Chapter 30

The party starts in 4 hours. I've managed to convince the boys to let me invite Nick, he's going to be my get away, he doesn't know it yet though.

When I was allowed to get out of my room, I didn't leave straight away, I stayed for half the day, then when it was 12 I went into the kitchen to make a sandwich. I don't know why I didn't leave straight away, it was like a stand of mine that I won't do everything they say when they say it, it's stupid. We all carried on talking like normal, apart from with Luke, it was a bit tense but after a while it all carried on normally.

Ashton had already contacted all his friends about the party, and had asked if I requested anyone. I hesitated on Lucy, because we weren't really close anymore, but decide against it. I knew I had to invite one of my 'friends' so I chose Nick, considering I still had his number on that piece of paper and I needed someone to take me anywhere away from here. Calum have me his mobile and told me to call it from there, I would have preferred to text as I hate talking over the phone. I physically cringe every time I remember the call.

"Hey, Nick!" I said, looking nervously over at Calum, who stood there watching.

"Hey.... Who is this?" He asked,

"It's Courtney. I'm so sorry I haven't spoken to you at all since the club, I've just been going through some stuff. But it's all cool now. I was wondering if you wanted to come to my party?" I never say the word cool, why did I say it now?

"Sure! When is it?" He asked, he sounded off, but I decided against questioning him on it.

"Sunday...tomorrow." I answered, and he didn't say anything.

"Times? Place?" He finally spoke. Then he started laughing at me, great. I laughed too but it sounded odd and pitchy. I gave him all the details and the address to the apartment, I don't think he recognised it to be 5 seconds of summer's apartment, but I could be wrong.

"What are you wearing?" Michael asks, walking into my room with his hands behind his back. I'm still sitting in my pyjamas, while he's dressed in casual, but smart clothing.

"I don't have any good outfits." I sigh, and Michael smiles goofily.

"What's so funny?" I laugh, and he removes his hands from behind his back. In his arms lay the most beautiful black dress I have ever seen in my life, it's quite short, but is still so pretty. I feel myself at a loss for words.

"I got you this." He laughs giddily, and I smile up at him.

"No one has ever got me anything. Thank you so much." I say, then forget about trying to hate them, and jump up to hug him.

"Okay, okay, we have...3 hours till your party starts, so get ready!" He screeches, I laugh and shove him out of the room. I then get into the dress.

I gasp when I see myself. I look....good. The dress fits perfectly, accenting every curve of me, which there are not many, and I look nothing like myself, in a good way. I put on some black flats, and leave my hair down. Most of my outfit is quite dark so I wear red lipstick and paint my nails red as well. I look at myself for one last time in the mirror, and then go into the living room, where the main party will take place.

I'm taken a back by how drastically the room has changed. There is a dj booth at one end, and 'happy 18th birthday' banners are spread systematically throughout. There are strobe lights coming from the dj booth, and the breakfast bar has been transformed into an actual bar.

"Do you like it?" I hear a voice behind me say, Calum.

"I love it!" I exclaim, clapping my hands excitedly, he half smiles down at me.

"Have you ever had a party?" He asks, looking around the room. I shake my head sadly, and he looks confused.

"My parents never celebrated my birthday, sometimes I remember it going halfway through the day and suddenly realising." I explain, shrugging to try and brush off the feeling.

"Well I'm glad to be one of the people to help with this experience." He smiles down at me, and I shyly smile back.

"You look beautiful by the way." He whispers to me, and I feel myself blush.

"As do you...not beautiful...handsome....oh god." I laugh, putting my head in my hands, and he chuckles.

"I need to go sort out the alcohol, I'll leave you to admire our handiwork." He grins as he speaks.

I watch him walk into the kitchen, and continue looking around. All of the boys have been so nice to me, maybe I shouldn't go? Maybe I should stay here?