Chapter 9

Waiting is painful. Forgetting is painful. But not knowing which to do is the worst kind of suffering. - Paulo Coelho.

*************************

I walk out from the classroom towards the parking lot. I see Avery speaking with Maya and Jay is nowhere to be seen. I walk towards her hurriedly because I know he is behind me. "Ivy" he calls out and that gets Avery's attention. Ugh. Not now you idiot.

"Not here Tyler my friends are here and I don't want to speak with you." I gritted out. He breathes out and looks back at Avery and then back at me. He looks like he wants to say something but shakes his head ."Ok I am leaving now but we need to talk and I'm meeting you outside the café after your shift" he says and walks off without waiting for my reply.

I just don't understand him. He is bossy. And what does he think he is? He can't boss me around.

Avery comes towards me as soon as he walks off. "What was that?" she asks raising her eyebrow. "Uh Mr. Grumpy pants here is on his mood swings. Nothing much" I shrug looking at his car.

"You are hiding something" she says folding her hands in front of her. How does she knows everything again!

So I end up telling her everything. She hits me on the arm once I finish my rambling. "Ow that hurt." I say rubbing my arm. "It was supposed to because you hid soo much from me." she says.

"Ohh come on. You were already sad and I didn't wanted to burden you with my melodrama.'' I say worried.

"I won't look at that as a burden Ivy and I'll always be there for you whenever you need me" she says sweetly. I nod at her. "And I think he likes you too. He hasn't stopped looking since he went to his car and he might be confused about his feelings for you. Ignoring him won't let you anywhere. Make the things between you two. You can't stop your heart from loving someone" she says rubbing my arm smoothly.

I think about us, me and Tyler as I walk home. I always have had solutions for any problem but about Tyler? everything is different. I am confused and I don't know what to do. I have feelings for him but the way he behaves with me? I don't know what I should do. I know I love him but I don't know about his feelings. What if he doesn't like me in that way? What if its not just a crush on Alexa but he loves her? I won't survive that pain. I am already suffering by seeing him staring and smiling at her . They even have nicknames for each other. I can't handle that heartbreak.

I keep myself busy the whole day to avoid overthinking and look forward to meet him in the evening to clear the things between us all at once. Even thinking about him erupts butterflies in my stomach. My shift at the café goes quickly. I remove my apron and wear my jacket and take my bag from the staff room.

As I walk out of the café the winter air hits me on the face causing goosebumps on my body. I feel his eyes on me before I see him. I look around for him and there he is leaning against his black car with his long legs crossed and his hands in his pockets. I walk towards him and stand in front of him.

"Hi" I breathe out suddenly feeling hot. His eyes look warm and happy as usual. They bring comfort to me. I stands straight and clears his throat as he speaks, " I'm sorry for yesterday I was really held up with some work so I couldn't come." he says rubbing his back of neck nervously.

" You should have at least texted me that you were not coming. I waiting for you for two hours thinking that you would show up anytime" I say furiously. Suddenly feeling angry towards him. "You wouldn't have stood upon her right?" I ask laughing lightly.

"Look I said I'm sorry Ivy. I was really held up by something. I would never do that to you." he says sincerely. I take a close look at him. He is too close to me, in my personal space. I can even smell his after shave. Its minty. He has a chickenpox scar on his right temple and a mole just below his same eye. Its visible even in the low light we are standing. I look away quickly before he catches me staring and take a step back.