Chapter 13

Happiness is not a destination. It is a mood, it is not permanent. It comes and goes and if people thought that way then maybe people would find happiness more often. ­­-- One Tree Hill.

*************************************

I have been sitting in the library with a book in front of me but I couldn't read a single word. I feel exhausted and drained. I need a break from this drama going on in my life. Today the classes were cancelled and only submissions are going on. The collage has arranged some career oriented guest lecture and would like to be anywhere than here.

I was so busy in daydreaming in the library that I lost the track of time and by the time I reach the auditorium, all the seats are taken. Great. There are some students standing and chatting among themselves near the exit across from the podium. I go near them and stand with them while the teacher arranges sitting arrangement. The teacher tells us to stand and I search for Tyler and Blake and they are sitting farther way near the wall. Alexa and Ella are busy talking the other girl's ear off who looks like she wants to run away from them. Yes that's what they do when they start speaking. Its always bragging.

I look around and all are busy chatting with their friends or doing something on their phones. I am the only one standing in the corner with no one to speak. I glance at Tyler when I feel his eyes on me. He looks at me confused and I mouth him there's no vacant seat. The quest arrives just as he is going to reply and soon the lecture starts.

I am totally zoned out the whole lecture stealing glances and Tyler and I find him doing same. I walk out of the auditorium as soon as the lecture is over. I take out my necessary things from the locker that I would need in the holidays and put them in my bag. As I am about to turn and leave I see Tyler leaning against the lookers a few feet away his arms crossed on his chest and looking at me with a intense stare. My heart starts beating faster just by looking at him.

"Hey" I nod with a smile as I start walking past him. He grabs my wrist as I pass. My heart is going to come out of my ribcage. I swear he can hear my heart beating.

"Join us this weekend?" He says with puppy dog eyes. That's how he behaves nowadays. Whenever he wants something he does that like a small boy. He knows I can't resist that look and I almost say yes but I remember he is going to ask Alexa out and I can't witness that. Its better I stay home baking and reading than going with them only to get hurt.

"I can't Tyler. You know I have to visit my grandparents tomorrow" I say taking a step back from him. His drops my hand and looks into my eyes searching for truth. Maybe he finds I hope. He nods a few times and starts walking backwards. It feels like he is walking away from me. Leaving me alone to suffer with the pieces of my broken heart because the next time we meet he won't be mine to call anymore.

"Tyler?" I call out. Just to look into his eyes. "Have fun and be safe" a smiles spreads across his face. Its different than he gives to everyone even Alexa. Its my smile it belongs to me just me. My heart warms at that.

"Yeah. Thanks and you too" he says walking away. He glances towards me once more before disappearing behind the wall. That just made my day. Even his smile is enough for me to keep me happy the whole day and that's dangerous. I know but I can't stop loving him and won't stop ever. He is my forever.

The rest of the day is a blur. I couldn't stop thinking about the smile he gave me. Even that brings a smile on my face. I see a text on my phone as I leave the café after my shift. Its him again. He is responding to the earlier text I sent him about the location they are going. Its like he is everywhere. In my thoughts, my mind, my heart and everywhere else.

Tyler

Are you going to surprise me? You are asking for the location since two days.

Ivy

I might.😉

Tyler

Ohh so I need to do reservations for a wildcraft house guest then. 😂

Ivy

Hey I'm just kidding.

Tyler.

I know you are too stubborn to listen to me.

Ivy

Haha.

I lock my phone and start walking home. I always thought being in love was cliché but it feels good. I feel alive and happy even when he doesn't love me back. I have a reason to get up everyday just to see him smile, to listen his voice, to see him living his life the way he wants without thinking about what someone would say and to see him struggling to express his feelings to the girl he likes.

The weekend was busy for me. I cleaned my entire house. Rearranged my bookshelf and my wardrobe. I did laundry and even did some gardening. I wanted to keep myself busy from thinking about them. I was happy for him though. He deserves to get what he wants. If having her makes him happy then be it. But I can't keep thinking about them all the time so I decided to do all the pending work I had to do.

I decided to visit mom today so I bake some cupcakes and pastries to take with me. Dad loves my pastries and cupcakes. He always eats them with interest and I love to see that satisfying face.

I am met with a small boyish giggle as soon as I reach my parents home. Its Chad, my 4 year old cousin. He is the cutest little boy I have ever seen. He is the youngest in our family and everyone adores him. I love him. My aunt and uncle moved away from our town to the states because my uncle got promotion so we meet very rarely now.

I go in the kitchen and place the bags I bought on the counter. He comes running towards me and wraps his small arms around my legs.

"Hey pumpkin. How are you?" I ask him picking him up on my waist. I kiss him on both the cheeks and walk out towards where everyone is sitting. All are sitting and chatting in the living room. They all look at me and Chad as soon as I enter.

"Ivy. How are you?" aunt Alice asks me as I sit near her."I'm fine. How are you? we missed you. Its been so long since we meet" I say hugging her.

"We missed you too dear."

"Hey uncle, forgot me already?" I pout at my uncle.

"No no baby girl. How would I forget you" he says pecking on my forehead.

I smile at him. We spend the whole day chatting and having a family time. Its been so long since we had a get together. We even cook dinner together me, mom and aunt, me more helping with chopping vegetables. I paly with Chad for some time before I get back home.

There's no message from Tyler nor any updates about there whereabouts. There must be network problem I think. I sleep as soon as I get home. It was a long day. I had fun after long time. And for once I didn't think of Tyler the whole day.

____________________________________

A/N

Please like and comment 🤗🤗.