Chapter 4

Just wanted to say hii. I got your contact from the group. Good night Ivy 😊.
      - Tyler.

I just stared at the text with a grin like an idiot. Tyler texted me!!. My mind was not able to accept that fact. He is the most self centred person in our group and never ever starts a conversation with anyone let alone text them.

My phone again pinged with another incoming texts bringing me back from my dreamland. It was on the group from Ella. The usual nonsense they talk about.

I was having a hard time with deciding whether to reply or leave the message as it is. I saved his number and decided to reply.

Ivy
Hey. Your assignment is done. 😊 I reply.

Tyler
Ohh thanks. I knew you were a nerd.😉 You would complete it.

Ivy
Nerd? Really??

Tyler
Yeah. You are always into books whenever I see you. Only nerds do that 😜.

I should have felt offended right?? But here I am blushing like some idiot. And he looks at me because he observed that I read books all the time. Wow that's some improvement.

Ivy
Ohh. It's not like that, I like reading books and that doesn't make me a nerd.

Tyler
Oh come on you have that look you know glasses and all .😜

Ivy
I might feel offended Tyler.

Tyler
No you won't. I know.

Ivy
Good night.

Tyler
Gn. See you tomorrow.

You know the feeling when you want something that you were wishing for like since forever and you get it all of a sudden?? That's how I feel now.

God what's wrong with me. It's just a boy and I'm getting all giddy just because he texted me.

Maybe he was being polite because you completed his assignment.

My arrogant inner voice tells me.

Yeah that could be the reason. He likes Alexa anyways. Ugh I need to stop this. I won't involve my feelings where they won't be returned.

Next morning I wake up early and do my morning routine.l wear a yellow sweater and black jeans and pair it with sneakers.

l wear a yellow sweater and black jeans and pair it with sneakers

I have some breakfast and  leave a bit early for college. Today I walked to college since dad was out of town. I stand at our usual hangout spot waiting for everyone to arrive.

"Hi Nerd" I jump at the sudden voice behind me. I turn around and find Tyler smirking down at me.

"God you scared me'' I say my hand going on my chest.