Chapter 14

We shopped for an hour straight. I bought a cute new dress, a Victoria secret bra that Lucy practically forced me to buy, and some new foundation. A few times I saw the boys on our tail, I knew where they were most of the time though because everyone stood gawping in the direction they were in, I don't think Lucy noticed though.
"I have to sit on my own at lunch now." Lucy says randomly, I don't know how to react, so I just apologise,
"It's fine." She sighs, " Where are you staying? Your social worker came to our school saying you didn't answer your door on the scheduled visit." She added, I almost tripped over my own feet when she said this.
"When was that?" I whisper,
"Thursday." She answers, looking confused and concerned, "What's going on? You're acting...weird?" I ignore this comment and make up some lame excuse and say I have to go, we split ways, and I sit back at the ice cream parlour with my head in my hands.
"How comes you look so distressed, beautiful?" A deep male voice says to me, he sits opposite me,
"Mind if I sit here?" He asks,
"Go ahead, I don't mind." I says with more confidence than I feel,
"So what's the matter?" He asks again, I decide to lie,
"Boyfriend." I smile slightly, he has bright green eyes, and dark hair in a quiff similar to Luke's, he is really attractive, or hot as Lucy would say.
"What's he done?" The stranger asked, taking a drink from his bottle,
"It's not what he's done. We just had an argument and I needed to clear my head." I sigh, he nods in understanding,
"Fair enough, what's your name then?" He asks, smiling and showing pearly white straight teeth, they really are quite blinding,
"Courtney, Courtney Luke," I smile shyly at him,
"Nick, Nick Sutton." He smiles back, less blinding this time,
"So Courtney, what are you going to do about your boyfriend troubles?" He asks, he rolls my name of his tongue, similar to the way Shaun did.
"I don't know." I sigh, in fake defeat, I look up at see the boys heading in our direction,
"Text me yeah?" He says, handing me a piece of paper with a number scribbled on it, he then strides off, leaving me sitting on my own.
"Who was that?" Ashton asks immediately,
"I don't know, he just sat there and asked me who I was." I reply honestly, he nods his head, and looks as though he wants to say more, but doesn't.
"Did your friend go?" Michael asks,
"Yeah, but we also have a problem. The social worker I have went to my apartment and I obviously wasn't there, so she went to the school and they're all looking for me." I say, hanging my head like its my fault.
"You could pretend you're our room mate!" Calum exclaims. We all think about this for a second, I decide not to say anything considering my opinion is probably invalid.
"That could work, but the social workers won't bother us for the minute. If the police don't do anything, what are a couple of social workers gonna do?" He laughs, I decide he is right, but wrong at the same time.
When we all get home, I put away all the items I bought, thinking about what I'm actually doing here if I'm not a 'witness'. What do one direction and 5 seconds of summer thinks going on, I know Shaun's gang want to kill me and my mum because of my fathers betrayal, but why do 5 seconds of summer need me? At the bottom of one of the bag, lies a piece of paper with a number scribbled on it, Nick. I suddenly realise I don't have a phone and he's going to wonder why I don't text him, I sigh to myself. I could always ask one of the boys to north my phone back to message Lucy, but they probably check my calls and messages. I sit on my bed as the realisation of how alone I really am hits me, even when I was talking to Nick, I was thinking about all of the boys and how they would react about this. I've been here a little over a week, yet my whole life revolves around them in a bad way.
I fall asleep thinking about how I would get out of this mess.
-
Short chapter I'm sorry😁 I can't believe how many views this story is already getting wow like I literally started posting this 2 weeks ago and almost 500 people have already read it, I appreciate it so so so so much even if you only read one chapter and get bored I still appreciate you even looking at my story, so thank you all so much💘💘