Chapter 36

Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.

― Allen Saunders

************************************

After 3 years

"I am leaving for the day Ivy." Anna calls from outside my office. She is one of my employees. I remove my spectacles and rub my eyes as I feel the tiredness taking over. I glance at the table watch its half past 10. I need to go home now. I think as I gather my things to leave.

Its been three years I am working at Good Bakes. Mark sold me the half two years ago and I am now in the partnership of the bakery along with Mark. The last years of my life have been nothing but wonderful. Everything is perfect and I am happy.

Right after Tyler left for his one year Internship at Manchester, Mark asked me to be the manager of Good Bakes. He basically said that its ours now. He loves me like I am his daughter and he is no less than a father for me but I don't feel right to claim something that he has worked hard to earn.. He has been with me in my every ups and downs and also Lisa is the best. He believed in me to be a good owner to the bakery and I am proving just that.

Tyler completed his Internship and moved back home. He is a well known photographer in the country and now shoots for models and celebraties. I am proud f him. He has really worked hard to achieve this. I moved out from my old home and now we live in a apartment together.

Alia worked with me in the bakery until last year and decided to leave the job to focus on her fashion designing course. We still are best friends and I love her to death. She meets almost every day on her way to the college.

My relationship with my parents and Sophie and Liam is getting better as the days pass. I visited them a few times in last few years. I must say that California is a beautiful place. I have even got more close with Tyler's mom. She is a great person.

"Ivy? You there yet?" I hear Alia calling me from the door of the bakery. Its almost time to close the bakery now. I take my bag from the chair and walk out of the office.

"Yeah still here." I chirp as I walk near her and give a quick hug. "Why are you so late today? I thought you must have been home by now."

"I had some pending assignments so I stayed back." she replies as she types away on her phone. She has been texting someone on and off a lot lately. I wish she is seeing someone.

"Wanna grab a bite at the Corners?"

"Yes please I am famished." she says rubbing her tummy.We lock the bakery and walk to my car. Its a bit chilly today and winter hasn't even started yet.

"So how is your internship going?" I ask her once we are seated and served the food.

"Its great actually. I love working there." she says as she grabs a bite from her burger.

"That's great but I miss you having around." I tell her.

"Aw I miss your company too babe. I wish I was good at baking and managing things like you, we would have had a blast at the bakery." she pouts.

"Yeah I know." I nod. We spend rest if the dinner talking and she does most of it. After the dinner I drop her near her apartment and drive home. Tyler would be home late and I am really exhausted so I change into my pajamas and sleep.

Sometime in the night I feel Tyler pulling me to his chest and planting a kiss on my head. I wrap my hand around his waist and let the sleep take over me again.

.

"Morning princess." he says in his sexy morning voice which I love soo much. He is sitting on the bed leaning to the headboard working on his laptop. Editing I assume. He works too much and I am afraid he might get sick one day because of the exhaustion.