Chapter 1

Ivy

I put my phone in my jeans pocket, check myself once again in the mirror and I'm ready to go. It's my first day of the college and I am really nervous. New people make me nervous. I am more of a staying home reading books, than going out to make friends kind of a girl. I have always kept my business to myself. Making friends and partying is not my thing and it never will be. I have very few people whom I call my friends and one of them is Avery, my best friend. We know eachother since we were born we are related through family so we are always together. She is the only one that I know in my new college . She is a year senior to me even though we are of same age.
I lock my apartment door behind me and wait for my dad to take me to the college. I don't have my vehicle so my dad is going to drop and pick me up from the college.
I get down from my dad's Royal Enfield keep my head down as walk through the gates of the college. I hear my name and look up to find Avery grinning from ear to ear at me. I walk towards her and hug her. She introduces me to her friends Jay, Maya, Phoebe,Tessa. They look friendly and I like them instantly.
"Heyy,did you attend Spring High school??"Phoebe asks me.
I look at her neatly this time. She is a bit more curly and has long waist length hair just like mine. "Yeah" I reply.
" I went there too" she says." That's why I thought I saw you somewhere"
" God stop that ebby we should go to our classes it's getting late now" Jay mutters from behind Phoebe.
"Don't mind them Ivy they are always bickering like that he is jealous because she found a schoolmate and Jay here doesn't have anyone from his school"Avery tells me as we wall down the halls of my new college. I give her a small smile.
I get my schedule from the office and Avery helps we find my first class. My hands are shaking as I take in my lecture hall and I feel like going back home in comfort of my bed away from this chaos infront of me.
Avery hugs me"I know you are nervous but it will be fine. You should make new friends in your class and call me at lunch we have lunch together I will meet you at the cafeteria." She says bye and walks towards her class.
I take a seat farther away from the teacher's desk at the back where no one would see me. After few minutes two girls come towards the desk beside me which is only vacant since whole class is now filled with students.One of them is thin and the other is a bit extra curvy They are chatting and giggling and seem to be best friends.
I look down at my book which I am reading since I took this seat. The curvy one sits beside me and looks at me for the first time.
"Hii" they say together and start giggling again. Huh what are these??? 5 year olds?
" Hi" I reply anyways.
" I'm Alexa and this is Ella" Alexa the curvy one says.
"I'm Ivy" I reply.
"You have nice hair" she says. I reply with a small thank you. She is a talkative type I observe.
She is opens her mouth to say something but the professor comes to the class. The class starts and I couldn't be more thankful.
The classes finish very quickly and it's time for lunch. Alexa and Ella were chatting nonstop throughout the lectures and I was literally fed up by them. I walk out of the college building towards the cafeteria and call Avery. I spot here the next moment walking towards me with her friends.

"How was your first day??" she asks as we start walking towards a table to have lunch.

"It was good so far and I met this two girls who were sitting beside me the whole time chatting like they are gonna die tomorrow." I mutter the last part annoyingly.

She laughs at that and tells"most of the girls at our age are always chatting with their friends you should open up to people more so you won't get annoyed by them it's normal for every one"

I think about the last time I opened up to anyone other than her which is never. She is the only person who knows the real me. I don't like to chit chat with new people and I don't get used to people easily. I take time in trusting people and once I let them in my life I give my hundred percent to them and the relationship that I have with them.

I takeout my tiffin from my bag and start eating in silence drown in my own thoughts. Phoebe and Jay are bickering over something and Avery is watching something on Maya's smartphone. I finish my lunch and take my bag to go for my next lecture.

"I'll see you guys later" I say and walk out of the cafeteria after giving a quick hug to Avery.

I check for my next lecture and it's on the third floor so I take my time climbing the stairs as I'm ten minutes early to the class.

Once in the class I spot Alexa and Ella sitting at front desk and they wave at me. I walk towards them and sit beside Alexa . I should really start making friends actually I think.

We talk for a while they more as they tell me about themselves and I just listen. They are best friends since high school since they went to the same school. They live close and come college together. They have other friends which did not attend the first day.

"Have you seen Tyler??" Alexa asks her as they take their books out.

"No he didn't even come for induction programme"she replys.

"Hii ladies" someone says behind us and we look back to find a guys smiling at Alexa and Ella. He is a little short and lean. He went to the same school as mine but I don't show him any recognition.

" Hii Blake you are back already?? We thought you won't come untill next week" Ella says.

"Yeah I ran away from my granny he" says with a goofy smile." And who do we have here?" He asks once he notices me.

"This is Ivy.Ivy this is Blake one of our friends in the group" Ella tells.

"Hello" I say with a tight smile.He smiles back and sits beside me which is the only vacant sit.

They start talking instantly about anything and everything and now I have to listen them whole lecture.

And here I thought just girls like chatting.

The lecture starts after few minutes and the whole time they are talking about this Tyler guy who did not attend the college. Even the teacher asked about him. Seriously people?? Let the person be. Why do you need him here now?? I swear my head is gonna explode in few minutes with their non stop talking.

Ughhh. What did I get myself into??!!
After the lecture we exchange our numbers and go to our separate ways.
I walk out of the college and wait for my dad.

Once home I think about my first day and smile I as think about Alexa,Ella and Blake. They were so carefree and comfortable with eachother. I think I might make friends with them and if I want to be their friends I need to tolarate their extra talking.

It's time to change myself. No one would be friends with a nerd like me so I need to get myself together and try harder to socialize. I don't want to end up alone. I hope this new college and new year brings some light to the dark parts of my life.

____________________________________
Hello readers,

So the first chapter is here and I hope you all like it. There might me spelling mistakes or other grammatical mistakes but please co-operate with me since I told you English is not my first language and your suggestions are always welcome.
Do comment and vote.