same chair. I don't know what to say and how to react about this all.

"California? Why? Whats wrong here in Stratford?" I ask looking at dad and he looks at mom to continue.

"Your dad has a great business opportunity in California sweetie. He can expand his business there. He has arranged everything there with his friend. Old Stratford is too small to take a risk of expanding his business . You need to understand its important for him, for me."

"What about me, Liam and Sophie? What about our life here? "

"You all are coming with us too. Sophie got enrolled in Architecture and Designing college of Los Angeles and Liam will finish his school there." She lays out her plan and no one thought what I would do if I leave everything behind here and I am not included here again.

"Ok so everything is already planned. Sophie got enrolled in the college already, dad has set  his business and I get to know this now." I laugh humorlessly pushing away my plate . "what about me mom?Dad?" I look at them for an answer. "What about my life here? My career? My plans about life here? You didn't thought to tell me before taking decision on my behalf?"

"I never had a courage to ask before but, why do you both hate me so much?What have I done to always get your hatred?" I ask as the tears threaten my eyes but I won't allow them to leave my eyes.

"Its not like that Ivy." mom is the first one to reply. She looks at me with her own eyes tearing as her had goes on her chest.

"Then how is it mom? Huh? Do you even remember the last time we had a mother-daughter talk? Do you remember taking me to shopping or thinking about me anytime other that when you needed me for some work? Dad do you?" they are looking everywhere but me. "Even one when you decided to move you didn't think about me. You thought about what Liam and Sophie would do. What about my dreams? I get that I am the elder and I should adjust but I needed your love and affection the most other than the luxuries you provided. "

They haven't spoken a single word yet and that's their answer to all my questions. So I get up and drink some water. I get my things from the table ready to get the hell out of here. "Ivy" mom calls after me as I walk towards the front door wearing my jacket on the way.

I close my eyes taking a deep breath and turn around."Mom I got my answer and I am sorry if I have done something wrong to offend you these years but I was a child since I am getting this treatment. I am never included in family matters so please just leave me alone from this too like you always do. I am not coming to California with you. You all are free to go. This small place is my home and I feel safe here. I have a year of college to complete, a job and very few friends who are closer to me than my own family. So go ahead and..." I glance at dad who is listening to us since the beginning "Call me if you need with packing or something."

They look sad and I hate myself for doing this to them but enough is enough. I am done with this everytime drama. I have decided to move on so I better act like that. I open the front door and walk out without giving a backward glance. As soon as I am out of the gate I let the tears flow down freely. I take out my phone to call a cab. There are various texts from Tyler and Alia but I ignore them.

As soon as I reach home I take a shower and open my journal and write done the eventful day I had. I text Tyler that I reached home safely and that I'll call him in the morning and I cry myself to sleep thinking about where I went wrong.

The next morning I wakeup at 5 am because I am hungry. So I prepare something to eat and sit on the stool by the kitchen counter. Soon the reality dawns on me. My parents are moving to another country away from me, I love them and I don't know how I should feel anything about it. I have decided to move on from the topic and live my life normally instead of thinking about it again and again because they have everything planned already and I am too stubborn to back down.

I study for my exam for some time and decide to take shower. I reply Tyler's text and search for an outfit. I put on some makeup to hide my eye bags and wait for Tyler. He is on time as always. I leave the house locking it behind me. Tyler is out of the car already walking towards me. He grabs me by my waist as he meets me in the halfway, pulls my lips for a long passionate kiss and making my mood a bit better than before.

"I missed you." he says as he pulls away and nuzzles in the crook of my neck inhaling.

"I missed you too." I chuckle and pull away."Lets go or we will be late." he pecks on my lips once more before he jogs back to the driver seat. The ride to the college is silent,we both lost in our thoughts. I am glad he didn't notice I am not in the mood to have a conversation.

After the exam I wait for him near his car. I spot Alexa and Ella from the corner of my eyes glaring at me but I ignore them and put my earphones on listening to some music. As the time passes I feel a headache forming and I wish Tyler comes out early because I just want to go home and sleep right now.

I ask him to drive me home as soon as he comes out of the college. He looks at me worriedly, cupping my face in his hands as he looks closely at my face. "Are you okay baby?" he ask rubbing his thumbs on my cheek. "You look tired and there are bags under your eyes. And you didn't speak a single word the entire ride to the college." Off course he noticed.

"Yeah its just the headache. Its getting worse please can we leave already?" I say walking to the drivers seat. How should I tell him everything that happened yesterday? How would he react? Am I not worthy to get love? I doze of on the ride home. He has my hand in his the entire time he drives with another. feel safe with him but would he leave me if he knows everyone that was close to me are leaving?

I feel lifted up from my seat after sometime. I snuggle into him inhaling his cologne as he carries me inside as the world fades away around me. Soon I feel placed on a soft thing which would be my bed. He pecks on my forehead and I wait for him to slide beside me on the bed wrapping his arms around me but he doesn't. I open my eyes to look around for him but he isn't there.

He left. Everyone wants to leave me. Am I that bad person? I would live with all the heartbreaks I get from others but I can't imagine my life without him. I want him, I need him herewith me to tell me everything will be fine like every time. I get up from the bed feeling a little dizzy because of the headache and walk to the living room calling his name.

"Tyler?" I call out as the first sob falls from my mouth. He doesn't answers so I walk hurriedly further. I breakdown sobbing on my knees when suddenly the front door opens. Its him.

"Tyler..." I breath out in relief. He drops the bags he has in his hands and rushes towards me.

"Please don't leave me. Please..... " I plead tugging on his shirt.

_________________________________________

A/N

Please like and comment. 🤗 🤗