Chapter 2

I thought I should make a little introduction considering the majority of you that will read this won't have a clue who I am. The minority, in fact, is my friends- lululowe17 , Mrs_Faith_Sugg , CBurnley12 and SophieTyler5 ; follow and read they're stuff, it's really good! Anyway, my name is Rebecca Christmas , I come from South East England, I love 5 seconds of summer and I love writing so this is good start for me, so yeah, thanks for reading, I'll probably post often because I'm always on my phone (which is where I access Wattpad from) so yeah...enjoy!
___________________________
As I arrive at my tall apartment building, I check my small Nokia phone to see the time. Half past 9 in the evening, only half an hour since I got off of work, yet it feels like 5 hours. As I trample up two flights of stairs until I get to my floor, the 2nd. Most of my floor is made up of old people so I don't have many people coming round, which is a bonus for me because I don't have to clean that often; unless the social worker comes round for a check up on how I'm doing, which is usually okay. I searched my pockets and found my key, it was dead silent in the whole apartment building, which is usual at this time, and the only sound that could be heard was me opening and shutting my door.
Walking into my minute apartment I sagged in relief, and felt the tension ease from my shoulders. I felt comfortable in my apartment, it was my space and I could let people in or refuse to let them in, and it was extremely secure. It was a normal night, I had a ready meal and a quick shower, but when I got into bed the events of that night returned to the front of my thoughts. I watched a man I didn't even know die, I didn't even do anything to stop it! This thought suddenly made me burst into tears, I saw the pain in his eyes from the knife, sobbed racked through my body until I slowly drifted into an unwilling sleep. The frostiness of the murderers eyes and voice haunted my dreams that night.
I woke with a start, my 6:30 alarm was going off. I turned it off and dragged myself out of bed, I occupied the bathroom, got dressed and ate my breakfast. I then realised it was Friday, that meant I'd get my pay check at the diy store, hopefully I didn't have to remind Jan again because that was very embarrassing. There's 2 other employees but she always remembers their names and their pay checks, but they work the daytime hours so I don't see them often.
When the clock turned to 7:50 I left to walk to school. It was a very uneventful walk, I saw a few people in my class walk in group but I didn't say hi, I just hid behind my long dark hair, that was my defence from the world and any socialisation. When I arrived at school I carefully placed my bag in my locker, prior to this I grabbed all the books I needed that day, so I didn't have to back to my locker that day. As I walked down the hallway it was reasonably noisy, and most people walked in groups, apart from me and a few others. I'm not unfriendly or anything, most people just find me too quiet, one person in my class believed I had a learning disability for the first 4 months of school because of my lack of talking.
"Fight between Luke Hemmings and Niall Horan!!" Someone shouts and everyone rushes in the same direction, Luke Hemmings is the youngest member of 5 seconds of summer and is the only one still at our school as the rest got kicked out or left on their own accord or got too old (my school borders the west side of London and the east side, so there's a mix of the gang in each, but they all steer clear of each other.)
"Looks like luke's going to get kicked out." My thoughts are interrupted by my only kind of friend, Lucy Jones. We're in all the same class and we never really talk, we just walk around with each other.
"Wasn't he on his last warning last month ago?" I ask her timidly, as we both head in the direction as the fight appears to be, only because our lesson is that way. When we reached the maths corridor, we saw the fight was outside our classroom, probably because Luke was in our class, along with Niall.
"One of yours were in our side. Stay out." Luke says evenly, but still threateningly.
"Your people killed him. We had an agreement of no killing, and don't even deny it, we heard that there was a witness." Niall answers, his true fear showing clearly through, whoever fought Luke usually ended up in hospital, he was the most brutalist fighter out of the four leaders of five seconds of summer.
"How do you know there was a witness?" Luke says with gritted teeth, he looks momentarily confused, blink and you would have missed it.
"Rumours." Niall answers vaguely. "We gonna fight or what?" Niall asks, distracting Luke.
"Sure." Luke answers, scanning the crowd of students watching their exchange, not looking at or for anyone, it appears.
While Luke is distracted Niall punched him square in the face, oohs and cheers are returned from the crowd, but Luke just smiles and punches Niall in the gut, while he cripples over Luke elbows his head down, but at the same time knees him in the face. There's a lot of blood and it suddenly reminds me of the night before...wait...where they talking about that? Was I that witness? I shudder at the thought, while I think this over, our deputy head teacher appears, along with other teachers who teach in the surrounding classrooms. Miss Vaughan grabs Luke and instructs the other teachers to get witnesses, our nurse quietly takes Niall to the first aid room but I still get a glimpse of him, his nose is bleeding, and his face is bruised. Ouch. I attempt to walk into my maths classroom with Lucy but Mr Smith, my maths teacher, grabs my arm in an iron grip, that's going to bruise later, I think.
"Ah Courtney, you're trustworthy." He says more to himself than to me, as if he's going to get a gold star for himself.
Mr Smith follows Miss Vaughan's footsteps, so I'm walking near to Luke. He doesn't have any apparent injuries but I notice his swollen fist, which is littered in small cuts, probably from previous fights. When we arrive at the office I sit on the sofa next to our schools honorary slut, Lacey, she's slept with pretty much everyone, even Luke, speaking of which, he gets pulled into our headteacher's office first, so left on the sofas and chairs outside of our schools office is me and four other students.
"Oh my god did you see that fight! Luke was all like pow pow! And Niall was bleeding everywhere it was disgusting but so cool!!" Lacey says with emphasis, she really is quite stupid but I laugh and agree, she doesn't know my name but she still talks to me like we're friends, strange. Luke walks out of the office and Lacey gets called in, so Luke has to sit next to me.
"Budge up." He says to me rudely, there's plenty of room for him but I move right to the other end so I don't have to be anywhere near him. He looks at me quizzically but doesn't say anything about that.
"Hey, you look really familiar? Did you see anything suspicious last night? You look like this girl from this photo...." Luke asks me seriously. Oh shit.