Chapter 24

We do not remember days, we remember moments. ― Jennifer Niven

**********************************

We pull away as we hear a horn nearby. He laces our fingers together as we enter the restaurant.Its dimly lit with chandeliers on the ceiling everywhere. It has a vintage look which must be the attraction for the customers. We sit on the booth near the window. He sits opposite to me. We order as soon as the waiter brings the menus.

"So how did you find this place?" I ask picking my fries.

"We went to the cabin once and on the way back home grandad bought me here, the owner insisted us to try the nuggets so we tried and they were best I had ever tasted. Even grandpa likes them so its been our favorite since then." he tells me shrugging.

"Is the owner still around?' I ask suddenly curious to see him.

"No he passed away last year but his son manages the restaurant now and he even renovated it a little."

"Yeah the tables and chandeliers look new and its cool here." I say looking around.

"I'm glad you liked it." he says stealing my fries.

"You have got plenty in your plate." I say swatting away his hand. He smiles at me sheepishly.

"I want to taste yours." he says grabbing some more.

"we have got the same fries." I laugh at his childish behavior.

Its 2pm by the time we reach home. He walks me to the door. "I'll see you tomorrow?" he asks as I unlock the door.

"Yeah we have college to attend tomorrow of course we will see each other." I say

"Right" he smiles. "Take care and be safe at work." he pecks on the forehead and walks away. I wave at him as he pulls out of the driveway.

I keep my backpack on the couch and grab a water bottle from the kitchen. I had a great time with Tyler today. I don't know I would have coped with everything that has happened if Tyler wouldn't have been there for me. Its not so easy to let go people with whom we have spent our entire life. We grow with them, share our sorrows and joys with them, we see them growing with us and we make them part of our little life.

Avery was a part of my life and always be a part of my life. She choose her life and her happiness and now I choose mine. I want to be happy and I want a new life filled with challenges and happiness. So I decide to let go her and move on without her. I will always miss her no matter what and I'll always love her. Yes I was angry and hurt but life is too short to be unhappy and to hold grudges and regrets. So I forgive her.So one day when we come face to face somewhere on the earth, I'll meet her without any grudges, anger and hurt.

I was so engrossed in my thoughts that I jump at the voice of my phone ringing. Its mom. I look at the watch and its 2:45. Shoot! I need to get ready for work. I pick up my moms call and walk to my bedroom.

"Hey Mom." I say as I pickup my outfit for work.

"Hi Sweetie. Are you free this weekend?" always to the point. I search my brain for any plans. No I don't have any, I never have.

"No mamma. Whats on weekend?" I ask keeping the clothes on my bed.

"Its a small get together and we have some news to tell you" she says happily. Wow that must be something nice.

"Ok I'll be there." I say nodding even when she can't see me.

"See on sunday then." she hangs up without even a bye. I keep my phone aside and change into a camisole top and pants.

I text Tyler as soon as I reach the café. Alia has already started her work.

"Hey Lia" I say hugging her.

"Hi Sweetheart" she hugs back giving her beautiful smile. "Mark is waiting for you in his office." she says wiping the counter.

"Ok I'll see you in a while" I say walking towards Mark's office.

I knock on the door twice before entering inside. He is sitting behind the desk with his glasses on the nose. He looks up as soon as I enter.

"Hey you asked for me?" I say poking my head inside.

"Yeah have a seat." he says keeping the papers aside. I sit on one of the chairs confused about him asking me to meet me. Its been more than half a year since I started working for him and he never once asked me to meet in his office other than while giving paychecks.

"I was thinking about expanding my business." he says after sometime.

"That's great Mark" I say genuinely happy that he is expanding his business.

"Yes. I have been searching for the right spot to open new café and I have got three locations, here" he hands me the brochures of three different locations. One is near my college, the other one somewhere near the lake and the last one on the border of the town.

"Ok" I say looking at them.

"I want you to decide two places among them where we could get good customers " he says nodding towards the brochures in my hand. I am shocked that he asked my advice. He is more experienced among us and why does he wants me to decide?

"Mark, how can I decide ? Its your business you need to decide that." I say confused.

"I know its my decision to make but you are like a daughter to me Ivy. I have came so far because of you and Alia. I don't know what I would have done if you both wouldn't be there for me. I want you to decide because I want to. I don't know anything about these places so please do it as a favor for me" he says.

"No Mark no favors I'll do it. " I say quickly. How kindhearted and soft person can be? He never fails to surprise me with his behavior. Yes I don't know him for along time but the time we have spent with each other has made a bond between us and indeed he is like a dad to me.

"That's like a good girl" he says grinning.

"I should get to work now. Alia is alone" I say getting up.

"Of course " he says. "And Ivy?" he calls as I reach the door.

"Yeah?" I turn back again.

"Lizzy misses you should visit her sometime." he calls his wife Lisa Lizzy.

"Yes. I will Mark soon. " I nod getting back to work.

After the shift we catchup a little. I tell her about Avery and today. As I think about that I realize that both the days were so different. Yesterday I was shook with the news and I was crying my eyes out but today was different. I was happy and I didn't even think that much about yesterday.

How can just a person bring so much change in your life? Its amazing how you forget your sorrows when you are happy, you live the moment and cherish the memories. I hope I live the days and create beautiful memories with all these amazing people I have in my life. I need them even if they don't play a constant role I'm my life. It feels good to just know they are here.

________________________________________

A/N

Please like and comment 🤗🤗