Chapter 3

Hey! Thank you all for reading! Should I make my chapters longer? Idk
___________________________
"N-no I just went t-to work then went h-home." I say gently, but nervously to Luke, he can't know I saw, I might get killed like that man did.
"You seriously look just like this picture, Luke says looking down at his phone, then looking back at me with a scrutinising gaze, I shuffle uncomfortably in my seat, hoping for Lacey to come out right now. Luckily my prayers are answered and I get called in next.
"Courtney, you need to answer me honestly. What happened?" Our principle asks.
"I came in late sir, I got there just as the fight was being broken up." I lie, the principle looks at me for a while then sighs, just go to lesson he says. I scrabble out of his office, letting my hair fall forward so I don't have to look at anyone and practically sprint to lesson.
"So...how was the office of doom?" Lucy asks giggling.
"It was okay I guess, not the office of doom, it was normal." I answer laughing quietly, we're doing algebra in maths and I find it simple, so I've finished the 10 questions, Lucy's still on number one.
"Do you mind if I-" Lucy asks but I interrupt her,
"Yes you can copy." I sigh laughing again.
Suddenly our tannoy system buzz' into life,
"Please can Courtney Luke collect all her belongings from her locker and come to the main reception, thank you." I look up in alarm, I see every face looking at mine and I blush furiously. Walking calmly out of lesson I try to stop my anxiety as I walk to my locker, I search my bag and find my anxiety pills, I haven't needed these for a week but I've had a roller coaster of a night and a day, so I feel I need them. I take the whole pot out and put them in the pocket of my jacket, I feel like I'll need more today.
I walk breezily into reception, or at least try to and am floored to see Luke standing there with his car keys in his hands.
"You're coming with me." Is all he says, and he grabs my arm (in the same place Mr Smith did) and I wince a little, but he doesn't notice. I don't complain, I just follow, trying to hold onto my bag. We get to his car, a black jeep and he opens the door for me, the passenger seat, and I climb in with no resistance, why should I even bother. He looks confused at my submission and just walks round to his side.
"You know, I was expecting a little fight." He says gruffly, to which I just shrug, looking down at my fingers, what could I say to that?
"You lied to me. I asked if you'd seen anything and you lied." He looks at me with seriousness, but annoyed as well.
"Sorry." Is all I say, looking away from his gaze to put my seat belt on. "Where are we going?" I ask hesitantly, as he speeds off into the busy London streets.
"So you do speak, and to our gangs main base." He says with humour in his eyes, while all I feel is fear. They're going to kill me, why didn't I fight? I could still be in school right now, what's going to happen to me. My fingers begin to shake, I need another pill, but I can't take it with him here, how embarrassing, I can wait, it's fine, I think to myself.
The rest of the car ride is silent, but quick, to which I'm thankful for, when we get to a tall skyscraper building, he stood and climbs out, I attempt to open the door but realise he's locked it, when he sees I know this he smiles childishly to me. He looks cute when he smiles. I am mortified by myself at this thought, and feel myself blush. He opens the door and I climb out slowly, I go to grab my bag but his arm stops me.
"You won't need that." He says coldly. I back away in fear but still stay close. We're in the heartland of the west side of London. 5 seconds of summers base.
Walking in it looks modern and clean, a beautiful receptionist sits in front of a computer desk, typing.
"Good Afternoon Mr Hemmings." She says subdued, to this Luke smirks at me, I feel my legs shake just from that look.
"Is Ashton free?" Luke asks the lady.
"Mr Irwin is, yes." she answers clearly, no fear is evident in her eyes, but I know how easy it is to hide emotion.
Luke leads me into an elevator and I feel my anxiety peak, I can't go in here. I stop at the threshold and feel Luke's eyes boring into me.
"Can we take the stairs?" I whisper quietly. He sighs and rolls his eyes, pulling me in. I feel into my pocket and feel the pill bottle, the thought of them there usually calms me but I feel the opposite of calm. I need one. I suddenly feel ashamed as I take them out and take 2 out, quickly swallowing them. Immediately I feel mellowed out, Luke doesn't appear to see all this happen as he stares at his top of the range smart phone. The elevator dings then stops, I walk swiftly out but Luke waits a moment until walking out. He leads the way down a large but minimalist hallway, with 4 doors, 2 on either side, Luke knocks on one of the doors and I hear a smooth Australian voice, similar to Luke's say,
"Come In." Luke walked in, dragging me behind him. I stay looking down, the floor is dark wood, and spotless. This is not what I expected of a lead gangs base.
"Who's this?" The same voice asks, I sneak a peek up and my mouth dries in fear, it's the leader of 5 seconds of summer. Ashton Irwin.
"She's the witness." Luke answers clearly and confidently. Ashton raises one eyebrow at me, not convinced,
"Of last night?" Ashton clarifies, while Luke nods, "how do you know?" Ashton frowns at me, I look down, remaining silent.
"The photo." Luke replies, showing Ashton his phone, I catch a glimpse and it's one of me staring wide eyed at the man. I didn't even see the murderer get his phone out. Ashton stares at me quizzically, then studies the phone, Ashton takes confident strides towards me and all I see are his shoes. Black, sensible shoes. He grabs my chin and forces me to look up into his eyes, he has the most beautiful hazel eyes, but the frostiness in them intimidates me. I keep my expression blank, but wary, while he just looks amused.
"What did you see?" He asks me slowly. I want to reply but I feel like I've lost my voice in fear. "Not gonna speak?" He asks me, I just look down in defeat. "Get Michael." Ashton tells Luke dominantly, Luke just walks out the door into one of the other three doors, I can't see which one. I suddenly feel a cloth on my face, I take a sharp breath in shock and immediately smell the chemical stench of chloroform.
"Just breathe....in and out..." Ashton says strangely calmly, and I fall slowly into oblivion.