Chapter 12

"I wake up everyday and I feel okay. But there's something missing, like a hole. Some people, they fit in life or whatever. I don't. —The Vampire Diaries.

***********************************

Its Thursday today so one more day until holidays start. Currently I'm sitting in the library all my classes of the day are over and I'm completing my last assignment that I need to submit tomorrow. Tyler and his group are busy planning for their trip. There decided to go the cabin that one of their friend owns by the seashore instead of camping in the woods.

I finish my assignment and go home to freshen up before going to the café. Its getting busy nowadays since the other down the street closed down. I am walking to the café when a car stops near me. Its Tyler. He gets down the car and comes towards me. We have been texting each other since like normal friends now. And I face him whenever I see him instead of ignoring him. "Hey" I say tucking my hands in the jacket pockets.

"Hi I need a favor" he says nervously. I start walking and I nod at him to follow me.

"Yeah. Spit it out then" I say looking forward instead of looking at him because I know what could be the possibilities. He clears his throat and rubs his back of neck and looks at me as he speaks.

"I was thinking about um.....asking her out on the trip." he says too fast but I understand it." How should I do it?"

There goes my heart.

"That's great." I say enthusiastically. "Its good really you should definitely ask her out." I smile at him.

"Really? Please help me then. I don't know what to do" he asks.

"Woah. I don't know anything about dating how can I tell you? Ask Blake or someone."

"No I can't. No one knows besides you. You are my best friend " he says stopping suddenly. Bestfriend that's what I'm for him!

"Bestfriend?" I repeat staring into his eyes.

"Yes don't you want to be mine? I know we were not in good terms before but I look at you like my bestfriend. You are smart, intelligent and you are always there when I need you. That's what best friends do right?"

I just nod at him. I clear my throat and think but nothing comes in my mind. How would you advice the person you love to ask out the person they like? cant he see that him that I love him. When would he understand that? He is still looking at me waiting for my answer.

"Um.....you can give her a rose and then ask her out?" I say unsure.

He thinks for a while and then a bright smile spreads on his face. "That's a good idea! Thank you . You are the best." he comes to hug me and I wish soo bad that I would be the reason of that smile. He wraps his arms around me but mine are glued to my side, I don't hug him back. He lets go of me and looks into my eyes once before looking down at his feet. He wants to say something but decides against it and shakes his head. "Sorry to hold you up. You would be late." He says smiling.

"Oh yeah. I gotta go. See you tomorrow." I say walking away. I don't dare to look back as a tear rolls down my eye. He is offering to drop me but I just pretend like didn't hear and walk to the café. I have 10 more minutes before I start my shift so I call Avery's landline. She is still distant with me but I need someone to talk to. I ask her to come over at my place after my shift and she accepts.

The times flies by quickly at the café and its really busy. My legs are hurting and I feel like headache forming. I finish my work and leave home. I buy some pain killers on the way home and a takeout as I'm not in the condition of cooking. Avery is already sitting on the stairs of my house. She gets up as I approach her. "Hey babe rough day?" she ask hugging me. Her hugs always bring me comfort like a mothers hug, which I never got from mom. I nod and give her the takeout bag as I search for the keys in my purse.