Chapter 31

Don't let the expectations and opinions of other people affect your decisions.

It's your life, not theirs. Do what matters most to you; do what makes you feel alive and happy.

Don't let the expectations and ideas of others limit who you are. If you let others tell you who you are, you are living their reality — not yours.

There is more to life than pleasing people.

There is much more to life than following others' prescribed path.

There is so much more to life than what you experience right now.

You need to decide who you are for yourself. Become a whole being. Adventure.

― Roy T. Bennett

**********************************

I have always wanted to be a perfect person as if to grow up with a happy family and best siblings. My dreams about the perfect life started to fade away when I started to notice the change in my family. I stopped dreaming and started to live in reality. Soon the reality became the reason of my abandonment issues and here I am crying on my boyfriends shoulder.

Sometimes we value a relationship more than it requires and we start to expect certain things from them and when it doesn't goes like our expectations, we start to blame. Either we blame ourselves for expecting too much or we blame them for not being able to complete our expectations. So its better not to expect anything.

Tyler holds me as I cry on his shoulder holding him like my life depends on him. He has been there for me every time I had a breakdown. I hate to do this to him always but he never complains. Ever since he came to my life he has supported me with everything and filled my life with such happiness than no one ever could do. I tell him everything I have been through. Right from my childhood to my parents leaving the country.

"I have got you baby. I would never leave you even if you want me to." he says as he cups my face in his large hands, wiping away the tears with his thumbs.

"I know. I just don't know what came to me... I.. I'm sorry." I sniffle hugging him tighter.

"You don't need to say sorry my princess. Now I get why you don't get close to people and its okay. Its life, people leave you can sit and cry over everyone. You are the strongest person I know and don't let these little things dull your happiness. Your parents are just moving to another country you can visit them whenever you want to see them."

"Yes I know. I just feel left out. They could have at least gave me a hint that they are moving. They have been planning it for so long and I visited them almost every weekend and they didn't even think about telling me. "

"It was their decision baby. Don worry everything will be fine." I says rubbing my back.

"Yeah I know as long as I have you, everything will be fine." I say pecking him on the lips. He grabs me by my waist for a long kiss and we get normal again.

*******************************

One month later.

"Babe." Tyler yells from his car impatiently and honking furiously. Ugh he is going to bring us in trouble some day because of his impatient honking.

"Coming just let me grab my purse Ty." I shout back as I grab my purse and check myself once again at the mirror near the door. As you all are wondering, we are going to meet his mom today and I am super nervous. This is the first time I am going to meet her. I have talked her on the phone a few times when she picked up the call for Tyler though. She seems friendly from the way she spoke.

Its been a month since the day mom and dad dropped the bomb that they are moving. This are getting a bit normal now between us. After my lash out at them, they came to meet me after two days and we kind of worked out on it. I have been helping them out with the packing and stuff because its summer holidays now.

The work at the café is also going great. Now I am the head baker instead of a counter girl there and I get paid more than before because Emily had to leave her job as her daughter needs her more attention because of the accident she had a while ago. I just love baking there and its really fun to work for Mark.

I lock the door quickly and walk to his car. "Damn girl you took so long." he says as he starts the car.

"Excuse me! You came early I was still getting ready." I say waving my hands. He chuckles.

"My mom is more impatient than me. She is dying to meet you." Say what?

"I am really nervous." I say I bit my lower lip.

"There's nothing to be nervous baby its just my mom and you have already spoke with her." he says taking a turn to his street and I get more restless as we get closer.

"I know but its different from meeting in person."

"Believe me everything will be fine. " he says taking my hand from the lap to his as he kisses it on the back. I nod as I chant everything will be fine in my head.

We park in his driveway too soon and he hops out. I take my time getting out. I hope she likes me . It means a lot to me and to our relationship. I don't know why but I want his parents to like me. He holds my hand and entwines our fingers as we climb up to the porch.

The door is flying open as we reach halfway. A middle aged lady with curly brown hair and warm brown eyes like Tyler steps out grinning at us.

"Hi Mrs. Campbell" I smile at her. She engulfs me in a hug as soon as we reach to her.

"Hi Sweetie. You are more beautiful in person. Now I understand why he is always speaking about you." she says kissing my cheeks. A blush creeps my face and I look down hiding it away.

"Thanks."

"Oh come on in." she says as she walks inside. I glance at Tyler and he is grinning happily.

"See I told you everything will be fine." he whispers in my ear as we walk inside. His house from inside is beautiful. I notice.

"Lets have lunch first it will get cold." Mrs. Campbell announces as we walk further where I assume is kitchen. The dinning table already has plates ready and waiting to be served.

"Do you need help Mrs. Campbell?" I ask as her.

"Call me Kara Sweetheart. And no you both have a seat I'll be back with the food." she smiles.

She comes back with two trays of food and serves us dishing her some too. She engages us into a chat instantly as we eat and get close with her instantly. She is indeed a friendly woman.After the lunch we have the Indian dessert she made and it was really yummy.

"So what are your plans about your career?" she asks me as we hangout in the living room. Tyler left after the lunch because he had to pickup his brother from the summer club.

I clear my throat as I answer "Um....I haven't thought much but I love baking and I am kind of going to stick yo that. "

"That's great! The cake you sent the other day was amazing. You should definitely do that." she says nodding at me. I sent her cake with Tyler once because he wanted her to taste the cake made by me and she had called me the moment she ate telling me how much she loved the cake.

"Yeah. And also the I work as a head baker at the café so I am getting to do this much better." I tell her.

"Does your parents know about you and Tyler?" she asks from nowhere and I sit there unable to decide what to tell her.

_____________________________________________________

A/N

Hey guys now I am on Instagram too! Do checkout my page and follow. The link is in the bio.

Please like and comment.