Chapter 6

"We live in the penthouse of this whole building." Luke says, leading me towards the elevator, he pauses, waiting for me to ask or say something.
"Together?" I ask blinking, wouldn't it be an easy target if they all lived together?
"Yeah. If we need any meetings to talk about...stuff....it's easier if we all live together." He answers quickly, stuffing me into the elevator. Oddly, I feel more at ease in Luke's presence than I should do, maybe it's because he's strong so he could protect me...but he could do the opposite... I shake my head to rid myself of these thoughts. Stop, it's not going to happen again, I repeat to myself like a mantra, which it is to me. Luke's explaining how the apartment looks and where everything is, I'm half listening, until he starts talking about my room.
"We have a spare room, which will be yours, for the time being. It's between my and Ash's room, opposite Mikey's and down the hall is Cal's." I laugh lightly at his pet names for his gang members, he looks at me quizzically, raising one eyebrow,
"What?" He asks, amused,
"Your pet names." I answer lightly, looking down again.
"Nicknames." Luke corrects. "They're my friends, I'm going to give them nicknames." He adds, he's standing awkwardly, leaning away from me, but close at the same time.
"You should smile more." He says quietly, I look up in surprise. What did he just say. He notices the alarm I feel.
"No it's just that you look pretty when you smile. Not saying you don't look pretty when you don't. You just always look nervous, I don't know." Luke babbles, nervously running a hand through his hair. To save his embarrassment, I smile shyly up at him. The elevator pings and we've arrived to the top floor. The doors open to reveal two people running around violently, picking up...rubbish? I look at Luke, confused and he looks away sheepishly.
"I told them to tidy up." He whispers in my ear. The closeness causes me to shudder...in a bad way.
On closer inspection I notice we're in a large living room. Seriously, it's huge. Double the size of my whole apartment! There's 3 sofas that seat 3 people, and a massive telly on the wall, I gaze around in awe. Imagine being this rich! The people cleaning up the room are Michael and another boy. Remembering when Jan explained how London works, and which gang is which, I realise this must be Calum Hood.

"Calum Hood deals with the drugs, he looks slightly asian but isn't. He isn't the worst, but he isn't the nicest. Michael Clifford is the toughest, and the roughest, he has bright hair; Ya can't miss him! Luke Hemmings is the baby of the group, but don't think that doesn't make him inexperienced, he could easily take ya off the straights. And the worst is Ashton Irwin. He's the leader; because he's the oldest, his dad created 5 seconds of summer and passed it down to him. His best friend was Harry Styles; leader of One Direction but some say a member of 5sos raped his sister. They've been bitter ever since. I don't know whether it's true or not." She said, I can't remember what we was doing. I just remember the fear in her voice.

"Oh shit, Mike! She's here!" Calum Hood says. Michael stands up instantly and I shift awkwardly from one foot to the other. Luke senses this and makes formal introductions;
"Courtney Luke, Michael Clifford, Calum Hood." Luke says pointing to the boys, Michael looks shamefaced away and I remember our previous encounter, seems he does to.
"Erm hi?" I say embarrassed, while Calum just stands there smiling at me, he seems like the nicest. Luke frowns at Calum and Calum just shrugs back at him, still grinning like a loon.
"Shall we show you around?" Luke asks gruffly, placing his hand on the small of my back to guide me away from Calum and Michael, they both follow Luke and me though.
Luke leads me into a large kitchen, it has an island in the middle which separates the living room and the kitchen, there's a pizza box left on the counter.
"Oh I'll get that!" Michael rushes to get it, looking slightly embarrassed,
"You don't have to clean up for me," I say lightly, remembering the state of my apartment.
"Ashton told us to." Calum says, looking at his feet,
"My ears are ringing!" A voice shouts throughout the living room, from the entrance of the elevator. It's Ashton.
"Oh she's here!" Ashton says, walking into the kitchen and instantly locking eyes with me, his expression void of any emotion. He frowns slightly at Luke's hand on my back, but Luke doesn't let go.
"Just giving Courtney a tour." Luke answers his questioning glance, his hand drops from my back and I instantly feel my breathing slow down. The air is thick with tension, from what, I'm unsure.
"I'll tag along then." Ashton says lightly to Luke.
I'm lead into a hallway attached to the living room, where there are 4 doors. It's exactly as Luke described it, ( 3 doors on the right, one of the left and one in the centre). Each door has a single letter on it, apart from the one between A and L. The other two say M and C. This will obviously help me identify who's room is whose, Luke takes me into each of the rooms but doesn't comment on anything apart from the mess in Michaels.
Each boys room has a different personality's, Luke's is the smallest, but it still quite big. He has posters of bands and other artists strewn over the walls randomly, while Ashton's is extremely well organised. His walls are spotless and there's not a spot of dust or dirt in his room, it's kind of scary how immaculate his room is. Michaels is the total opposite, it's messy, but cozy at the same time, and it looks normal. Calum's is cute, he has a pizza blanket and pillows and a dog calendar, his room is basically my dream.
We venture into what will be my room, it only has the bare necessities; a bed, a wardrobe and a desk.
"We'll shop for some decorations and stuff so you can make it...you." Luke says, while Calum jumps up and down in glee,
"Oh my god, I love shopping!" He says grinning at me, considering he's one of the main men in the whole gang, he's adorable. I find myself smiling at him, which I haven't done since I first set a foot in this apartment, I look up at the other boys and Luke is frowning at me. Looking around my room I remember I haven't got any clothes.
"I don't have any clothes." I say sadly, looking down,
"Oh that's why I was out, went into your apartment and got your clothes." Ashton says, straight-faced. I feel myself blush in embarrassment, my apartment looked like a bomb had hit it! And all of my clothes were from car-boot sales or charity shops, all 4 of the boys here wore all designer outfits.
"So we're having pizza for dinner! What's your favourite topping?" Calum asks, grinning at me, Michael has gone to the kitchen to get a drink, and Ashton and Luke have gone into the study, which is in the part of the apartment I'm not allowed to go in - I wonder why, but I don't ask.
"Just plain cheese." I answer, he pulls a face at my answer, then laughs.
"How boring!" Usually I'd get angry or upset at this comment, but he didn't seem to offend me, so I laugh half-heartedly at his comment.
"Just like me I guess." I say, I sound sadder than I meant it to and he stops laughing.
"I don't think your that boring, if Luke noticed you, you must stand out a little, he frowns, then walks into the living room, leaving me pondering what he just said, what does he mean 'Luke noticed me', then I remember...