Chapter 29

*Courtney's p.o.v*
I wake alone. I didn't have a nightmare, so I feel quite happy. I'm also quite glad I am trapped in my room today, it gives me a chance to think over everything Luke told me. I'm still slightly horrified at the fact they wanted to kill me, are they still planning on doing it? I don't even want to know. I try not to dwell on the fact my father betrayed them, and now I have to suffer because of his mistakes, but it's just not fair.

I know he has told me a lot, but I really want to know about their pasts and why they ended up this way, what happened to Ashton's mum, who was that girl in the picture in Luke's room, why all of them are even here. I would ask, but I'm too scared to see how they react.

I am talking to them now though, just small talk when they come into my room to drop the food off, I'm still not eating as much though, I'm just not hungry, at all. If you were in an apartment with people that were going to kill you, you wouldn't have an appetite either. I am actually quite happy how this week of imprisonment has gone, I've thought of everything that's been bugging me, and now I'm feel pure and cleansed. Okay, that's an overstatement, but you get the idea.

Just as I'm about to get up to go into the bathroom, the door opens, revealing Ashton.

"Hi." I squeak, standing awkwardly in the middle of the room, he is holding a tray with some soup and bread on it.

"What did Luke do?" He asks, walking through the room and placing the tray on my bedside table. How does he know? I decide to deny it.

"W-what do you mean?" I stutter, interlocking my fingers nervously, he studies me for a moment before speaking.

"Finally you're talking to us, and he's acting all....happy, he was only ever this happy when Olivia-" he stops and bites his tongue. Looking at me hesitantly, as if judging if I saw his slip up. I look up at him questioningly, and he sighs.

"I'm not gonna tell you about her, you'll have to ask him yourself." He mutters, and I pout at him, he looks between me and the door then sighs greatly.

"You cannot tell him I've told you this. I don't even know why I'm telling you this." I nod at him, and try not to look amused as that is the exact words Luke said last night. I look at the clock and see it is 9 pm.

"When we first started the gang, Luke was in a really bad place, he would get drunk every night and take lots of drugs. Then one night, he met this girl Olivia. I thought it would just be a one night stand like he usually did, but we started hearing about her regularly and then they were dating.

He stopped getting drunk every night and stopped taking drugs, and he was honestly happier. But then she left him. She didn't even give a reason, she just left. He went back to his ways, and was really depressed, but I think he's over it now. He seems happy again now though. And you're just gonna break his heart and then he'll be in an even worse place." Ashton says, and I think what he has said. So what? Luke likes me in that way.

"What does that even mean?" I ask, and he looks at me expectantly.

"He likes you, a lot... Too much." I remain silent, and he changes the conversation.

"It's your birthday on Sunday? Right?" And I nod hesitantly, he smiles slightly at me.

"We can have a party!" He says excitedly, and I smile sheepishly at him before replying.

"If you want. I don't know many people though." I shrug, and he grins, exposing some dimples. I didn't know he has dimples.

"We know a lot of people! We can have it here." He looks genuinely happy, not like when he faked a smile in front of the boys.

"Okay, I was going to ask if I could do something. Thanks for mentioning it." I smile at him shyly, and his face falls.

"Don't thank me." He looks down, before leaving.

At that moment, I hatch a plan to leave here.