Satan X Reader V

Hey guys! Sorry it took so long to update. Hopefully, I can stay on track and post Asmodeus' chapter soon. So, what animal should MC be next?

• MC: Main Character, which is you, the reader
• (A/N): Author's Note
• Italicized words: your thoughts

☆☆☆☆☆

Within the walls of the House of Lamentation, the shrill voice of the Avatar of Greed could be heard for miles. "Aww MC. Who's a good kitty? You are. Yes, you are. Nyaaa~"

The noise could be traced towards the common area where only you and Mammon were present. The demon was kicking up a fuss because of your certain mutations. Despite your constant complaints, the irritating demon continued to stroke your face and cat ears. Seeing that the demon was consumed in his petting, you shot him an icy glare which went unnoticed as well, invoking murderous intents to swirl in your mind. I swear if you don't stop touching me, I will send you to the deeper depths of Hell.

A sharp intake of breath was suddenly heard near the entryway, cutting your train of thoughts. "What the?"

Both of you shifted your attention to the stupefied Avatar of Wrath holding an ancient book. Perhaps, he was finding a quiet location to read peacefully. Unfortunately, he picked the most rowdy room currently in the dormitory. Before either of you could explain, Lucifer also entered the scene, just behind Satan.

"We don't know how she turned like that. That's what we're trying to find out." Lucifer enlightened then took a seat in a nearby couch. "Leave MC alone, Mammon. You're making her uncomfortable."

"What are you talking about? I'm watching over her like you told me to." Mammon retorted while tapping the top of your head.

Taking that opportunity, you hissed and swatted his hand away. Ignoring his shocked and forlorn expression, you moved from your seat and settled on the floor in front of the furnace. Meanwhile, the brothers observed you intently as you curled up on the floor with your arms and legs tucked in your stomach.

"I guess she doesn't like you that much." The eldest remarked in amusement. "That means I'm leaving her to you Satan."

"Huh?" Satan exclaimed.

You were not the least bit offended by his tone and in fact, understood his reaction. Neither of you were close to each other and never felt the need to improve your relationship. There were no feelings of disdain or hatred, just pure indifference. Normally, both of you would go on your lives without interferring with the other.

"You heard me." Lucifer admonished then dragged a reluctant Mammon behind him.

From your peripheral vision, you waited until they left. Once the noise pollution was gone, only the crackling of drywood from the furnace was evident. Thereafter, you let out a huge yawn and stretched your entire body. Your eyes fluttered shut and faintly felt a presence beside you.

☆☆☆

A cold breeze flew past your feet, causing you to jolt awake. A frown formed on your lips from the sensation and blinked your eyes open. Consequently, you sighted the dwindling flames from the furnace and realized why the temperature dropped.

Propped on your elbows, you attempted to sit up but felt something slide off your shoulder. You paused and discovered a familiar green garment draped over your torso. With furrowed brows, you predicted the owner and became even more confused.

"You're awake?" A voice murmured right behind you.

You almost jumped back when you met with glistening emerald orbs several inches away from you. Startled, you gawked at the demon who was also sitting legs crossed on the floor with you.

"Did you sleep well?" Satan asked, his features aloof as always.

"Uh...yes." You answered absentmindedly then snapped out of it quickly. "Thank you for giving me your jacket."

Satan raised his hand and stopped you from removing the piece of clothing. "Keep it on. The room is cold."

Thereafter, the demon stood up and dusted his pants. Subsequently, you eyed a small dark spot on his thigh prompting you to check the corner of your lips. Satan must have read your thoughts because he then joked. "You must have had a really nice nap. I'll just add more wood into the furnace so you can go back to sleep."

Warmth enveloped your cheeks upon knowing that out of all the demon brothers, it had to be Satan who witnessed you drooling in your sleep. Furthermore, you were resting your heavy head on his lap which stained his clothes. While you were wrapped up in your embarrassment, Satan rapidly returned in his spot and guided your face on his thigh.

You were brought back to reality when Satan covered your body with a wool blanket.

Your eyes widened at his gesture. "Wha--"

"Go back to sleep." The demon uttered softly then patted the top of your head.

"But...I'm not sleepy anymore." You mumbled timidly and glanced at the newly-lit fireplace.

"Is that so?" were his final words.

Unsure of what to do, you stayed in your position and let him pet you. At first, he was combing through your hair strands then gently rubbed your cat ears between his fingers. The situation was definitely odd, especially since you rarely spoke with the demon. However, his touch and overall atmosphere was so nice, you could not bring yourself to ruin it. This was a huge contrast with Mammon, whom you were well-acquainted with.

After some time, you were completely relaxed with all your defenses down. Surprisingly, you were also humming lightly in satisfaction with your eyelids shut. On the other hand, Satan resumed his reading while carressing your face. His forefinger was following your jawline then grazed underneath your chin.

"Brrr~"

Both of you froze upon hearing the sound. Examining Satan's stunned expression, it only confirmed that you had purred. Nevertheless, you played it cool. "What? Never heard a cat purr?"

"I have. But I've never heard such a cute purr." The demon declared seriously.

Once again, you were blushing furiously from the compliment. Suddenly, the sound leaked from your mouth again when he tickled under your chin. You slapped his hand away in shame. "Enough."

"I would but it seems that you like it." Satan stated cheekily before displaying his hand. Below was his wrist with a furry tail coiled around it. It was your cat tail.

Immediately, you snatched the naughty part back and blurted out. "It has a mind of its own so don't bother listening to it. Don't mind it."

"Okay." Satan chuckled. "Then, what should I do?"

You contemplated in a second before saying shyly. "Do whatever you want."

"As you wish."