Chapter 25

I wake in my room, and groan when I remember the last few waking hours I had. How did 5 seconds of summer know I was going to be at my apartment? How did my dad know I was going to be there? Where is my dad now? I feel so many questions rise inside me, that I feel like I can't sleep anymore.

I go into the bathroom and splash cold water on my face to calm down. I've never done it before, but I see a lot of people do it in movies and books so it must do something. I look at myself in the mirror, and think how much I've changed. I now have several cuts and bruises on my face, some old, some new, my physical appearance is mostly the same, but the main difference is my eyes.

I remember I prided myself on my bright, inquisitive blue eyes, now they seemed dull. Like a broken fairy light. I looked...broken. I looked down at my body to the places I felt a dull pain, the places my dad kicked or hit me. My arm was the worst, 4 finger marks had ruptured my skin, and where left there. The pain wasn't on the outside though, it hurt inside. Especially remembering the insults he rained down on me, it made me feel...useless, disgusting, like all of me was flaws.

Before I can continue with my self-rant, I hear the door to my bedroom open, I sigh and open the bathroom door. Just entering my room, stands all 4 boys, looking slightly pissed off.

"Last night. As much as I don't want to talk about it, we have to." Ashton says, calmly, I nod slightly, and he continues.

"Why the fuck did you leave? What did you think you'd achieve? I just don't understand. Just explain." I nod again, and tell them the truth, leaving out the parts about texting Nick on the phone as well as the boss as well. All of the boys look slightly skeptical, until Luke speaks,

"Where's the tape now?" He asks, hesitantly. I instantly retrieve it, and hand it over. Ashton presses the play button, and I stare at the floor, while they listen. When it finishes, they all turn me.

"You should of told us." Ashton says as if that would have solved anything.

"Yeah would have killed my mum." I choke out, my mum may not have raised me the best, but I still owe it to her to try and save her, considering all the times she saved me from my step dad. I feel close to tears, and look up at the boys for the first time in a while, Luke looks as though he is about to reach forward to me, but Ashton puts his hand up, and continues talking.

"You ran from us. And you need to be punished." He says clearly, I feel all blood drain from my face. Punished? What? Before I can interrupt he continues,

"You're not leaving this room for a week. We'll bring you the minimum amount of food you need, but you're not leaving here." He says, I feel myself gape at his idea of a punishment. But before I can protest, they all leave.

What am I supposed to do in here for a week?

I have stayed in my room for half a day, and haven't done anything, except over think everything. I can tell this is a softer punishment to what there could be, I've heard stories about girls who disobeyed 5 seconds of summer, and it did not sound anything like this. What I don't understand is why I'm still here. Considering the actual leader of the other gang is dead, there is no need for me to be here. Wasn't I a condition of theirs for the raid on one directions drug smuggling situation? I suddenly feel tired after over thinking everything, and decide to get into bed, even though it's only 6 in the evening and I haven't had dinner.