Chapter 7

I suddenly remember my one and only encounter with Luke...
"He's so gorgeous!" Lucy squealed, she was talking about her latest crush, Jordan; he was captain of the football team and borrowed one of her pencils so she was convinced it was true love.
"Soon you'll know how it feels to be in love." She said, patting my head in a patronising fashion, I gritted my teeth and nodded in agreement, I couldn't loose my only sort of friend. As we turned the corner I bumped into someone, I immediately apologised and went to walk off when a deep Australian accented uttered the words;
"Wait right there." I stopped dead and lifted my head slowly to be confronted by Luke Hemmings. My mouth dried as we locked eyes,
"You alright?" He asked seriously, one of his friends laughed,
"Think you gave her a heart attack Luke!" Luke smirks at me then walks forward, patting me on the bum as he went. I stared at Lucy in shock and fear, while she just smiled like a crazy person at me,
"Oh my goshness he totally checked you out."
"Probably not. His friend laughed. It was a joke." I remember saying to her, and myself.

"Penny for your thoughts?" A familiar voice says behind me, I spin and see Michael standing and staring at me,
"Oh...it's nothing, I was just thinking of my...mum." I say, then instantly imagine slapping myself in the face. I haven't seen her in years.
"Why was you thinking of her?" He asks, with genuine curiosity in his eyes.
"Her kitchen looks like yours." It doesn't sound truthful but the kitchen actually does. I remember as a child standing on my tippy toes beside the island counter, watching her in awe make cakes. That was before it happened though.
"Oh." Is all Michael says, I think of what life I'd be living if I were still with my parents; I'd be living in a scummy apartment, in Cornwall. I'd probably be keeping what he did to me a secret, my life would be totally different to how it is now.
"Wanna watch TV?" Michael asks, I just nod my head and follow him into the living room. Calum and Ashton are sitting on one sofa, Luke on the other, and Michael sits on the other. I decide to sit on the same sofa as Luke, but on the other side, I notice all the other boys with their feet up on the sofa, so I pull my legs up and lay my head on my knees (I took off my shoes as I entered the apartment).
"What shall we watch?" Calum asks, he's holding the remote, and is scrolling through every channel.
"I wanna watch a movie." Ashton says, and Calum automatically goes to the movie section. After several arguments between the boys and silence from me, they decide on Anchorman, Calum informs me this is his and Luke's favourite film, I just nod and he looks slightly disappointed.
10 minutes into the film I start to feel sleepy, and even though I try to fight sleep, I fall quickly, analysing today's events in my head.

*Luke's p.o.v*
*****Gotta mention I didn't wanna do loads of different p.o.vs but I had a really good idea and this part is quite cute so yeah -Rebecca*****
I watch Courtney out of the corner of my eye and see how her head slightly droops, but she picks it up again. Eventually she does fall asleep, I don't think any of the boys notice this. When it gets to a funny part we all laugh, Courtney stirs then falls onto my lap, I instantly still and Ashton looks over at me with a sharp look between her and me. I raise my hands up in defeat, but inside I feel triumphant, subliminally I run my hand across her hair, stroking it soothingly. When the film ends we all look in Courtney in confusion, considering we're all the most feared men in London, you'd think we know how to deal with a girl, but we don't.
"We can't wake her." Calum says,
"I'll carry her to her room." Ashton answers, sighing. He is the strongest out of all of us, and he scoops her up with ease, I feel an unfamiliar emotion throughout me. Jealousy. Why am I jealous? I just sigh and go into my room, watching in envy at Ashton's back as he walks slowly into her room.

*Courtney's p.o.v*
The nightmares are getting worse. Last night was probably the worst, considering I hadn't slept in the same house as any boy for years, I was too scared. I wake with a start, drenched in sweat, I wipe my eyes and feel they are wet, I've been crying? I look around the dark room and see a digital alarm clock displaying the time 3:37. After having that much of a horrendous dream I couldn't sleep, but I couldn't just get out of bed. I could go into one of the boys room? No. That's absurd! What would I say? 'I've had a nightmare and I can't sleep.' I'd sound like a 5 year old! I scold myself. Who's room would I go in though? Calum? No I don't know him well enough, he seems really nice though. Michael caused the bruise on my temple, which I subliminally touch, so definitely not him. Ashton intimidates me greatly, so my only option is Luke. What if he's grumpy in the morning?
I gasp in shock as my door suddenly opens, a dark figure stands in the doorway, and I instantly feel my legs shake. The figure walks towards me, I feel more and more anxious, am I going to have a panic attack, just as I think this he speaks;
"It's just me." Luke says. I quietly sigh in relief.
"How did you know I was awake?" I whisper, he's half bent over me now, inspecting the cut on my face and arm, and the bruise on my face, he looks upset but doesn't explain why.
"The walls are thin." He murmurs, "budge up." He adds, then he climbs into my bed...with me! I feel my stomach clench in fear, I've only properly known this boy for not even a full day. Luke seems to sense my discomfort and whispers into the small space between us, I'm facing away from him, while his facing me.
"I only came in here because I heard you crying, I thought you wouldn't want to be alone. I'll leave if you want?" He asks, disappointment thick throughout his voice, hearing this I realise he cares for me. I turn to face him, and see his bright eyes staring at me intently, I search his face for any clue his lying but he looks completely serious. He puts his hand in mine and oddly I feel my nerves calm enough to sleep.
"Well well well." I wake to a familiar voice say coldly into the room.
"She had a nightmare." Another voice says, Luke. I keep my eyes closed but I listen to their conversation.
"I see what's happening." Ashton says, at least I think it's him.
"I don't know what you're talking about, Ash." So Luke was talking to Ashton,
"What you're doing. How you're acting." Ashton starts talking louder, and I feel like I should 'wake up' now, before an argument breaks out. I roll over and open my eyes slowly, to see both boys peering curiously at me.
"Hi." I say rasping, my voice thick with sleep, Luke blinks surprised at me, while Ashton just frowns.
"We're all going out today, for a meeting. So you're staying home alone. All windows will be locked and all doors will be too." Ashton says, seriously, it's a lot to take in considering I'd only been awake 10 minutes, so I just nod at him. I look at Luke, he's standing by the bed just in his boxers. Out of the corner of my eye I appreciate his toned chest, while Ashton leaves the room.
"All your clothes are in your cupboard, I'll leave you to get changed." Luke mutters, following Ashton. I reluctantly leave the cozy bed and walk towards the wardrobe, as Luke promised, there hanging is all my clothes. I chuck on some leggings, an oversized jumper and a beanie. I then dither outside the door, hesitating to open the door, when I do, I see Michael just coming out of his room, he sees me and smiles shyly, which I return.
"When are you all going?" I hesitantly question, the atmosphere was getting awkward as we both stand at our doorways.
"In about...2 hours." Michael pauses only to look at his smartphone, when he does this I think to where my phone is, but my thoughts are momentarily interrupted by a loud crash and a shout coming from the kitchen.