Chapter 6

I unlock the door and walk towards the kitchen keeping by backpack on the counter. "You want some thing to eat Av?" I call out for her." No I'm fine" she shouts back.

"Okay" I say as I take out the chocolate from the refrigerator and walk back to the living room. She has already decided the movie and get comfortable on the couch as the movie starts. I make some popcorn after the first movie and we switch to vampire diaries.

"God he looks hot in that " she says dreamily as the feature Damon. She loves the Salvatore brothers and off course me too. Who doesn't right? They are charming." Hey I saw this Vampire Diaries hoodie at the store in mall wanna go checkout? " she asks.

"Sure" I say folding my chocolate wrapper neatly.

"You should stop that. I know you are going to add that in your wrapper collection now ,right?"

I shrug "Maybe".

"Did Tyler bought you that Ivy?" she asks now turning towards me.

How does she knows everything.

"Are you some witch or something Av?" I ask her.

"No God. I just guessed" she laughs.I raise my eyebrows at her." You stopped eating chocolates remember?" she asks.

"So I can't buy myself a chocolate or what?" I ask her. "Of course you can but I know he gave that" she gives me a toothy grin she snatches the wrapper and runs away.

"Av give me back my wrapper." I shout behind her.

"Why? So you would write his name on it and add it to your collection huh?" she asks putting her hands on hips.

"No" I glare at her. Actually that's what I am going to do.

I have a habit of keeping collection of things that are close to my heart or things that I get from people that are close to me. not that I have many.

"Avery Katherine Walker. Give me my wrapper back or you are not getting any cupcakes that I baked yesterday." That gets her as she scrunches her nose and starts walking back to me.

"I feel like that Katherine when you call me that" she says nodding her head towards television.

I laugh at that and snatch my wrapper back from her. I run to my bedroom and hide it in my book on the nightstand. I plug my phone to the charger and walk back to the living room. Avery is on the porch talking on phone so I clear the popcorn bowls and walk in kitchen to bake some cupcakes for her.

Baking is one of my many hobbies. I love to bake and decorate them with different designs. I took baking classes with Avery in summer holidays but she loves eating cupcakes made by me. She is more into cooking than baking.

I take out the ingredients for the cake when she walks back with sad face.

"Hey everything ok?" I ask. She shakes her head and comes to hug me as a tear rolls down her eyes.

"What's wrong Av?" I rub her back soothingly.

She sniffles as she leaves me and sits on the stool by the kitchen island. " It was Landon " she says without meeting my gaze. " My dad and brother went to his house and threatened him to stay away from me. His parents were home and they are furious now. Even they told him to cut off all the ties with me". she starts sobbing at the last sentence.

"Oh don't cry Av everything will be fine. You speak with them and make them understand he is good for you and you love each other. I know they will understand."

"Yeah we have decided to meet his and my parents together on Sunday. I hope that goes well " she says wiping her eyes.

"Everything will be fine don't worry Av. " I hug her once again. She nods her head. "Now let's bake some cupcakes shall we?"

"Ok let's bake' she says now with a good mood. I smile at her and start preparing the batter. She connects her phone with the speakers and plays our favorite playlist. "So tell me about Tyler then. You don't tell me anything nowadays" she says while making the whipped cream.

"There is nothing to tell about him really. You know everything already. He likes her, she likes him, they are not ready to be in a relationship and I.." I breathe out."I am the third wheel" I say looking at her.

"You are not being a third wheel Ivy. You can't control your feelings. If you like him, you should tell him Just do your part rest he will decide what to do." she tells me holding my arm.

"I know but he likes her not me. He wants us to be just friends. He cleared that the other day. And Alexa is my friend I can't do that to her. She and Ella were the only one who took me in their group without thinking twice. And I know I can't control my feelings but I can hide them right? Besides I don't think I am his type. We are like two different poles. He loves sketching, he is a good photographer, he likes adventure, he can be friends with anyone and look at me I am the opposite. "

She just stares at me for a moment " He doesn't knows what he is loosing and you my friend are in love with him. Your eyes tell the love you have for him. I know you won't agree with me right now but I know how it feels to be in love."

I just stare at her with wide eyes. Love? I don't know what's love. I know I love her and my parents and my siblings but a boy? Can I love him?

"Don't think too much Av just go with the flow things will come to right places don't worry" she says patting on my back like a mommy she is. " You know what's love?" she asks putting the cakes in the oven. I nod. " Nothing makes sense without the person you love. All you do every single minute of the day is think about them and even their little things make you smile. You observe their every movement."

Yes I think that's what I do. I think about him every damn minute and he is the first person I look for when I walk down the hallways or in the classroom. I know how he draws he eyebrows together and he bites his lower lip when he concentrates while sketching, the smell of his cologne, his infectious smile and the way the dresses. Also he is very grumpy in the mornings when we have early lectures, he hates tea and he is foodie. Ok I know too much I think. I look at Avery and find a knowing smile on her face.

"Don't rush yourself think with a calm mind you will get you answers." she says. I nod again unable utter a single word from my mouth.

The beeping of oven brings back our attention to the cakes. "Ok lets decorate them'' I get up from the stool and walk to the oven to take them out.

We spend rest of the evening decorating cupcakes, eating and bickering. It feels good to spend time with her. She always knows anything and everything and has a solution for my every problem. I think back about what she said me being in love with Tyler. Is it possible? I know I was falling for him but its to early to fall in love with him. I have known him for such a small time. I shake out of my thoughts and get ready to bed. Avery went home after we cleaned up.

I check my phone while I make myself comfortable under the covers. I have 25 texts on the group chat. All about time and place to meet tomorrow. As usual Ella and Blake are arguing about the time and Alexa is supporting her. Tyler is just sending the laughing and annoyed emojis and at last they come to conclusion of meeting at four pm.

I send a Ok and good-night to everyone and start reading my book. I think about meeting Tyler and how would he behave with me outside the college. Its first time we all are meeting outside the college. I don't know how to act around them all now that I know my feelings foe Tyler. Would they see through me like Avery did?

Huh I just don't understand why I took that college it would have been better if I would I enrolled in the college near my parents house. It would have saved me from this mess. I doze off to sleep blaming myself and Tyler and Alexa for being caught in this.
____________________________________

Like and comment 🤗